Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Abundance just became a thing. Also MoC.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Abundance just became a thing. Also MoC.
    Did MoC only become a thing due to Abundance becoming more viable? Or am I missing something/misread something?

10+ Year Old Account
    What are everyone's thoughts on the tier set changes? And how much do you suppose this might alter our talent choices going forward?

Before these changes, it was pretty clear that with Prosperity/SotF/etc. was the way to go; do you think this'll still be the case if there are no more changes to the set bonuses?

I'm not sure how I feel about the 2P increasing Mastery - doesn't really feel right for a tier set from a raid, where Mastery doesn't seem to be as favourable as Haste or Crit as far as I am aware.
    Last edited by Teramelle; 2016-09-14 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Did MoC only become a thing due to Abundance becoming more viable? Or am I missing something/misread something?
    Regrowth and HT just became stronger as a general healing tool (tank healing got off-set by LS nerfs), with abundance you have massive Crits and quick/cheap HTs, with MoC you have a tool to save mana on a more raid healing friendly Regrowth.

They pair nicely. But you could obviously use one without the other depending on your needs.

Have to see the final changes, word is all our HoTs may be nerfed in the actual tool-tips on the PTR relative to live (but not on the current notes), which would drive us even more into these style builds as an option.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2016-09-14 at 10:52 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Aren't these 7,1 datamined changes, which are pretty far away from now? Or is this upcomming pre-raid hotfix?
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torty View Post
    Aren't these 7,1 datamined changes, which are pretty far away from now? Or is this upcomming pre-raid hotfix?
    Yes, they're datamined changes, but they're not a long way away - a matter of months, maybe. But it's nice to have a discussion on them now and prepare for the future, I think; whilst PTR datamined changes are not always reliable, many of them do make it into the live game, so I think it's worth considering them all for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    SO, does anyone happen to have the Haste/Tick rate chart from WoD still? Haste breakpoints might be a thing again for rejuv with that set bonus, assuming it doesn't change of course.

Our tier set before this change was imbalanced. Not terribly surprising that the set is being changed. Things to keep in mind about the new tier sets:
    1) You will not cast wild growth more than usual to make use of the mastery buff. WG still costs a lot of mana and this change essentially gives us a mini buff when we cast it. I will pretend the 2 pc does not exist in my gameplay.
    2) You won't be rejuv spamming to make use of a 2% chance to make more rejuvs that will more than likely be overhealing.

This does open up viable builds talent wise, as a SOTF build no longer has a huge buff from the tier bonus. The different builds are now significantly more balanced. With this in mind, germination will not be viable in a raid situation as we are too gcd restricted. Moment of Clarity proc chance is based off of lifebloom ticks, not rejuv.

In a raid, Spring Blossoms will win out in the lv90 tier and Flourish will still win out for lv 100. Our LV 15 and 75 tiers are now more variable and imo it is not clear which will be the 'best'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomali View Post
    Our tier set before this change was imbalanced. Not terribly surprising that the set is being changed. Things to keep in mind about the new tier sets:
    1) You will not cast wild growth more than usual to make use of the mastery buff. WG still costs a lot of mana and this change essentially gives us a mini buff when we cast it. I will pretend the 2 pc does not exist in my gameplay.
    2) You won't be rejuv spamming to make use of a 2% chance to make more rejuvs that will more than likely be overhealing.

This does open up viable builds talent wise, as a SOTF build no longer has a huge buff from the tier bonus. The different builds are now significantly more balanced. With this in mind, germination will not be viable in a raid situation as we are too gcd restricted. Moment of Clarity proc chance is based off of lifebloom ticks, not rejuv.

In a raid, Spring Blossoms will win out in the lv90 tier and Flourish will still win out for lv 100. Our LV 15 and 75 tiers are now more variable and imo it is not clear which will be the 'best'.
    The point of MoC though was that it benefits heavily from Abundance, which will be a tad more powerful with the 4p because there will be a few more rejuvs out for longer.

Plus I was only mentioning Germination because the set bonus will likely be allowed to interact with it, so that if a rejuv bounces onto a target with rejuv already applied, it will turn into Germination, similar to how they finally fixed Power of the Archdruid. Aside from being able to have more Rejuvs out of course. But I do see what you mean by GCD restricted.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-09-14 at 11:26 PM.

The point of MoC though was that it benefits heavily from Abundance, which will be a tad more powerful with the 4p because there will be a few more rejuvs out for longer.
    I'm not giving up flourish for 3 guaranteed regrowth crits that happen randomly over the course of a fight. You baseline have a 75% crit chance on regrowth with 15% crit (easily attainable right now). That means odds are in favor of 2/3 regrowths to crit anyways. If you have rejuvs on both of the tanks and one other person you will always crit with abundance. The 4pc is moot for this talent but the change 'nerfs' propensity.

