Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught49 View Post
    considering going ret as the playstyle is just what i like

so?
    Dont play ret in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...but ashbringer?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not the best but not the worst either and dont forget that tuning is going on till EN opens so changes will happen.

Deleted
    Sorry for your loss.

Ret will be fine. If it isn't now, it will be. Stop basing your choices on numbers, you should know what a rollercoaster that is.

so middle of the pack?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not good enough to make up for the complete lack of utility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    Not the best but not the worst either and dont forget that tuning is going on till EN opens so changes will happen.
    I've heard this since TBC yet those changes never seems to solve anything for a raid tier or two...

Sadly as it stands now ret is neither in the top for single target, single target burst, AOE or burst AOE which means it has little to offer compared to taking another class that at the very least excels at something.

I'd really like a factual answer to this question.

Not something shrouded in obscure things, or biased opinions from previous mistakes.
    I'm not saying those things don't matter.

I'm saying what was the experience in beta? I REALLY wanna play Prot, But if Ret is shit, I'd rather play a Blood DK then Unholy. Soooo, HELP? Is it fun? Is the DPS at least respectable to PvE content (They're not so bad a smart RL would bench them)?

I have compiled a comprehensive list of all the good things and bad things with Ret going into Legion;

The good: Ashbringer
    The Bad: Everything else.

Deleted
    Apparently crap for mythic raids. Fine if you're casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tuning isn't done, play what you think is fun.

The obsession with numbers by people who aren't bleeding edge raiders is one of the things that has sucked so much fun out of this game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    I'd really like a factual answer to this question.

Not something shrouded in obscure things, or biased opinions from previous mistakes.
    I'm not saying those things don't matter.

I'm saying what was the experience in beta? I REALLY wanna play Prot, But if Ret is shit, I'd rather play a Blood DK then Unholy. Soooo, HELP? Is it fun? Is the DPS at least respectable to PvE content (They're not so bad a smart RL would bench them)?
    If your main concern with Ret is that it won't be a good offspec to Prot then don't worry about that. Play prot and have ret as a completely viable offspec. I find them less fun than I have in the past but there are worse spec for sure. If raid leaders are benching SOLELY because of the class outside of top guilds then your raid leader probably has holes in his head.

The way I always think about this question is this:
    Are you in a position where 3-5% DPS is going to make the difference between your guild getting a world top kill? If so you probably already know the answers so you don't need to ask the question here. If not, don't burden yourself with choosing main based on DPS tuning, it'll drive you crazy and you'll probably end up making the "wrong" choice.

If you want to know if it is or will be the best DPS? No it is not and history tells us no it will not be. I don't care if beta tuning is over or not, Ret won't be a top spec so don't hold your breath on that.
    Last edited by Octa; 2016-08-26 at 05:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who's mained a retpala since early TBC, I can say that I'm enjoying the current iteration of Retribution a whole lot more than ever before.

Numbers can be fixed, and arguably they need to be. But the fundamental play style is, in my opinion, really fun (as long as you have a decent amount of haste). The Greater Blessings, however, needs to be changed. Consecration should be baseline as well. Holy Wrath (Equality) should be changed, as outside of a very few select circumstances, it's completely useless.

Oh yeah, "Echo of the Highlord" just reeks of "I hate my job, see how you like this unimaginative trait".
    Last edited by izayoi80; 2016-08-26 at 05:18 PM.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

15+ Year Old Account
    ST is mediocre, AoE is abysmal, utility is completely absent, but as an off-spec to a Prot Pally, it's fine.

Tuning isnt done yet. If you arent in a cutting edge mythic raid guild, play what you want. If you like ret, play it. If you find the rotation fun then play it. Its up to you man. As of now were about middle of the pack according to some posters. Ive been busy testing holy and having fun with that to really recognize what ret can do. Id say if you want to play it, play it.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The obsession with numbers by people who aren't bleeding edge raiders is one of the things that has sucked so much fun out of this game.
    Truth. People wipe 50 times on a boss at 40%+ and keep blaming that "wrong" talent choice that does 1% less dps.

I haven't really been following ret, but I'm confused by lack of utility thing, I thought Ret had all those unique blessings now?

Are those not useful?