Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Could someone post stat weights (most notably between Crit/Mastery) for Tank/Dungeon Healing vs Raid Healing?
    You won't find any accurate healer stat weights until raids open. You can't get accurate simulations for healers, and have to base your calculations on log data. So with no log data, all numbers are just speculation based on beta or WoD. This goes doubly for the new mastery.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Hey guys I am struggling to decide which trinket to use for raiding between these two:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=136263/v...#same-model-as Ilvl 845 with 1,177 Intellect and 915 Haste
    OR
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=137452/t...mer&bonus=1726 Ilvl 830 with 1,023 Intellect and the proc effect(Equip: Your healing spells have a chance to grant you 340 Mastery every 1 sec for 20 sec.).

I feel like the pvp trinket would be better for raiding and the Thrumming Gossamer would be better for Dungeons, but I would like any feedback thanks.
    Last edited by mmoc90e43a51c8; 2016-09-19 at 04:16 PM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone tried using the trinket "Amalgam's Seventh Spine" with the "Abundance" and "Moment of Clarity" talents? It's a pretty unorthodox talent setup and requires some gameplay changes but seems like you would have a lot of mana in long fights.

Taking abundance and moment of clarity puts you at a severe disadvantage. Healing touch does not heal for enough and moment of clarity is too random. You lose hefty throughput increasing talents for mediocre-bad mana regen ones.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you that it hurts throughput, but was wondering if it was viable for more endurance style of fights.

I doubt the mana gain of MoC+amalgamation winds up being better than what you get out of flouish (nearly a free WG once per minute, plus whatever rejuv uptime it gains you.)

Quote Originally Posted by EmpathG View Post
    I agree with you that it hurts throughput, but was wondering if it was viable for more endurance style of fights.
    it's not. Flourish is too OP

what neck enchants are people using? Is ancient priestess decent at all? I was gonna just go with mastery but mastery seems pretty lackluster for healing large raids.

I have the same dilemma as someone that posted the other day. I have the 840 version of Thrumming Gossamer but I also just recently got an 880 Bleached Skull Talisman with 1,631 int and 1,043 mastery. Does the mastery proc on gossamer(almost 6000 more master at 20 seconds than the stat rock) outweigh the massive amount of int I receive(508)?

Deleted
    Is there any bis list for heal trinkets now that Emerald Nightmare is out?
    Last edited by mmocf80cf43b2a; 2016-09-25 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tking View Post
    Is there any bis list for heal trinkets now that Emerald Nightmare is out?
    Chrono Shard and Flask of the Solemn Night are the two best throughput trinkets coming from mythic dungeons.
    The EN trinkets are pretty lackluster for resto druids imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomali View Post
    Chrono Shard and Flask of the Solemn Night are the two best throughput trinkets coming from mythic dungeons.
    The EN trinkets are pretty lackluster for resto druids imo.
    Probably those, yeah. I've been messing around with the absorb trinkets (Vial of Nightmare Fog and Naglfar's Fare) and they don't scale very well in raids. They're pretty good in dungeons, but don't proc enough in raid. I do want to try and get a good Concave Reflecting Lense and mess around with it in raid.

Deleted
    yo. wondering if any of you have updated a lifebloom progress bar WA with the changes to lifebloom's refresh this expac. looking to get one that changes colour with ~3.5 seconds left so i know when i can safely refresh lifebloom and still get the bloom effect, but everything i've tried based off of old debuff tracking ones seems to fall short and not work. any help is appreciated

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, I have a (more or less) Problem. Shot Backstory: I'm in a new guild and I'm struggling to fit in because they are more casual then progress and I USED to be progress but because of reallife obligations etc. I can't be progress anymore, so I went for casual. Okay, this on it's own brings a bit of drama because I'm super hyped for raids and stuff. Also looks like I'm the only person who actually gives a flying fuck about stat weights etc.

