Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    Are the stat weights correct on the first post? Ask Mr. Robot has much different weights, are theirs just wrong?
    No, and most likely yes. The stat weights are most likely not correct, and AMR most likely does not have correct stat weights either.

Quote Originally Posted by mogra View Post
    The warcraft logs link showing the most used talents is showing cenarion ward, cultivation are the most used talents. Did something change recently that made sotf less attractive?
    Legendaries factor in. Cultivation is much better if you have the legendary ring, as it greatly increases the number of Rejuvenations you have up. And once you've switched out Soul of the Forest, Prosperity isn't quite as good anymore. More people are going to have it today than did two weeks ago.

Are the stat weights correct on the first post? Ask Mr. Robot has much different weights, are theirs just wrong?
    Take all of them with a grain of salt unless they specify exactly what they're for. The stat weights for heroic dungeons, mythic dungeons, 10 man raiding, and 20 man raiding will be a bit different. Talent choices also matter: mastery is much better if you're running CW/Cult/SB than if you use Pr/SotF/IP (or any mix of those two). Since there's no single best talent setup for every fight and raid setup, expect there to always be some confusion and never any "perfect" stat weights.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbuff View Post
    I discovered something quite odd last week while I was on Xavius. I was trying out the tree of life talent, and used it during the dream phase. After I left dream phase, I had perma tree form for the rest of the encounter, until Xavius died. Needless to say, I felt like a God.

Anyone else encountered this before?
    Do you have logs or a video of this happening?

Each piece of gear affects what your current stat weight should be, because the secondary stats are dynamic. This means each point of stat changes the 'stat weight'. Therefore, no blanket stat weight in any guide is fully 'correct'. This is even worse as a healer because our HPS is dependent on both mechanics and talents. I truly believe the best way to decide what piece to wear is usually a lot simpler than using an addon, because if you are not simming your character with every upgrade stat weights will not be entirely correct. And even if you do sim frequently, it might be incorrect.

Raids (20 people): Gear w/ int on it: Take every 10+ilv upgrade you can, and only take a 5ilv upgrade if the piece has haste or crit on it. Not having haste or crit on a piece is bad.
    Gear w/o int on it: Take any 20ilv boost you can with any stat, or any lesser upgrade if the piece has haste or crit on it.

Dungeons: Roughly the same thing prioritizing mastery+haste instead of haste+crit.

Any piece of gear that is 'off' this generalized flow chart, but simmed as an upgrade through whatever means will not change your healing by a noticeable amount compared to the changing of mechanics/talents/bosses/healing group/over vs underhealing/cds.

The reason we can be relatively cavalier about our priority as a resto druid is because our stat weight are fairly close to each other, except in maybe the case of super high mythic+ for mastery. Other specs like boomkins cannot afford this luxury.
    Last edited by Tomali; 2016-10-21 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Do you have logs or a video of this happening?
    https://www.twitch.tv/refute/v/95984695?t=59m11s
    Last edited by mogra; 2016-10-21 at 12:08 AM.

watched the video. Yea that was what happened to me too! How was it triggered actually though?

You tree of life before getting dream, then when dream ends you get put in tree for the rest of the fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mogra View Post
    You tree of life before getting dream, then when dream ends you get put in tree for the rest of the fight.
    Wowowowowow

Really?

Maybe hotfix incoming?

10+ Year Old Account
    This might be a silly question...

I finally got a legendary last night. The one I knew all along would be the one that I'd get...Sephuz' Secret.

I can't imagine I'd be doing much proc'ing of the actual ability on the ring, but since I do use my druid as resto for raiding, the actual stats aren't horrible (haste/crit) and it was a pretty big upgrade over the other ring I had. I want to use it but I'm not sure if it's worth spending 16k for a 200 intellect epic gem, or if putting in the 150 haste rare gem is better.

Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I can't imagine I'd be doing much proc'ing of the actual ability on the ring, but since I do use my druid as resto for raiding, the actual stats aren't horrible (haste/crit) and it was a pretty big upgrade over the other ring I had. I want to use it but I'm not sure if it's worth spending 16k for a 200 intellect epic gem, or if putting in the 150 haste rare gem is better.

Advice?
    Go for the cheaper gem. The price difference is ridiculously high for the relatively small stat gain, so don't bother unless it's a Tearstone (which you'll probably keep for most of the expansion, knowing what we know now). Assuming you don't have piles of gold that you don't know what to do with, but if that was the case you probably wouldn't be asking.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    mastery is much better if you're running CW/Cult/SB
    How high would you put mastery in mythic raid with me running CW/Cult/IP most of the time (I have legendary wrists so I'm running CW most of the time but do use ToL occasionally). Probably I should value it more then versatility but still less then crit..
    Also I saw it mentioned many times that I should take IP only if it gives me an opportunity to use tranquil one more time then without it. But most of the time I find myself being forced to take it just for better cooldown coverage. Like people are saying that I should use it on 1-4-7 on ursoc, but I have to use it on 3-6 (which still makes me take IP) so shaman can use totem on 2-7. It kind of feels like a waste of talent and just lowering my hps for no reason. And Ursoc is just an example, it's almost every boss in mythic that goes like this for me.
    Last edited by Nitania; 2016-10-22 at 12:04 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    This might be a silly question...

