kgPanels parenting/script

Hello!

I'm working on giving everything a nice 1px border, but ran into a problem when trying to parent a kgpanel to my target's cast bar.

Is there any way to do this? Would a script work for it?

Cheers : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkSquare View Post
    Hello!

I'm working on giving everything a nice 1px border, but ran into a problem when trying to parent a kgpanel to my target's cast bar.

What mod are you using for the castbar? Generally you can use /framestack to get the name of your castbar frame and can use the parent/anchor settings in kgPanels.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    What mod are you using for the castbar? Generally you can use /framestack to get the name of your castbar frame and can use the parent/anchor settings in kgPanels.
    I'm using stuf- its letting me to parent it to the target (Stuf.units.target), but the actual cast bar hasn't been working for me (Stuf.units.target.castbar) : (

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the castbar is generated on the fly so kgPanels has issues anchoring to it. For 1px borders I actually use this tweak for stuf.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...16&postcount=3

It allows you to setup nice clean 1px borders to any element of stuf directly. For example:

There are 3 elements there that have a 1px border. The health bar, maelstrom bar (dark blue), and the mana bar (light blue, which is 1px itself with a 1px border).

Here's a pic showing the border setting in stuf for the healthbar:
    Click image for full size

Quote Originally Posted by PinkSquare View Post
    Hello!

I ran into this problem with Stuf and decided that seeing I was already integrating several addons to get specific frames and effects, I made my entire cast bar setup with WeakAuras. Then you can do whatever you want with your cast and GCD bars then (and 1px borders are built in). Just an idea anyways.

Off-topic: a nice trick with Stuf is to use blank Texts with opaque backgrounds as boxes/lines. It won't solve your cast bar issue because the boxes/lines are visible the whole time, but it's still helpful sometimes.

Deleted
    A thing you could do is to put this in OnLoad:

Code:
    self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_START")
    self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_CHANNEL_START")
    self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_STOP")
    self:RegisterEvent("UNIT_SPELLCAST_CHANNEL_STOP")

And then something like this in OnEvent:

Code:
    if arg1 == "target" then
      if event == "UNIT_SPELLCAST_START" or event == "UNIT_SPELLCAST_CHANNEL_START" then
        self:Show()
      else
        self:Hide()
      end
    end

I think that should probably work, anyway.

Thanks you three : )

I ended up going with making the cast bars in Weakauras since it was the simplest and I'm lazy. Also kept the cast text from Stuf since it doesn't have that ugly shadow on it like Weakauras does.

Cheers mates!