Poll: Should Zul'jin come back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not a fan of just bringing characters back, but even less of a fan of killing off characters just for the lootz.

Zul'jin didnt deserve to die like that, burning crusade didnt do a lot for the lore of the game, fucked up illidan, kaelthas and zuljin, wrote them all off as mad insane and unrelatable villains so we wouldnt feel guilt when we turn them into loot pinatas.

As for the bwonsamdi ressurection thing, i still feel they need to do that to voljin, they royally fucked him over with the broken shore, his arc was pathetic, he came out of the shadows, led the rebellion against garrosh, was promoted to warchief, then swiftly killed off before he did a single thing. Such a waste of a character! Zuljin atleast had a strong story arc wrapped up in zulaman, even if he still had more story to tell. i just hate the introduce > kill > introduce > kill cycle wow has had with its characters.

Not sure where i stand with zuljin getting a rez, i feel like perhaps a new zuljin should rise up, perhaps introduce some new troll characters, i think most races are in need of this. Hell i still dont know who replaces vol'jin as the troll racial leader, who do they even pick from? Rokhan? is that really it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    This just gets me thinking that there could be a storyline where Vol'jin and Zul'jin's spirits, together with Bwonsamdi, pick out a new troll to lead the Darkspear, and Zul'jin's influence leads what's left of the Amani to join the Horde--wherein the Darkspear complete their journey, going from the tribe that was the whipping boy of the troll tribes, to the point they were chased out of Stranglethorn, to the tribe the others rally behind once it's clear the Zandalari only want to return to the glory days for their own pride and power.
    Zul'jin hated the Horde, and hated the Darkspear.

Actually that could be really cool:
    Bwonsamdi offers to ressurect voljin, but tells him that he has to prove his worth, saying hes disappointed that he betrayed the trolls, by fighting an adversary, who is revealed to be zuljin!
    They immediately begin to fight, zuljin roaring that voljin betrayed the trolls, that he conspired against them when they needed to band together the most, Voljin states that his plan was reckless and that he forced his hand, and that he needed to oppose him and support the horde, Zuljin counters "and how well did dat go! the legion crushed you at da broken shore! I could see it in da afterlife, we coulda fought dem back together! We needed to unite to defend our world!"
    Voljin pauses and gets knocked back, zuljin gets ready to land the final blow, then voljin says "Your right, i know what i need ta do now, you will return to da world of da living, I will instead rule da world of da dead!" voljin then turns his attention to bwonsamdi and deals a fatal blow to him and absorbs his powers for himself, taking on the role of the loa of death for all trolls instead of just the shadowspear, and proceeds to ressurect zul'jin to reunite azeroths trolls.
    They make a pact, voljin will protect him so long as he fights for azeroth, which includes defending the horde, Zuljin reluctantly agrees, Voljin speaks to sylvanas and informs her of what has happend when zuljin turns up, sylvanas shits her pants (because the troll king is back from the dead!) "Zul'jin!" she exclaims, notching her bow and aiming it at his forhead, letting slip her arrow only to see it vanish as voljins spirit interferes, and after a tense moment reluctantly agrees to bring zuljin into the horde. Lor'themar also steps in and objects.

now we get both back in a way that isnt ridiculous, Voljins story continues as the loa of death, he gets the throne bwonsamdi promised him, he takes another throne by force and is a total badass, zuljin comes back, gets his shot at redemption, all troll players ever rejoice and get their 'FUCK YEAH' moment that they deserve after having voljin shat on and zuljin killed off, The horde get an old champion back and are bolstered by other races of trolls. To get over the troll hatred of the elves, zuljin could state that the elves were once trolls and are just another tribe by another name

Id jizz my pants over this if this happen, not sure how other players would feel
    Last edited by bloodmoth13; 2016-08-27 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    They need to throw Vol'jin a bone before anything else.

As we all know, death is only the beginning for Shadow Hunters.
    Agreed. They never wrote well for Vol'jin in life - seemed lost on how to write him - but maybe they can treat him better in death. That would make Troll fans happy.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I don't think he should get a redemption story, but he should come back as a Loa, even if it is just to make him a raid boss again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why bring him back when you can bring Vol'jin back

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No. Stop getting blizzard to bring back characters that should stay dead.