I finally got a legendary last night. The one I knew all along would be the one that I'd get...Sephuz' Secret.

Advice?
    Stats are good, I'd go for it. You won't be replacing it anytime soon, so it will last. Unless you already have the int gem in a socket, you should regardless.

Finally downed Heroic Xavius last night, looking to improve my healing.

/reports/BcpzYJqVwa1FRkjv#type=healing&source=109

Have been healing in WoW since Vanilla with Holypal, just rolled Rdruid for Legion.
    Any advise/criticism would be great xD
    Dontpetme - Dentarg US
    Last edited by Alexpwns314; 2016-10-22 at 05:11 PM.

Hey guys, started recently resto for m+, can you help me a bit - What addons do you use for hot tracking and are there updated WA for resto? Found only 1 WA for resto but they are for prepatch only.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexpwns314 View Post
    Finally downed Heroic Xavius last night, looking to improve my healing.

/reports/BcpzYJqVwa1FRkjv#type=healing&source=109

Have been healing in WoW since Vanilla with Holypal, just rolled Rdruid for Legion.
    Any advise/criticism would be great xD
    Dontpetme - Dentarg US
    Great expansion to drop your Hpally

In all seriousness, you did pretty well. Solid LB uptime & good usage of sotf (17 SM casts and 12 WG casts).

Improvements/Things to watch:

-Better mushroom placement/uptime
    -Earlier use of G'hanir/Flourish (get these rolling earlier)
    -In 7-1/2 Minutes you only casted barkskin 3 times. I'd say you have more leeway to cast that more frequently and reduce overall incoming damage to tanks.

These are nitpicks, because I think for the most part you did a solid job. Keep improving

Anyone seen the tree form Xavius bug since patch?

Anyone notice that our set bonuses were changed completely? (apologies if im late to the party)

2 pieces (Restoration) : Wild Growth grants you 3000 Mastery for 7 sec.
    4 pieces (Restoration) : Each time your Rejuvenation heals a target, it has a 2% chance to jump to a new target at full duration.

Deleted
    How are people using cenarion ward in mythic +? Pre casting on tank for pulls and using on CD or saving it for periods of high tank damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    Anyone notice that our set bonuses were changed completely? (apologies if im late to the party)

2 pieces (Restoration) : Wild Growth grants you 3000 Mastery for 7 sec.
    4 pieces (Restoration) : Each time your Rejuvenation heals a target, it has a 2% chance to jump to a new target at full duration.

I can't remember the old set bonuses exactly but I am pretty sure this as a nerf comparatively. At least for the 2 piece, 4p may actually be stronger as it requires no mana investment. The old set forced a SoTF build but this change leans heavily towards cultivation/germination build. Depending on the amount of haste you have I would guess this going to add anywhere from 7%-15% more rejuvs in a fight. Also be interesting to know if the proc is a smart heal. The 4p really snowballs with the legendary ring and power of the arch druid. I feel that druids without the ring are really going to start falling behind very heavily. This also reinforces haste as a super strong stat as more ticks of rejuv means more chances at proc. I wonder if the 4p will proc off both rejuv and rejuv germination.

Also holy shit the stats on our tier is garbage only one piece has haste :l

Quote Originally Posted by Raedeon View Post
    How are people using cenarion ward in mythic +? Pre casting on tank for pulls and using on CD or saving it for periods of high tank damage?
    You probably want to save it for burst healing on the tank or a party member as it gives another hot which contributes to our mastery scaling which is quite nice when topping someone who is low. Unfortunately it would appear they have nerfed CW and you can no longer cast it in cat/bear form which is quite annoying if your trying to dps.
    Last edited by Dangerfield; 2016-10-26 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    I can't remember the old set bonuses exactly but I am pretty sure this as a nerf comparatively. At least for the 2 piece, 4p may actually be stronger as it requires no mana investment. The old set forced a SoTF build but this change leans heavily towards cultivation/germination build. Depending on the amount of haste you have I would guess this going to add anywhere from 7%-15% more rejuvs in a fight. Also be interesting to know if the proc is a smart heal. The 4p really snowballs with the legendary ring and power of the arch druid. I feel that druids without the ring are really going to start falling behind very heavily. This also reinforces haste as a super strong stat as more ticks of rejuv means more chances at proc. I wonder if the 4p will proc off both rejuv and rejuv germination.

Also holy shit the stats on our tier is garbage only one piece has haste :l
    The bolded part is what I'm really interested in. I'm not 100% sure that this is true only because of how much haste would be needed for a new tick. I honestly think the Persistence trait might play a bigger role (in combination with haste) than purely caring about haste. Back when I only had the 3 base traits of Persistence, it was something like 11.52% needed for the 9th tick. With 2 Relics for Persistence, I've dropped down to 7% and was still getting it. But I would love it if someone could make a haste breakpoint for Rejuv chart this expac.