Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Movies you like that everyone else hates

Mario bros - I hated this movie when I saw it back when it was released. As a pretty big Nintendo fanboi I found it a huge slap in the face. Rewatched it a few years back and found it very enjoyable. Bob Hoskins, John leguismo and Dennis hopper Are fantastic in this. It's got unique setting, cheesy humour and keeps it light hearted. I think it's a lot of fun.

Ghostbusters 2 - this one Mystifys me on its hate. It's legit good in all ways. Fantastic cast, extremely quotable, great humour and some fantastic set pieces. The fx were fantastic for there time and completely hold up. Peter fucking McNicol is all kinds of awesome. HE IS VIGO!

Alien 3 directors cut - even before the very well received directors cut I really liked this movie. Fantastic British cast! Charles s. Dutton gives these fantastic speeches and completely owns every scene he is in. Charles dance is the soft spoken love interest for ripley. The directors cut adds a lot of extra scenes and even changes what the face hugger infects. It vastly improves the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostbusters 2 and Prometheus

The Village
    Superman Returns
    Spiderman 3 ()
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Star Wars prequels. I know they were popular overall, but most people I know seem to talk shit about them more than anything (CGI and Jar Jar Binks are the most common complaints I hear). I enjoyed them.

Also most of those cheesy movies based on games in the 90s. Mario Bros, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-08-28 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Fountain, lol.

I've liked movies that have gotten a mixed reception, but I can't remember one that "everyone else" downright hated. Noah might be the one that fits that description the best.

Deleted
    Mars Attacks is one of my favourite "bad" movies. I just love the how over the top it is and the ridiculousness of the plot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dude, Wheres my car?.
    Star Wars prequels
    Pearl Harbor

10+ Year Old Account
    WarCraft

10/characters

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weird. I watched it with all the military members of my family(including those who were there) and we all left feeling like we got robbed of our time.
    Again,
    That's strange, I don't know anyone who hates that movie.

Never said there isn't people out there who don't like it, just that I don't know anyone who hates it.

Deleted
    It Follows. In my humble opinion the best horror movie of 21st century with flat out best horror movie soundtrack ever, matched only be the one of The Thing.

Sadly people shat on it because it has no jump scares and rather builds itself up on atmosphere of terror. People have no attention span to appreciate good horrors anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Mortal Kombat
    I love this one. Horrible acting, crappy special fx (even for its time), but something keeps me rewatching. Prolly that Reptile fight.

One from me: Jumper.

10+ Year Old Account
    A.I. Artificial Intelligence.

Prometheus and SW Episodes 1 - 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    The Fountain, lol.
    I liked the Fountain, especially the outer-spacey scenes. I will watch any movie directly by Darren Aronofsky he's one of my favs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunraku_(film)
    + alot of the films mentioned in the thread already.