Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is Drape of Shame the best in slot cloak for healers just because of the effect? I'm wearing 865 crit/haste right now and I've got the 855 crit/vers Drape of Shame, should I exchange my actual cloak? Pretty insecure about it (I've got 26% crit).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Is Drape of Shame the best in slot cloak for healers just because of the effect? I'm wearing 865 crit/haste right now and I've got the 855 crit/vers Drape of Shame, should I exchange my actual cloak? Pretty insecure about it (I've got 26% crit).
    Drape is BIS for healers in part because cloaks have a small stat budget - so the difference between an 855 cloak and an 890 is a relatively small amount of stats. This allows the crit effect to be equivalent to alot of ilvls.

An 855 Drape is better than any cloak up to around ilvl 900-910. 26% crit is plenty (though obviously more is better if using the drape) - put on the drape till you get a solid 910 or above

(7.1.5 stat changes may change what ilvl you should drop the Drape for something better, but it'll still be strong)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2016-12-08 at 07:04 PM.

Thank you! I got the cloak with an upgrade to 865 1 hour ago so I would've already exchanged it but it's nice to know, thanks.

We're gearing a new resto as our m+ healer (strictly m+, no raid) and since he was playing fire mage previously, he's very stubborn about stats on gear - he had 840 mastery/haste gloves, got 860 versa/crit gloves and went "these are shit", however I made him equip them anyway since it's a 20 ilv increase even if those are the "worst" stats. On the other hand I play bear so for me practically any ilv upgrade is an upgrade.
    I'm wondering where is the "breakpoint" where you should equip higher ilv for the int over optimal stats? +10 ilv,+15 ?

If its purely mythic+, i would say you could sacrifice 5-10 ilvls of a non jewelry piece but only if you are going from a non-mastery item to a mastery item. In an only mythic+ scenario and in terms of pure healing only: mastery >haste>=int>crit>vers - (go for crit/haste if he wants to maximize his damage in mythic+ instead)

hello, iam gearing my alt resto druid at the moment and i have a question. why Mark of the Ancient Priestess neck enchant is not mentioned anywhere? is it really that bad?
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Demonidze View Post
    hello, iam gearing my alt resto druid at the moment and i have a question. why Mark of the Ancient Priestess neck enchant is not mentioned anywhere? is it really that bad?
    simple answer: yes
    Long answer : yes >.>

It just doesnt heal for very much is unreliable and dont even know if it scales in any way with gear.

In 7.1.5 Neck enchants will partly change and new ones will come. If i remember correctly this entchant will get buffed. But since it is ~a month away or something like that the above answer stands for quite some time and we dont really know yet if it will be a viable choice come 7.1.5.

20 ilvl worth of intellect is better than any disparity in stats; mastery is the best thing for five mans but the scale factors aren't so far apart that you need to go crazy (not like they are with crit for fire mage for example)

Thank you both, got him wearing 20 ilv increases and Drape of Shame, mastery seems a bit low now though (14%).

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Can anyone help me figure something out? Almost feels like it's staring me in the face, but...horse-blinders sometimes:

What causes such a huge "Avg Cast" difference? Better Flourish/G'hanir usage?
    The druid on the right has a Tearstone, which provides an expected 25 Rejuvenations on that fight, but it could easily be more if they happened to be lucky. That potentially explains most of the difference. The rest of it could just be difference in luck with Power of the Archdruid procs along with the fact that they had more WG casts. Or it's a skill thing and they're a bit better at casting while moving and such.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

yeah and as far as nighthold for drape of shame, just check your amount of healing coming from crits in logs and add 5% to that

in general though if you want to guess it out, it's basically 1.8-2.2% of your total int versus whatever stat loss you may be facing (maybe up to 2.5-3% if you have a lot of crit)

and I guess it also slightly increases the gain of crit versus vers (and other stats too) by a little bit at that point

What kind of relics do people prefer in mythic plus?

I'm only 867 but I'm starting to venture into +10's so are there any resto specific tips anyone can offer?

Stats... I'm currently Crit: 18% Haste: 14% Mastery: 19%
    I'm gemming Mastery and using Mastery food. Is that wrong since my stats are imbalanced? (I'm not raiding at all btw).

