Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like how they sliced the gnome

Quote Originally Posted by Mnesymne View Post
    Not saying i could do better, but imo it looked like a cheap plastic toy at the end...
    What are you talking about? All WoW weapons look like cheap plastic toys after TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    no disk = not ashbringer imo.
    could easily have done it with a piece of perspex or plastic with the disk inside, not like the weapon is going to be used in real combat, more likely will be on display in Blizz HQ

Would love to see Thunderfury made
    This is Ashbringer but in different model "Greatsword of the Righteous"

I love these cause i love watching Blacksmiths do there work but its a shame the iconic stone with the silver hand was not put in the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainatan View Post
    What are you talking about? All WoW weapons look like cheap plastic toys after TBC.
    You mean before WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Maybe it's designed for Donald Trump.
    the handle was a big crooked, it would suit Hillary better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Also why not the original Ashbringer design? I skipped a good portion of the video, but I dont see why they made the new stylized design other than "it doesnt have a floating disc we cannot replicate"

But yea, way too short for a warcraft 2h, almost looked like a 1h sword for a gnome.
    they did the same thing to doomhammer. they look to be making the alternate artifact appearances for legion
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Hard to hate on the guy's work, but leaving out the iconic holy symbol because it's "not practical" strips the sword of part of its iconic luster.

Yeah I lost interest for this episode right there, tbh. All he made was an artifact skin, not the actual weapon we've seen for years. Maybe he could have used magnets for the holy symbol? Then again, how do they even work.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I have to say that in the past I have really liked this show.

Because (save the warcraft items) he has actually tried to make FUNCTIONAL weaponry out of fantasy and video game concept.

(1) These are clearly rushed
    (2) They look like high quality props (NOT functional weapons)
    (3) I really hate what they "test" the weapons out on... seriously you could use a bunch of bananas, sausage links, dildos, live children, or bare hands to break champagne flutes filled with glitter
    Have a lot of experience smashing glitter filled champagne flutes with dildos do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Maybe it's designed for Donald Trump.
    #creepylittlebabyhands #johnoliver

Deleted
    Great craftsman !!
    But without the glowing tablet it looks a bit overnerfed ...... just like its wielder the ret paladin ;-) .
    Rune translation : "To the ground baby " .

I am hoping they have him do Zin'rohk Destroyer of Worlds. That would be bad ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    I am hoping they have him do Zin'rohk Destroyer of Worlds. That would be bad ass.
    I'd like to see some caster weapons

Deleted
    I honor Tonys work but honestly, Michaelcthulhu would make the weapon of it's in game size and wouldn't give a single flying F if "not a mere mortal" can lift it up

Just look at this:

But then again, they build pretty god damn good looking Frostmourne:

Quote Originally Posted by Ainatan View Post
    ... That statement literally goes against how it actually is in-game. Weapons have grown to look LESS plastic and painted on over the years, not more... TBC being known as "the disney era" or "clown era" in terms of color schemes and hotch-potch sets for those not raiding/pvping and getting full sets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    You mean before WotLK.
    Well there were some pre-WOTLK weapons that looked incredible for their time and have aged very well, but yeah... pretty much that.

This is an embarasment. First off iconic is the original skin of Ashbringer. For a guy who makes weapons to be used in movies/tv shows/comericals it's a cermonial weapon. It's meant to look good. So no disc version is beyond stupid no matter what the reason.

Second while the greatsword skin looks cool he sure mae it a little baby gnome size. That's pathetic. It's a GREATsword. You make a large 2h sword, yes it's going to be heavy. I'm ok with the blade being thinned but at least make it proper size and length. The warglaives were at least twice the size of this Ashbringer.

Honestly I think a "cheap plastic toy" version would look better simply cause it be the original ashbringer, have the disc and be the correct size. Baffles me how blizzard could accept such a shitty dinky little dagger like that as the final product.
    Last edited by SonicTMP; 2016-08-26 at 08:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So people are outraged they couldn't make a FLOATING GLOWING DISC hover inside a sword?

Once people invent floating glowing disc technology, maybe they'll add it. But he was right; it's not practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnesymne View Post
    Not saying i could do better, but imo it looked like a cheap plastic toy at the end...
    well since its made out of different metals, you might want a reality check on your expectations. things look a certain way in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So people are outraged they couldn't make a FLOATING GLOWING DISC hover inside a sword?

Once people invent floating glowing disc technology, maybe they'll add it. But he was right; it's not practical.
    dont worry, even if they deny it, if they had put in a disc with say, a small metal rod holding it in place, they would have bitched the video out for going that way.

People are too thick skulled to realize they are using the alternate skin variations of artifacts to promote the expansion anyway and they are limits when forging weapons in reality. UNLESS you make it a plastic toy with artificial work to make it look exact and fancy.