Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mogra View Post
    What are the 4 pieces from nighthold that you guys are going to use? chest, gloves, shoulder, cloak?
    TBH, Legs should likely be in that now. The stats were swapped around. But, honestly, depends on your currently equipped. Stat weights change based on what you have.

http://www.wowhead.com/secondary-sta...in-patch-7-1-5

Scroll down to see what pieces got swapped.

Quick question - I am trying to find out where people feel Velen's Future Sight falls into the legendary ranking for M+ and raiding. I couldn't find a post, but I might have missed it.

Thanks in advance,

I feel future sight is influenced heavily by how powerful your other available trinkets are, but I'd still say pretty high most the time as using it in combination with other cds like g'hanir or tranq will have very large effects

I'd say it's better than most of them other than the tearstone and sephuz/aman'thuls (although sephuz and amanthuls aren't usable on nearly every fight and the fights where aman'thuls is good tend to be fights that aren't that hard in general too)

I'd rate it above swiftmend bracers, tranq boots, prydaz and lifebloom belt though

and imo ekkowraith is in a really bad spot still since the think hide nerf, even with the new buff

and I really don't know what to think of the new gloves, I guess there might be some raid fight or high single target damage M+ ability to use em for, but they seem kind of niche, even if they do accomplish a LOT of theoretical single target healing over 12 seconds
    Last edited by ryklin; 2017-01-11 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mogra View Post
    What are the 4 pieces from nighthold that you guys are going to use? chest, gloves, shoulder, cloak?
    Whatever drops first. By the time I actually have any choice, it probably doesn't matter anymore. The 4p is good enough that I'm not going to risk being stuck without it just because I passed on the "wrong" token and then didn't get all the ones I wanted. Titanforging also throws all attempts at planning out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergs View Post
    Quick question - I am trying to find out where people feel Velen's Future Sight falls into the legendary ranking for M+ and raiding. I couldn't find a post, but I might have missed it.
    In both cases it looks good but not BiS, but I haven't seen or done any serious math on it. Like the boots, it's probably going to vary from fight to fight how much you get out of it. Like the boots, it might be a bit underwhelming overall but BiS on some fights.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Whatever drops first. By the time I actually have any choice, it probably doesn't matter anymore. The 4p is good enough that I'm not going to risk being stuck without it just because I passed on the "wrong" token and then didn't get all the ones I wanted. Titanforging also throws all attempts at planning out the window.

In both cases it looks good but not BiS, but I haven't seen or done any serious math on it. Like the boots, it's probably going to vary from fight to fight how much you get out of it. Like the boots, it might be a bit underwhelming overall but BiS on some fights.
    What makes you think our 4 piece is so strong? It's actually a pretty weak 4 piece that maths out to only being about a 1.5% throughput increase, and probably less than that, when you factor that Rejuvs jumping to random targets have a high propensity for overheal. We should probably be the absolute last healer to get our 4 piece. Our 2 piece is actually quite a bit stronger than the 4 piece, as it's worth as much as ~+2500 mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    What makes you think our 4 piece is so strong? It's actually a pretty weak 4 piece that maths out to only being about a 1.5% throughput increase, and probably less than that, when you factor that Rejuvs jumping to random targets have a high propensity for overheal. We should probably be the absolute last healer to get our 4 piece. Our 2 piece is actually quite a bit stronger than the 4 piece, as it's worth as much as ~+2500 mastery.
    Idk how you got 1.5%, but that's very wrong. At 9 ticks, it's a 15.6% increase on Rejuv alone. Factoring in your mastery because there'll be more hots out, Dreamwalker because more rejuvs out, Cultivation becayse more rejuvs, getting free rejuvs with PotA, and rejuvs proccing from your rejuv procs, it's much higher than 1.5% (unless only 10% of your healing is rejuv, then you're just playing the class wrong). And on top of that, the jumping is a smart heal.

Edit: (technically, the 15.6% is already taking into account proccing from procs, but w/e. it's 13.5% prior to that)
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2017-01-12 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    What makes you think our 4 piece is so strong? It's actually a pretty weak 4 piece that maths out to only being about a 1.5% throughput increase...
    That sounds like a low estimate. Does it take into account that copied Rejuvenations can be copied again? And the increase in Cultivation/Dreamwalker healing from having more Rejuvenations out? Together they should be ~40% of your healing. The set bonus is a ~15% increase to that, so a ~6% healing increase overall. Then you get slightly more benefit from mastery on top of that from having more HoTs out, and of course you can extend the extra Rejuvenations and Cultivations with Flourish for even more value. All combined that's pretty nice, considering that the two piece bonus is also good, so it's not four slots just for some extra Rejuvenations.

Recent healer trinket buffs: any insight?

Cake still looks extremely niche. Can't quite figure out when to use it, as it's a very long cooldown for what is still a relatively weak effect. If you can line it up with something, it could be awesome. Right now it's mostly useful for kill pics.

The map was pretty good already, so no real change there. The fact that it's three separate procs makes it much more reliable than Heightened Senses and others, and static intellect is always nice.

Haven't had a chance to play with the mirror yet, so can't comment on whether it's viable at all.

Played with mirror for one fight yesterday, was still around 2% of my healing.

If anyone got better results feel free to share, I personally wouldn't use that trinket and stick with stats sticks/map.

one of our rdruids got pretty good use out of the cake last night in heroic

any time a reasonable number of people are relatively stacked and damage is coming out you can fully utilize it, and that's the case on pretty much every NH fight

875 Mirror on my 887 resto (eqiupped) has been about 4-5% of my healing in both mythic plus and raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    875 Mirror on my 887 resto (eqiupped) has been about 4-5% of my healing in both mythic plus and raids.
    Yeah, but what about all that healing you are losing over having a map, for instance? Geniue question.

Deleted
    Mirror is really situational and its performance could vary, so saying "4-5% of my healing in both mythic plus and raids" sounds a bit misleading. Which encounters? surely it doesn't pull the same numbers on every fight?

Cake looks good now honestly. I would mess around with a 900+ instead of my 880 statsticks I think. You can use it pretty reliably.

I don't have the map but my MW guildmate said it has a 15% uptime for him? Not sure how it applies for druid but I'm kinda disappointed with 15%. Around 900 ilvl it should be worth though.
    Last edited by mmoc5e9c51b114; 2017-01-28 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hei Bai View Post
    I don't have the map but my MW guildmate said it has a 15% uptime for him? Not sure how it applies for druid but I'm kinda disappointed with 15%. Around 900 ilvl it should be worth though.
    10-15% uptime for each of the three stat buffs, which proc independently of each other. You can estimate it as having 30-45% uptime of a random stat.

Whelp my third Resto legendary is the shoulders, after having Prydaz and the belt for several months. As I'm looking at our logs for Nighthold, my LB is anywhere from 50 to 75% overheal (we run paladin, holy priest, monk, druid for healing, with a shaman on switch for some fights). Think it's worth using the shoulders for whatever use I can get out of them over the belt? I do have the 4pc but I don't think it'd work with the shoulder effect since it's not a hard cast from the player, right? Does it work with rejuvs gained from PotA? I also haven't upgraded my belt yet, so that's still 910 where these are 940. So I dunno, maybe worth using if I get another tier to keep 4pc? Maybe they'll get buffed in 7.2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariDiscoLion View Post
    Whelp my third Resto legendary is the shoulders, after having Prydaz and the belt for several months. As I'm looking at our logs for Nighthold, my LB is anywhere from 50 to 75% overheal (we run paladin, holy priest, monk, druid for healing, with a shaman on switch for some fights). Think it's worth using the shoulders for whatever use I can get out of them over the belt? I do have the 4pc but I don't think it'd work with the shoulder effect since it's not a hard cast from the player, right? Does it work with rejuvs gained from PotA? I also haven't upgraded my belt yet, so that's still 910 where these are 940. So I dunno, maybe worth using if I get another tier to keep 4pc? Maybe they'll get buffed in 7.2? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The only reason to use the shoulders would be for stats. The effect on it is garbage.

895 cloak to make 2pc or stay with drape of shame?

Once I get some other pieces probably go back to drape, but just curious on your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    895 cloak to make 2pc or stay with drape of shame?

Once I get some other pieces probably go back to drape, but just curious on your thoughts.
    Would be easier to answer if you told what ilev the DoS is.
    If it's base one, you should go for 2 pc for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    Would be easier to answer if you told what ilev the DoS is.
    If it's base one, you should go for 2 pc for sure.
    Just an 855!

Once I get 4pc with the other pieces, should I aim to get the drape of shame back on? I just read that even a 855 drape of shame was equivalent to a 910 cloak or so.