Lastly, because I haven't done a single raid in Legion, I haven't really used Flourish yet. I think I'll have a hard time giving up Stokebark for Mythic +. Is Flourish really that useful in Dungeons? Where and when do you use it? I know it's coupled with WG and potentially the Staff but in what situations do you need HoTs to last that long? In my experience the dmg is more bursty.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post

I'm only 867 but I'm starting to venture into +10's so are there any resto specific tips anyone can offer?

Stats... I'm currently Crit: 18% Haste: 14% Mastery: 19%
    I'm gemming Mastery and using Mastery food. Is that wrong since my stats are imbalanced? (I'm not raiding at all btw).

Lastly, because I haven't done a single raid in Legion, I haven't really used Flourish yet. I think I'll have a hard time giving up Stokebark for Mythic +. Is Flourish really that useful in Dungeons? Where and when do you use it? I know it's coupled with WG and potentially the Staff but in what situations do you need HoTs to last that long? In my experience the dmg is more bursty.

Thanks in advance.
    For mythic+, it's typically a safe bet to go with ilvl for relics. The difference is too small to matter. However, if the ilvl is the same, Grovewalker, Persistence, and possibly efflo are the better ones.

Flourish is useful for certain instances like the scorpion pack in NL, or the last boss in CoS, typically instances with alot of aoe dmg. Tyrannical EoA on the last boss is also another place where Flourish comes in handy.

Hope this helps.

I pretty much like Relics that give Swiftmend the +10% bonus. Burst healing is the only situation were we have issues, that's why I really like those Relics (and I've got the legendary wrists for Swiftmend). My Swiftmend (+50% healing got 2 relics with the +10% bonus) now is around 400-430k hits. With Lifebloom, Reju, Germ and Regrowth on the target my Swiftmend heals for ~ 580k normal hits.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2016-12-21 at 05:50 PM.

Same as for raiding: whatever has the highest item level.

You can use it to extend Cenarion Ward. You can also use it to extend Wild Growth to keep it at strong ticks longer, even if it means overwriting the last few ticks of it. Other than that, it's a bit underwhelming in five man groups. The spell needs a dozen or so people to really shine, ideally ipaired with Cultivation and Spring Blossoms for maximum extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I pretty much like Relics that give Swiftmend the +10% bonus.
    Seconded. It's quite nice, and you're going to notice +10% emergency healing more than you'll notice +X% to whatever. It's obviously underwhelming for HPS, but it's great for actually keeping people alive.

Quick question about trinket.
    Is there any BiS trinket at the moment ?
    I have a bunch and I'm not 100% sure which one to use. I have favorites of course, but I might be wrong.

Trinket I got :
    855 Darkmoon Promise
    855 Chrono Shard
    860 Fluctuating Energy
    865 Vial of Nightmare Fog
    870 Naglfar Fare
    870 Brinewater Slime in a Bottle (Versatility)
    875 Ethereal Urn
    885 Cocoon of Enforced Solitude
    885 Concave Reflecting Lense

So, I got most of them, except the Bottled Hurricane which I only ever got 840, and the trinket from Maiden in Karazhan. Also never had the Ursoc one yet.
    Which trinket from here should I really use constently for Mythic raid and for Mythic keystone. Is there any one I should use my roll on to get higher ilvl ?

Thanks, it'll be really appreciated.
    Last edited by purelife06; 2016-12-23 at 11:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And there goes our 4p...again.

At least this time, it's not nerfed by AS much, so it's still usable.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-12-23 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purelife06 View Post
    Vial of Nightmare Fog is awesome for everything and the Darkmoon trinket is good. Other than that, just use whatever stat stick gives you the most stats. Item level is going to matter more than anything else, aside from gimp trinkets like Horn and Cocoon.

Quote Originally Posted by purelife06 View Post
    Quick question about trinket.
    I have a bunch and I'm not 100% sure which one to use. I have favorites of course, but I might be wrong.

Thanks, it'll be really appreciated.
    Use Urn + brinewater, stat sticks are our bis trinkets.

Deleted
    Anyone tested the 4 piece before and after? Was it too good? Do you still want it asap?
    Is there an active blog or smg about theorycrafting these stuff? the blogs I used to read are quite inactive nowadays.