Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Al leaders made esentially the same decision at Broken Shore.

Anyone criticizing the Horde's withdrawal is not being objective. Essentially all the leaders made the same decision: they retreated when their position became impossible and staying would mean annihilation. This happened for the Horde moments before it happened for the Alliance, but it happened to both and all leaders responded similarly.

The demons in front of Gul'dan were a distraction, a holding action. The real mass was coming from our flank. If you actually played both sides, instead of just watching the cinematics, you know there were 10x, maybe 100x as many demons on our flank. My Tauren Bear was doing 124k dps with un-buffed thrash and swipe. I did nothing that dramatic in front of Gul'dan. They weren't in neat rows, they were just so many you couldn't count them, so many your screen became a green blur with red damage numbers swimming across it.

The Horde retreated with Thrall unconscious, Vol'jin mortally wounded, and a crushing weight of demons.

The Alliance saw that same mass of demons on their flank and ordered the retreat as well. Varian would have left with his troops to fight another day (like Baine and Sylvannas), but had to sacrifice himself (heroically!) when the Fel Reaver grabbed the ship.

It makes perfect sense to role play as if your character doesn't get this, if you're into role play, and especially if you're playing Alliance.

But any player who doesn't get it is not thinking it through.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    But.. But.. Horde did it first, waaaaah, horde mean!

Varian died heroically to save the rest of his gang. Horde on the other hand just pussied out collectively. That's the difference. Yeah Lok'tar ogar, victory or death motherfuckers!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...amCannonFodder

This is why the Horde looked like pussies. Thrall moaning and crawling on the ground, Vol'Jin dying like a wimp, Baine bitching he can't go on. It was all used as a plot device to make Varian's death more impactful and to 180 Sylvanas' character.

How do you make someone look strong? By making everyone else look weak!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol this topic is borderline cringeworthy. You all take this so seriously, Blizzard has you by the balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...amCannonFodder

This is why the Horde looked like pussies. Thrall moaning and crawling on the ground, Vol'Jin dying like a wimp, Baine bitching he can't go on. It was all used as a plot device to make Varian's death more impactful and to 180 Sylvanas' character.

How do you make someone look strong? By making everyone else look weak!
    Except Varian looked strong even with out watching the horde side of the broken shore where you don't see any of that.

Yeah, the fact of the Fel Reaver alone renders reasonable argument about who should have done what, when, or why totally moot. Gul'dan could have played that trump card at any time -- just vaporizing in fel flame anyone it landed on, obviously, but still at the very least as a guard against escape attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Lol this topic is borderline cringeworthy. You all take this so seriously, Blizzard has you by the balls.
    This. WoW Lore isn't supposed to be like a football league. Get a reality check.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Varian died heroically to save the rest of his gang. Horde on the other hand just pussied out collectively. That's the difference. Yeah Lok'tar ogar, victory or death motherfuckers!
    No. He died like an idiot because he was too stupid to get the airship to shoot the fel reaver in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No. He died like an idiot because he was too stupid to get the airship to shoot the fel reaver in the face.
    You're just angry because it was so impressive and watching him gave you a hard-on and it felt totally out of your control.

where was the rest of the alliance leaders? kind of missing some of the big guns

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    where was the rest of the alliance leaders? kind of missing some of the big guns
    Holding the fort like Gallywix and Lorthermar, because—I imagine—the Legion wouldn't stop invading Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms

too bad none of the alliance had legion ships blasting them either. genn would be crawling on the ground too, if not a singed lump of fur. i've played both scenarios. horde has a lot more demons to deal with AND legion ships shooting them as well. like tirion said, it was all a trap. too bad no one listened. Varian did go out like a badass tho. his hair was perfect until the very end

You can't win this argument, OP. This is what Forsaken players have been saying for years about the difference between Role-playing and knowledge you're meant to have as a player. But to this day tons of people think Wrathgate was the Forsaken and that the Forsaken raise people with necromancy and force them to join thier ranks (not giving them a second chance at life, because light-based resurrection needs to be *fast*).

Blizzard is really good at making players role play when they don't even realize that's what they are doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odobisean View Post
    Holding the fort like Gallywix and Lorthermar, because—I imagine—the Legion wouldn't stop invading Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms
    tbh, if everyone at the broken shore would have died. The Alliance would have the nightelf intact (Malfurion and Tyrande), the dwarfs wouldnt be harmed (Council isnt there either) and Anduin easily replaces varian. With Sylvanas, Baine, Voljin and Thrall dead, the horde would be RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipskunk View Post
    too bad none of the alliance had legion ships blasting them either. genn would be crawling on the ground too, if not a singed lump of fur. i've played both scenarios. horde has a lot more demons to deal with AND legion ships shooting them as well. like tirion said, it was all a trap. too bad no one listened. Varian did go out like a badass tho. his hair was perfect until the very end
    Everything about this comment is accurate. God bless the Horde for surviving star destroyer photon lasers, and god bless Varian's hair.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by mumufu View Post
    tbh, if everyone at the broken shore would have died. The Alliance would have the nightelf intact (Malfurion and Tyrande), the dwarfs wouldnt be harmed (Council isnt there either) and Anduin easily replaces varian. With Sylvanas, Baine, Voljin and Thrall dead, the horde would be RIP.
    Maulf would die in the emerald nightmare. Tyrande would die trying to save him, and the legion would obliterate The night elves with the Horde crippled. The order halls would all lose half their strength and the legion would win.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Classic Horde Scum

Victory or Flee
    die or live*

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    This. WoW Lore isn't supposed to be like a football league. Get a reality check.
    I'm guessing this is sarcastic, because watching millionaires play catch is equally stupid.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    i just hate sylvanas alright m8...

Nobbel and i need an excuse to just kill her already
    I'm sure turning another random Alliance member into a quiver would brighten her day.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol