Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

roadhog hook 1 shot

seriously i dnt see how blizzard doesnt think this is a problem, a tank shouldnt be able to 1 shot out of ultimates, and when he hooks you you cant do shit, i tried using reapers wraith form and it wouldnt even work and i also tried tracers recall and neither of those abilitys let you escape his hook, and then he 1 shots you with his shotgun.this is a problem and should be fixed, like maybe decrease the range of the hook and also fix the stupid wall glitches cos there not fixedor reduce the damage he does after the hook for 2-3 seconds so he cant 1 shot

except thats like all he does... he goes for single target picks. He is slow, easy to charge your ult on and very vulnerable when his hook is on cd. Say ing he should do less dmg after hooking some one is like saying tracer should be slowed after dashing.

Hooks fine this is a just play better problem.

Are there any furries that aren't horrible at video games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree completely, but I also think without it, he's worthless. There needs to be some balance changes that prevent literal one-shots. It's one thing to have a super powerful attack at close range. It's a shotgun, it's supposed to do that. But it's another to be able to mid-range CC someone into that one-shot blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    perfectly fine for how he plays, you just need to learn to avoid it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're getting hit by Roadhog hooks when playing Tracer, you suck at playing Tracer. If you're dying to it on a 250hp hero with full health, you're probably just slow at spamming your invulnerability. I regularly survive about 70-80% of hooks when playing Mei, simply because I spam the shit out of Ice Block as soon as I see I've been hooked (if you're missing health or have orb of discord on you, you're boned anyways).
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-08-27 at 03:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Doesnt always one shot. many a time i've hooked and hit and they still got away. yeah my aim may have been off a little, but it goes to show that you can avoid being killed. Nerfing Hogs hook would basically make him unplayable. Crying about the Hook CC Ulti Breaker, how about genji's reflect, or DVA's Matrix, or McCrees stun, or Ana's sleep????? Reinhardt's charge? should I keep going??? You just gotta learn how to counter the counter

youre everything wrong with balancing issues

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I agree completely, but I also think without it, he's worthless. There needs to be some balance changes that prevent literal one-shots. It's one thing to have a super powerful attack at close range. It's a shotgun, it's supposed to do that. But it's another to be able to mid-range CC someone into that one-shot blast.
    then how come reapers shotgun does alot less damage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    are there any threads where my furryness isnt mentioned seriously it has nothing to do with anything so shut it

10+ Year Old Account
    His hook is about all the utility he has, other than simply being a literal meat shield. I agree it does suck but so does getting flashbang fanned or facerolled by Genji, such is the way of Overwatch sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    This is incorrect. A single roadhog close range shot deals the same as dual blast from reaper. Roadhog has only 4 ammo per reload... reaper, yeah. Theres a reason reaper counters him lol.

- - - Updated - - -

are there any threads where my furryness isnt mentioned seriously it has nothing to do with anything so shut it
    you aren't furry btw

10+ Year Old Account
    It's smaller, shoots faster, and is quicker to reload.

If Roadhog couldn't guarantee the death of whatever target he hooks (Unless it's a tank, or there's a good Zarya on the enemy team), he'd be useless. At that point you'd just be feeding the enemy team free ult charge

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It's smaller, shoots faster, and is quicker to reload.

If Roadhog couldn't guarantee the death of whatever target he hooks (Unless it's a tank, or there's a good Zarya on the enemy team), he'd be useless. At that point you'd just be feeding the enemy team free ult charge
    Yeah this.

If the hook doesn't kill things that are not tanks it completely loses it purpose and Roadhog would be really bad, and he's already pretty average as is.

Just try to bait his hook or fight him after he's used it, he's really not that hard to deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't exactly call it a "one-shot" when you need to A> land the hook, and then B> land the follow-up kill shot. And the only reason that followup shot is so deadly is that you're eating a shotgun at point-blank range, usually directly to the face. If Reaper can shoot you in the face from that close, you'll drop even more quickly.

I'd be less annoyed with it if the cooldown was just slightly higher. It's annoying when you actually do use an ability to prevent him hooking you (like gengi deflect, recall randomly works cause he was a bit too slow, etc) and then he just does it again six seconds later while your ability is on CD. I'm not saying you should be able to counter every hook with a defensive, but even a 2 second longer CD would feel better to me.

I agree with the other posters here though, if it doesn't one shot it becomes completely useless and Roadhog gets benched.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Navi is pretty good

You realize the skill involved isn't shooting the shotgun, it's landing the hook right? Think of him more like a tank sniper. If his accuracy is good, he'll get a kill.

You can get hooked in wraith form?
    Since when?