Zul'jin's a cunt, not a hero.

Dead characters should stay dead.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-08-27 at 05:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, Zul´jin has been out of the picture for too long in that regard. He was turned into a boss to get rid of him at the time, and he had plenty reason to be pissed - unfortunately it didn´t fit into the plans for the horde at the time.

What they could do, and I think they will when it comes to Vol´jin, is have a quest with the Zandalari where you ressurrect him in some manner - at least seem like quite a waste of character to go all "got" on his ass after just being appointed warchief. Even more so since we have heard nothing of who is taking over as leader of the dark spear trolls.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The Revantusk should bring back Zul'jin and then join the horde as playable race cause everyone knows forest trolls are much better than jungle trolls.
    You know very well that the revantusk trolls are part of the next expansion where they do a crossover with Star Wars: the old republic.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

He would have been a good choice for one of the new Four Horsemen, to replace one of the three humans, but, meh.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh agreed. Or he would have been a great warrior champion if the warrior campaign was about warriors instead of being about Odyn
    Zul'jin has even less to do with warriors than Odyn.

He's an axe-thrower/witch doctor/rogue.

stop trolling guys na basically he was like voljin "i speak for tha horde" and said NOTHING for like 2 years, lol. zul didnt say anything for even more years, because he is dead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh you are following the RPG? It's non-canon. Zul'jin certainly hurls axes as his ranged attack, yes. He also uses skirmishing tactics but that has less to do with being a rogue (he is not a pirate, a ninja or someone who uses poison) but rather with the fact that guerilla war was the best approach for the trolls vs the entrenched high elves. He is not a witch doctor in any way, we never see him use magic and his lack of regenerative abilities suggest he has been forsaken by the loa.
    Then he's classless. He's definitely not the Warcraft definition of 'warrior'.

Deleted
    'I spit on da Horde!' no longer in the collective memory around here?

A resounding no from me, as a fan of trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    No he died like a wussy. "I got stabbed..UGHHHHHHHH....MRGJKASDHGFASDJKLF....................ASDKLGTJASKLJDGASJKLDG....... .......Dead"

And Varian gets blown into fel bits by gul'dan.

I think we can see here the difference in the deaths.

One is a hero, one gets stabbed and dies..lol

Varian died to let the hero and others go free, vol'jin died cause he's bad.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    No he died like a wussy. "I got stabbed..UGHHHHHHHH....MRGJKASDHGFASDJKLF....................ASDKLGTJASKLJDGASJKLDG....... .......Dead"

Wrong troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Wrong troll.
    Wrong troll to troll about, additionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post

Poor thing, fanboyism struck you just before you posted causing any logical posting to be destroyed

OT: I don't want to see them come back, heroes coming back as Forsaken is one thing that I am fine with. However being completely brought back to life like how they were before death? Nty, Illidan is an exception due to him being a demon. I would prefer they slowly develop characters like they did with Nazgrim and then have them step up to the plate. For example if Sylvanas ever dies I would love to see Lillian Voss take over. For orcs Saurfangs son would have been perfect, for now I think Saurfang himself is best suited for the role.

Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with potential troll candidates who can replace Vol'jin that we have quested with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post

Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with potential troll candidates who can replace Vol'jin that we have quested with.
    By their own current merits, the potential is zero all around. Personally, I'm just hoping they reveal Vanira to have been Vol'jin's wife all this time and she takes up the mantle of the Darkspear's chief, with the same sort of treatment they gave Vol'jin in MoP.

7+ Year Old Account
    People like him because he is a mystery and they can make up their own shit in their heads.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Zul'jin hates the elves. It pretty much is what defines him. And now the Horde is allied with the Forsaken (the former people of Lordaeron) and the Blood Elves. I don't really see how any of the forest trolls could be allies of this Horde.
    "I hate you... I hate you all". <3 Zul'jin. But yea he wouldnt join the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol