Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cacahuete View Post
    Hello I've serious problem with my mana and my rank. I tested many talents, different playstyle, etc..

Example of logs: http://bit.ly/2l8VeTh

Do you have suggestions ?
    You're not using your cooldowns enough. You only used your artifact ability four times in 17 attempts. The same goes for Flourish; use it with Wild Growth any time it's up. You only used Innervate twice - use it to conserve mana rather than saving it for when you're already out of mana. You should be getting 3-4 innervates off on that fight. You could also be using Ironbark and Barkskin more; there's a lot of predictable damage on that fight.

You're also not using Swiftmend enough; it's cheaper than Regrowth and heals for more, so only cast Regrowth when Swiftmend is on cooldown. This will help with both mana and HPS.

Lifebloom uptime could be better. More clearcasting procs should help with mana. But this is pretty minor. Focus on cooldown use.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    T20 set bonuses:

T20 Resto Druid 2pc is Swiftmend has up to 40% reduced cooldown based on the current health of your target. More reduced cooldown when used on a lower health target.
    T20 Resto Druid 4pc is Swiftmend increases your Efflorescence healing by 300% for 8 seconds.

Thoughts? Seems that Prosperity will be the new go to talent over Cenarion ward.

I just got an 890 Parasitic Spore and I'm struggling with whether or not to equip it. I currently have an 875 Bioluminescent Mushroom and an 880 Shaladrassil's Blossom... I really don't want to lose the regen from the shroom but that's such a huge iLevel upgrade, but then I think well I cast Regrowth more than SM so maybe I'd replace the blossom? Or maybe I'll pop it into my Scythe, but I was going for starfall build. Ugh what a terrible warforge.

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    T20 set bonuses:

T20 Resto Druid 2pc is Swiftmend has up to 40% reduced cooldown based on the current health of your target. More reduced cooldown when used on a lower health target.
    T20 Resto Druid 4pc is Swiftmend increases your Efflorescence healing by 300% for 8 seconds.

Thoughts? Seems that Prosperity will be the new go to talent over Cenarion ward.
    I can't see that happening. Taking Prosperity is only going to give you 2-3 extra Swiftmend casts on an 8 minute fight which is a very poor tradeoff for losing CW altogether. You wouldn't want to lose 5-7% of your total healing for those 2-3 Swiftmend casts.

Let's assume Efflo is 7% of your total healing done and map out the value of the 4 piece. If you have 100% Efflo uptime.

30 second Swiftmend CD - buff is up for 8/30 seconds = 26.7% buff uptime = an average of +80% Efflo healing = +5.6% total healing
    27 second Swiftmend CD - buff is up for 8/27 seconds = 29.6% buff uptime = average of +88.4% Efflo healing = +6.2% total healing

You're only gaining 0.6% healing done from the Prosperity - 4 piece synergy, which is an absolutely horrible tradeoff for giving away 5-7% of your output. Sure, it gives you a touch more flexibility, but that is still garbage. The point will still stand that the only way Prosperity is worth even considering is if you are using SoTF for some reason.

The 4 piece is reasonably strong, but the 2 piece is pretty god awful. Sure, it gives you more of a Swiftmend CD reduction, but in practical use, you are probably going to have to sit on Swiftmend more often (waiting for a perfect low health target to use it on) to take good advantage of that. In doing so, you're losing at least some of the CD reduction by not using it closer to every 30 seconds. The set bonus basically compensates us for the total usage lost by sitting on Swiftmend while it's on CD to use it as more of an emergency heal.

The two huge problems with that are
    (1) The 2 piece actually has negative synergy with the 4 piece. To make the most of the 2 piece, you're going to want to time perfect Swiftmend uses. To make the most of the 4 piece, you want to cast Swiftmend as close to on CD as possible. One contradicts the other, which is kind of silly.
    (2) If you're going to sit there and wait for someone to take a hit from something and dip to 20% HP, unless the damage is predictable and they already have HoT coverage, you're going to lose Swiftmend healing using it on that target vs a target that has at least a couple of HoT effects on it to boost mastery.

All in all, I really hope they rework the 2 piece because it's kind of a nonsensical design right now.

Deleted
    I have to somewhat disagree with your way of thinking about the 2p/4p interaction. The CD of Swiftmend gets reduced or stays the same, depending on whether you cast it on a low health target or on someone at 100%. That means that, unless you know there will be a big damage hit within the next few seconds you will not want to hold it back for the CD reduction anyway.

I don't think the 2p will be a gigantic healing increase, but it will help the 4p and SotF (maybe that is going to be good aigain, who knows).

I think CW will still be the way to go. It just heals for too much to give it up. Maybe if Prosperity gave you an extra Swiftmend every 30 seconds, but it won't. Prosperity might be excellent on some fights that require bursts of spot healing, but I don't see it becoming the go-to talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    I don't think the 2p will be a gigantic healing increase, but it will help the 4p and SotF (maybe that is going to be good aigain, who knows).
    I think this might make SotF worse actually, as the new set bonus punishes you (sort of) for using SotF on high health targets, while SotF favors casting Swiftmend on cooldown even if there's no good target for it. You'd still want to line up SotF with Wild Growth, so unless you can reliably cut ten seconds off the cooldown, you're not getting any extra healing. It'll really only work out when there are plenty of people at very low health, but those are exactly the times when Cultivation really shines.