Okay, now my question to you is about Tranq as a raid cd. Because in the past I went with PuGs, I used to tranq when I felt was right or I whisperd other healers to coordinate cds. I really liked sticking with Inner Peace because fuck, I love tranq and I love running around while casting (bless you, G'Hanir). Now yesterday was my 1st raid with said guild and this new raidleader, who also is a healer. On Xavius I popped tranq fairly early (because avg duration ~8 min, I can pop quit a few tranqs in there). Now as I do so, he flames me for not waiting for an announcement. Ok, I think to myself, I'll wait for him to tell me to cast it which is okay, that's how my old raidleaders used to handle it. As the fight(and wipes) continue I hold to myself and wait for any tranq calls... none. Not a single tranq was given that day. (That being said, he didn't announce any of his cd either)

How do you handle tranq or raid cd's in general? Are you free to cast them on your own? I'm a bit afraid to talk to him about it because I'm already the "over eager idiot who doesn't try to fit in"..
    Last edited by Kitanii; 2016-09-27 at 07:47 AM.
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii View Post
    Guys, I have a (more or less) Problem. Shot Backstory: I'm in a new guild and I'm struggling to fit in because they are more casual then progress and I USED to be progress but because of reallife obligations etc. I can't be progress anymore, so I went for casual. Okay, this on it's own brings a bit of drama because I'm super hyped for raids and stuff. Also looks like I'm the only person who actually gives a flying fuck about stat weights etc.

Okay, now my question to you is about Tranq as a raid cd. Because in the past I went with PuGs, I used to tranq when I felt was right or I whisperd other healers to coordinate cds. I really liked sticking with Inner Peace because fuck, I love tranq and I love running around while casting (bless you, G'Hanir). Now yesterday was my 1st raid with said guild and this new raidleader, who also is a healer. On Xavius I popped tranq fairly early (because avg duration ~8 min, I can pop quit a few tranqs in there). Now as I do so, he flames me for not waiting for an announcement. Ok, I think to myself, I'll wait for him to tell me to cast it which is okay, that's how my old raidleaders used to handle it. As the fight(and wipes) continue I hold to myself and wait for any tranq calls... none. Not a single tranq was given that day. (That being said, he didn't announce any of his cd either)

How do you handle tranq or raid cd's in general? Are you free to cast them on your own? I'm a bit afraid to talk to him about it because I'm already the "over eager idiot who doesn't try to fit in"..
    Xavius is really cool for our tranqs. With Inner Peace you may use it before Dream, in Dream, immediately after the dream ends. And if your raid leader doesn't assigned your tanq for exact moment, you should you use it whenever you think it's usefull. Actually good tranq saves tons of mana for all healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii View Post
    For guild raids it depends entirely on the fight, but some kind of assignment is usually the way to go. Sometimes we'll assign exactly when each cooldown will be used (Ursoc being probably the best example). Sometimes we just have a cooldown order so that they don't overlap, but "fire at will" when it's your turn in that order. Sometimes it's free for all. Often it's a mix, with some cooldowns assigned while one or more healers have "fire at will" instructions to deal with anything unexpected.

For PUG raids, I've never had anyone care. But if someone does care, ask exactly when they want it. Phase transition or whatever. Don't accept that they'll call for it as an answer, because they'll forget more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogion View Post
    Xavius is really cool for our tranqs. With Inner Peace you may use it before Dream, in Dream, immediately after the dream ends.
    Much too random for my liking. The cooldown reset only happens when leaving the dream and you can't control whether you go first or second, so you might not get much out of it.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

re: neck enchants, probably don't bother with ancient priestess. I tossed one on for heroic xavius and it did <1% of my healing. Probably gonna go with mastery after all.

Is Cultivation best for progression now? I was checking Mandrei his talents and he is using this atm.

Deleted
    If I need to DPS in an instance; I have to go kitten and hit people in the face according to the talent choices?

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    If I need to DPS in an instance; I have to go kitten and hit people in the face according to the talent choices?
    In my limited (Mythic +) dungeon experience (only +6) , the only way to really Aoe is sunfire+ cat-swipe. Not sure on how to handle it exaclty, but sunfire + cat swipe does good dmg.
    Somebody who is more knowelegeable can probably tell you when it is smart to use your finishers etc also.