Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    I like Phanteks cases or Inwin, but those last ones are usually expensive as hell.
    Fixed for you.

Expansive is a whole different meaning and not one that fits Inwin cases as they are generally a pain in the ass to work with.
    They look nice and all depending on type but expansive? Not a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    There are cases $20-35 cheaper that will achieve the same results or better. 4.5GHz on a NH-D15 is nothing serious also.

- - - Updated - - -

H440's HDD mounts are trash though.
    That oc has more to do with his cpu room temps then the case fractal cases have good air flow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Anyone have experience with this case?

Struggling to choose a case
    It is a good case look up some reviews and the optical drive and all cages can be removed or moved

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Fixed for you.

Expansive is a whole different meaning and not one that fits Inwin cases as they are generally a pain in the ass to work with.
    Lian Li makes some really nice cases but very expensive, not cheap metal like the define r series or other cases linked here.
    They even make a boat themed case.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112533

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Lian Li makes some really nice cases but very expensive, not cheap metal like the define r series or other cases linked here.
    They even make a boat themed case.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112533
    the fractal cases are solid wouldn't call it cheap metal

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Point 1:
    Fractal Design does not use "cheap" metal.. or are you willing to compare Fractal Design to brands such as RaidMax, ThermalTake, GigaByte ... I could go on a very long time with this.
    Fractal Design uses steel where Lian Li uses Aluminium, 2 entirely different metals and the reason why Aluminium feels nicer is because it's a more malleable metal which means it needs to be thicker than steel and doesn't rust.

Point 2:
    Both Lian Li and InWin make impractical cases (such as the one linked by yourself) as well as good cases.
    That generally does not make them easy to work with where your link is even further promoting my point.
    Even the "proper" cases are nice looking and all but are still a pain in the ass to work with compared to brands such as Phanteks.

Point 3 (and the most important bit too):
    You're now comparing the brand Lian Li to InWin what my original quote held.
    So yeah.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe I need to link this to prove a point. Fractal Design does NOT use cheap metal... let's see how many cases' side panels can defend you against GUNFIRE and we'll talk!

@lockedout
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I can't believe I need to link this to prove a point. Fractal Design does NOT use cheap metal... let's see how many cases' side panels can defend you against GUNFIRE and we'll talk!
    Honestly Deltrus... Where in the name of Zeus' fking BUTTHOLE do you find this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

Man, birdshot sure is some dangerous stuff...
    You missed the point

Fixed for you.

For some reason I always keep making that typo

Although this one kind of expands https://www.inwin-style.com/en/gaming-chassis/H-Tower

It's a perfectly fine choice for an overclocked system.

Ah, you have the HAF X. I used to have that. It's not as high quality as the Fractal Design cases. You probably think all that airflow is super important or that its airflow is incredibly better.

Hate to break it to you, but the HAF X has better airflow, sure, but not by as much as you'd think - my temperatures didn't change all that much when I switched from my HAF X to my Fractal Design Define R4, the sound sure changed though! For the better. 8) Fractal's cases are incredibly well-engineered, let in more air than you could imagine just looking at them, and come with higher quality fans.
    @<a href="http://www.mmo-champion.com/member.php?u=601759" target="_blank">Seiko Sora</a>, if I had not gotten my R4 when I did, I would have gotten an R5.

It has housed both an overclocked i5-2500K and now an overclocked i7-5820K with an overclocked GTX 970, previously 760. I currently have 3 HDDs and 2 SSDs in it, as well as an ODD.

Do you have any specific questions about it?
    I'm not suggesting buying a HAF X (I believe it's in $160s price now also), it's just a case I had since 2011 and had no reason to change it for a new build. I wouldnt say it's lower quality, it lacks some of the features new cases have (SSD bays, removable bottom dust filter, easier disassemble) but it's still a great full tower case. I also wouldnt say it has much better airflow but it uses 200mm fans that require little maintenance, no PWM and are always quiet.

Thing with R4 and especially R5 is - 1-1.5 years ago where were not many cases that offered those features in this price range. These days there are cases that are significantly cheaper that offer them too (it's kind of the same reason as why HAF 921 was popular back in the day).

Simply saying there are cases that are cheaper that will achieve same results or better without posting them takes away all of your credibility.

Also, I know you're quoting someone, but saying things like "4.5GHz on a NH-D15 is nothing serious also." just makes you sound rude and almost like the type of person who thinks 4.5GHz on every processor is the same, when I know you know it's not. :P

I personally run my i7-5820K with some serious voltage at 4.3GHz, it produces a LOT of heat, and believe me, you put your hand behind my case, you can feel it. ^_< I think your obvious dislike of this case is a bit unbecoming of you... I'm having a hard time believing what little logic you're using against it.

