Question Can someone please explain the killing machine pvp replacement talent to me?

I don't get it in the slightest. We want melee crits ->to get killing machine -> to make oblit crit -> to aid us get rime. Right?

Taking this talent eats away free oblit crits and replaces it with one on a 45 sec CD for 50% more damage. I am no mathematician but these numbers don't seem to add up. In 45 sec you can get tons of killing machine procs. How does this talent help in the slightest?

I guess if it works with obliteration and causes each of the 4ish tops oblits you get from it deal 50% more damage you are now hitting for 6 oblits in the span of 4? I am just seriously confused. Am I missing something big about the talent. I have played a good bit of frost pvp and nowhere can I think that this talent would aid in my burst. I guess it gives a slight bit of control but to what end? Then again I am not claiming to know shit, I might just be talking out of my ass and this may be the best talent ever.

Could someone clear this up for me?

It is simply one of the worst talents ever created. The Devs should be ashamed of themselves for letting it go live.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash the DK View Post
    It is simply one of the worst talents ever created. The Devs should be ashamed of themselves for letting it go live.
    I didn't read the OP....but this about sums it up completely....

Oh no they failed PvP frost as well xD

On a serious note: It seems really bad. It has some interesting applications like... I suppose finishing off an opponent who is at lowish health... but it seems bad like why would you sacrifice consistent overall damage for a 45 second burst Obliterate damage? If this was going to one shot people in a BG then maybe but... that would be broken lol

Unless I'm mistaken. As a Frost DK, you won't always be in range to autoattack a player to proc Killing machine. PvP is a highly mobile environment and DK's are currently the worst when it comes to mobility.
    I think the devs intent is that it's an on demand Killing machine that you can use right after a Death Grip or Wraith Walk once your target is in range.
    I do think it needs a buff though. Maybe a shorter cooldown or more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken. As a Frost DK, you won't always be in range to autoattack a player to proc Killing machine. PvP is a highly mobile environment and DK's are currently the worst when it comes to mobility.
    I think the devs intent is that it's an on demand Killing machine that you can use right after a Death Grip or Wraith Walk once your target is in range.
    I do think it needs a buff though. Maybe a shorter cooldown or more damage.
    It should be no more than a 20 second cooldown...and even that is too long. I agree with what you're saying though.

From my perspective, the biggest problem with Frost PvP in Legion will be our lack of means to burst a target down. Like was mentioned above, we have low mobility and need to do our thing in small windows of opportunity.

Frost through WoD was semi successful due to 2H Frost having such strong Obliterates combined with ERW. That was our burst window. But now, we have no such window. Everything hits for similar amounts. If we could store Rime charges, that might help, but that's not possible. Obliteration isn't the answer. And this new Killing Machine replacement is so far away from being the answer that it is laughable.

A Warrior can stack Avatar, Battle Cry and Bladestorm together for a formidable burst window every 1.5 min. There is a good chance somebody will die during that window. We, on the other hand, lack that potential and it's a major problem.

I don't see a way to tune the Killing Machine replacement talent so that it would be effective without being OP. It really just needs to be replaced IMO. Maybe they could move Tundra Stalker down to that tier because it makes no sense having it in the same freaking tier as Deathchill.

Only frost spec that was good in WoD was DW frost.2h frost was played only in season 1 WoD.as mush as i can see on Cervantes twitch channel frost has insane burst in legion but has no gap closers and basicaly no deff cd-s.frost has always had less self heal than UH because of lichborne heal in WoD but we could sustain ourselves nice with death siphon/plague leach,death strike combos.now in legion frost just flops dead if you are focused.UH is in the same boat with corpse shield being a shit ability(pet hp pool is very low).hope it will get better cause we need to self sustain or we just die because of our poor mobility to get away or kite anything.speaking out of average 2.3 arena player PoV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BotR View Post
    I don't get it in the slightest. We want melee crits ->to get killing machine -> to make oblit crit -> to aid us get rime. Right?

Taking this talent eats away free oblit crits and replaces it with one on a 45 sec CD for 50% more damage. I am no mathematician but these numbers don't seem to add up. In 45 sec you can get tons of killing machine procs. How does this talent help in the slightest?

I guess if it works with obliteration and causes each of the 4ish tops oblits you get from it deal 50% more damage you are now hitting for 6 oblits in the span of 4? I am just seriously confused. Am I missing something big about the talent. I have played a good bit of frost pvp and nowhere can I think that this talent would aid in my burst. I guess it gives a slight bit of control but to what end? Then again I am not claiming to know shit, I might just be talking out of my ass and this may be the best talent ever.

Could someone clear this up for me?
    Check out Hazzed on YouTube. Has a bunch of frost PvP videos that are current, meaning from this week. He does well as frost
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual