Roleplaying a Furbolg

I'm considering roleplaying a furbolg again (rolling a pandaren). Here's my idea for said character:

Swiftpaw Barkskin (nickname Swifty) is a male hunter of the Barkskin tribe living in Darnassus.

After the Third War, a young Swiftpaw joined the Alliance and migrated to the newly grown Teldrassil, where he sought to find a way to improve the lives of the Barkskin people.

The Barkskin tribe itself was a tribe of furbolgs that appear in WC3, their shaman was saved from corruption by Tyrande Whisperwind and they subsequently joined the Kaldorei, Alliance and Horde against the Burning Legion.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Barkskin_Furbolgs
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2016-08-28 at 11:33 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't expect to be accepted by most RPers if you hang out in bars or cathedral square. How many Furbolgs do you see in cities? If you plan on sticking to guild RP then knock yourself out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Just don't expect to be accepted by most RPers if you hang out in bars or cathedral square. How many Furbolgs do you see in cities? If you plan on sticking to guild RP then knock yourself out.
    I'm mainly going to have Swiftpaw (who's been changed to a male now) confined to Kalimdor. Mostly wandering around Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale and Winterspring.

Swiftpaw himself isn't particularly fond of traveling to Stormwind or Ironforge, he's much more inclined to the forests and small kaldorei settlements, with the exception being Darnassus as he's acclimated to the city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I'm mainly going to have Swiftpaw (who's been changed to a male now) confined to Kalimdor. Mostly wandering around Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale and Winterspring.

Swiftpaw himself isn't particularly fond of traveling to Stormwind or Ironforge, he's much more inclined to the forests and small kaldorei settlements, with the exception being Darnassus as he's acclimated to the city.
    Sounds pretty fun! If I were leveling/rping in those areas it'd be so excited that I ran into an rp Furbolg!!
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Felmourn View Post
    Sounds pretty fun! If I were leveling/rping in those areas it'd be so excited that I ran into an rp Furbolg!!
    Yep, currently I'm writing up a detailed backstory for another furbolg character as I wasn't quite pleased with the 'Swiftpaw' character.

Another furbolg of the Barkskin Tribe, this time an exiled shaman, who was banished from his tribal lands for getting into a physical altercation with one of his tribesman and unintentionally ending that furbolg's life.

As he lived as a hermit, his only contact being with the rare lost adventurer seeking directions. One day, however, when he traveling to Ashenvale, he encountered the Warsong Outriders logging the great trees of the ancient forest. Enraged, he began to set up subtle, but effective guerilla attacks on the destructive Horde in an effort to slow their efforts. However, the orcs quickly discovered the lone furbolg, dealing a massive blow to his skull with a battle axe, leaving him to die somewhere in the forest.

Dead or amazingly close to it, luck came unexpectedly as a Preistess of Elune, sent to aid the Silverwing Sentinels, wandered upon the furbolg. Resurrecting and nursing the Barkskin back to health, she began to tell him of how her people joined the Alliance. Motivated to stop the destruction, he joined the Alliance (unofficially).

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, currently I'm writing up a detailed backstory for another furbolg character as I wasn't quite pleased with the 'Swiftpaw' character.

Another furbolg of the Barkskin Tribe, this time an exiled shaman, who was banished from his tribal lands for getting into a physical altercation with one of his tribesman and unintentionally ending that furbolg's life.

As he lived as a hermit, his only contact being with the rare lost adventurer seeking directions. One day, however, when he traveling to Ashenvale, he encountered the Warsong Outriders logging the great trees of the ancient forest. Enraged, he began to set up subtle, but effective guerilla attacks on the destructive Horde in an effort to slow their efforts. However, the orcs quickly discovered the lone furbolg, dealing a massive blow to his skull with a battle axe, leaving him to die somewhere in the forest.

Dead or amazingly close to it, luck came unexpectedly as a Preistess of Elune, sent to aid the Silverwing Sentinels, wandered upon the furbolg. Resurrecting and nursing the Barkskin back to health, she began to tell him of how her people joined the Alliance. Motivated to stop the destruction, he joined the Alliance (unofficially).

What do you think?
    Wow, sounds pretty awesome to me! Glad he doesn't lose his shamanistic powers like Thrall.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

Deleted
    It'll be a challenge for people to imagine a furbolg when you play as a Pandaren. As far as I remember there's a toy (from legacy times, allowing you to turn into a furbolg forever) which you could use to make this entire thing more believable.

Very respectable and accurate to Furbolgs! I thank you for knowing what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Very respectable and accurate to Furbolgs! I thank you for knowing what to do.
    Thank you, it really annoys me when people go into rping exotic races without attempting to learn anything about them.