Sooo... for the OP's sake, I will share an incredibly in-depth video on just how wonderful the R5 is!
    4.5GHz on most of the latest main series Intels (2nd Gen and up) is the bar that is very simple to achieve with D15, in some cases it requires one keypress. Of course LGA 2011 processor's overclocking is different, 4.3GHz for those is already pretty high. You could probably have in a little higher/cooler with a different case though. I see you really like FD cases but it's not the reason to stop being objective.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Really didn't, many cases will do the same.
    Except the other case in the video

He said it was cheap metal and its not that was his point of him posting that vid and if you want to see vids on how the case is to work in just search for it. They are very good cases with good air flow and the r5 has a ton of rad options and its cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can often catch an R4 on sale for like $60.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about moving my current setup from an R4 to an R5 (worth since I lost my top sound proof panels plus is has better everything else) but I'll be making an ITX build when I upgrade to Zen/Kaby Lake next year so I probably use the excellent Nano S instead or a better version if one is available at the time.

We have an H440 in the house as well and while it is an excellent case, I just vastly prefer Fractal's style and dust filters more.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Like Deltrus already said, the Define R5 is a very fine case.

Unless you are going ham with SLI/Crossfire and overclocking to the max, you won't notice a big temperature difference to other "high airflow" cases. The main difference in temperatures does not come from worse airflow, but from the fact that you have less thermal conductivity in the case itself (because of the sound proofing material). Fractal Design are well-built and if you are looking for a silent case, they are one of the few options available.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

I have one, went for looks, it's an amazing well made case, have i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz with Noctua NH-D15S + MSI 1070 with aftermarket OC. It's silent, it's cold, would buy again

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly Deltrus... Where in the name of Zeus' fking BUTTHOLE do you find this crap?
    It's literally on their own YouTube... >_> Not crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    4.5GHz on most of the latest main series Intels (2nd Gen and up) is the bar that is very simple to achieve with D15, in some cases it requires one keypress. Of course LGA 2011 processor's overclocking is different, 4.3GHz for those is already pretty high. You could probably have in a little higher/cooler with a different case though. I see you really like FD cases but it's not the reason to stop being objective.
    I pulled the case apart a while ago, didn't realize I had pulled the fan controller's connection to the front (where I can choose between the 5v, 7v, and 12v for the fans) so for a while I took the side panel off and used a small house fan shooting directly inside the case.

Believe me, my CPU won't be going much further with any case. I'd have to go custom liquid - which I could do in the R4.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, the only thing it shows is what people already know though. It doesn't show fuck all about the quality of the case itself. Only the weight. If this actually showed some kind of benefit for building/maintaining a system I'd think it was on topic. Since it doesn't show you anything relevant I'd say it's a pointless video. Show me how easy it is to work inside the chassis, or show me what options I have for cable management. Showing me that a redneck shooting the case will only destroy some of my components, or protect me if my sister/wife takes a pot shot isn't something that many people are going to find useful.
    Chill out dude. Calm your language and get a better attitude, wow.

I already posted a video in the thread about the Fractal Design Define R5, but since you're too lazy to look for it, I'll post it again, even though this isn't your thread. I'm getting sick and tired of your posts, almost every post I see from you is always negative or hounding on someone. Not a way to make a name for yourself, do you need to talk to someone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I was thinking about moving my current setup from an R4 to an R5 (worth since I lost my top sound proof panels plus is has better everything else) but I'll be making an ITX build when I upgrade to Zen/Kaby Lake next year so I probably use the excellent Nano S instead or a better version if one is available at the time.

We have an H440 in the house as well and while it is an excellent case, I just vastly prefer Fractal's style and dust filters more.
    Yeah, I too really want to upgrade to the R5, but there's really nothing wrong with my case at the moment, and I figure, might as well just wait for the hopeful R6.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

@Vegas82 The R5 is so easy to cable manage in that even I managed to get a decently clean build (photos in the build show-off thread, I'm on holiday and don't have the files on my laptop)

Missing the point buddy. Them advertising that the side of the case blocks birdshot is pointless.

I have been calm and laughing at your ridiculous belief that that video shows anything of merit. Try posting useful information instead of redneck science that proves nothing about the cases quality in real life situations.
    I got the version with the window, but I think the video wasn't meant to be taken as seriously as you are taking it. And I'm not sure that you have watched the TTL review if you think it shows nothing of merit.

Can we please get back on topic and stop going at each other?