I think SotF will still be more or less dead as a talent. Cultivation is just too good and having to use Swiftmend on cooldown is still too big of a handicap.

Deleted
    I didn't want to argue against that. I wanted to argue against the idea that the 2p negatively interacts with the 4p. If the mechanic was that SM would be healing more on lower targets I would agree, but any bonus that reduces the cooldown can only positively interact with 4p/SotF type of mechanics. That SotF will probably be still to weak and to limiting in play style is another question.

10+ Year Old Account
    I main a guardian (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced) and right now on some raids due to lack of healers I am forced to heal. My question is what items (beside the obvious tanking ones) should I swap to gain bit more viability in raids, been told that my gear is fine for 5-mans but lacks for raids. Any and all suggestion would be more then welcome.
    I guess for healing haste is the king and crit is good? As I don't have that much of either then I should seek pieces with those stats mainly or can I get away with less item replacements?

You lack haste, and of course too much versatility. Try to get to 18% haste at least, more if it feels too slow for you. Rest devide evenly on the other stats.

Your talent choices are for 5man i guess. Read the guide for talent choices. Just one thing: under normal circumstances never ever specc MoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    You're not using your cooldowns enough. You only used your artifact ability four times in 17 attempts. The same goes for Flourish; use it with Wild Growth any time it's up. You only used Innervate twice - use it to conserve mana rather than saving it for when you're already out of mana. You should be getting 3-4 innervates off on that fight. You could also be using Ironbark and Barkskin more; there's a lot of predictable damage on that fight.

You're also not using Swiftmend enough; it's cheaper than Regrowth and heals for more, so only cast Regrowth when Swiftmend is on cooldown. This will help with both mana and HPS.

Lifebloom uptime could be better. More clearcasting procs should help with mana. But this is pretty minor. Focus on cooldown use.
    Thanks for your all tips ! I'll apply this on the next raid !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    You lack haste, and of course too much versatility. Try to get to 18% haste at least, more if it feels too slow for you. Rest devide evenly on the other stats.

Your talent choices are for 5man i guess. Read the guide for talent choices. Just one thing: under normal circumstances never ever specc MoC.
    So, basically... all of the gear :/ or can and should I keep my tier bonuses regardless of stats are on those? Thanks for pointing the talent part out, not sure how I missed the last one... Did set up the rest per IV recommendation (I hope ).

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    So, basically... all of the gear :/ or can and should I keep my tier bonuses regardless of stats are on those? Thanks for pointing the talent part out, not sure how I missed the last one... Did set up the rest per IV recommendation (I hope ).
    Optimum would require a lot of changes, but would keep 4pc. It's quite good for restos. If it's enough to be good, just try to get to some more haste and stay with relativly high vers (and of course 4pc). It won't be such a great differrence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    If it's enough to be good, just try to get to some more haste and stay with relativly high vers (and of course 4pc). It won't be such a great differrence.
    I just want to contribute something for the group, specially when other healers are not so well geared/good enough on alt runs. Thanks for the advice.

I made a small addon for tracking the amount of mana saved by Darkmoon Deck: Promises trinket.
    I hope it will help someone.
    https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/26...romisescounter

Quote Originally Posted by Ogion View Post
    I made a small addon for tracking the amount of mana saved by Darkmoon Deck: Promises trinket.
    I test it out if i "have" to heal in the next raid. It will help me determine if its even worse using. Since its on a low ilvl.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogion View Post
    Looks good, but can we get some options ingame for it? Like only to show when we have the trinket equipped? Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Looks good, but can we get some options ingame for it? Like only to show when we have the trinket equipped? Thanks though.
    Done. You should be able to do this now via context menu.

What are you all using for stat weights lately (for raiding, not mythic+)? I'm not able to find a consensus. AMR seems totally screwy and I asked on another forum and have received some surprising info where crit>mastery>haste. I was also given a spreadsheet from a dischord which seems to support that strat, which means my current gearing strat is total garbage and I'm like o.O.

That sounds odd. Is it HPM numbers circulating as stat weights again?

Has a consensus on neck enchants been reached yet? I saw that Icy Veins has switched the recommendation to Ancient Priestess but I hardly see any healers running around with that one.

I used to switch a lot between Resto and Boomkin depending on our raid setup so I went with Trained Soldier for a kind of middle ground enchant since I'm using Prydaz with both specs. With the recent buff to Ancient Priestess (and me being "promoted" to main healer) would it be worth switching to Priestess?

Edit: Also +1 to the confusion about stat weights mentioned before. You ask 5 people and get 3 different answers, it's confusing. I'm running with Haste > Crit = Mastery > Vers weights for raiding at the moment (while trying to maintain reasonably small differences between the stats) but I'm not sure if that's still accurate.
    Last edited by wickedsymphony; 2017-02-23 at 01:22 PM.