Abundance is now viable for increased efficiency in spot healing due to fast healing touches and has no relation to regrowth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not giving up flourish for 3 guaranteed regrowth crits that happen randomly over the course of a fight. You baseline have a 75% crit chance on regrowth with 15% crit (easily attainable right now). That means odds are in favor of 2/3 regrowths to crit anyways. If you have rejuvs on both of the tanks and one other person you will always crit with abundance. The 4pc is moot for this talent but the change 'nerfs' propensity.

Abundance is now viable for increased efficiency in spot healing due to fast healing touches and has no relation to regrowth.
    Last I checked, Abundance increased the crit chance on Regrowth by 10% per rejuv, so it is indeed related.

And the only purpose of MoC is that it makes regrowth much more efficient in the hpm department, so it's an efficiency talent. Not trying to argue for throughput. Never was and never will.

EDIT: Also, looks like the % crit on regrowth was nerfed down to 40% from 60%.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-09-14 at 11:43 PM.

And the only purpose of MoC is that it makes regrowth much more efficient in the hpm department, so it's an efficiency talent.
    Let's compare the efficiency of MoC and Flourish assuming no haste, and no overheal:

At a 4% chance to proc from lifebloom and 100% uptime (so one sec=one tick), you will average about 7 OoC procs per 3 minute fight. Taking the MoC talent will give you two additional regrowths for free. This will net you 14 casts of [214% SP*(1.4x crit multiplier) + 54% SP hot] to net you 4950%SP at the cost of 14 GCDs.

Flourishing for +6 seconds of HoTs assuming you have wild growth, 5 rejuvs, and lifebloom up will net you:
    5 rejuvs @ ratio of 6/15sec and 300% SP= 600% SP
    1 wild growth @ ratio of 6/7sec for [6 targets*238% SP]= 1224% SP *note: unsure if 6/7 works as a ratio with how WG healing drops off on the target over time*
    lifebloom @ ratio of 6/15sec and 375% SP= 150% SP
    Each flourish will net you 1974% SP in healing for a total of 3948% SP over the course of a 3 minute fight at the cost of 2 GCDs.

So yes, assuming no overheal, MoC is about 25% better than flourish on the free healing you receive. However, it is at the cost of 12 additional GCDs. If 4 instant cast regrowths or 2 total MoC procs are wasted into overheal, flourish wins out (3948% vs 3535%). Wild growth is now smart so it will not likely overheal and the overheal from rejuvs during flourish would be hopefully offset by the extra GCDs you gain from using flourish.

I think in almost all situations Flourish will beat out Moment of Clarity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's compare the efficiency of MoC and Flourish assuming no haste, and no overheal:

At a 4% chance to proc from lifebloom and 100% uptime (so one sec=one tick), you will average about 7 OoC procs per 3 minute fight. Taking the MoC talent will give you two additional regrowths for free. This will net you 14 casts of [214% SP*(1.4x crit multiplier) + 54% SP hot] to net you 4950%SP at the cost of 14 GCDs.

Flourishing for +6 seconds of HoTs assuming you have wild growth, 5 rejuvs, and lifebloom up will net you:
    5 rejuvs @ ratio of 6/15sec and 300% SP= 600% SP
    1 wild growth @ ratio of 6/7sec for [6 targets*238% SP]= 1224% SP *note: unsure if 6/7 works as a ratio with how WG healing drops off on the target over time*
    lifebloom @ ratio of 6/15sec and 375% SP= 150% SP
    Each flourish will net you 1974% SP in healing for a total of 3948% SP over the course of a 3 minute fight at the cost of 2 GCDs.

So yes, assuming no overheal, MoC is about 25% better than flourish on the free healing you receive. However, it is at the cost of 12 additional GCDs. If 4 instant cast regrowths or 2 total MoC procs are wasted into overheal, flourish wins out (3948% vs 3535%). Wild growth is now smart so it will not likely overheal and the overheal from rejuvs during flourish would be hopefully offset by the extra GCDs you gain from using flourish.

I think in almost all situations Flourish will beat out Moment of Clarity.
    First off, you didn't take into consideration Abundance bonus crit chance, which was the entire purpose of this.

Secondly, you missed Living Seed (which was nerfed to 25% +8% per trait, down from 50% +10% per trait) and the Regrowth buff to 350% SP (even if it supposedly only a tooltip update).

Thirdly, I wasn't trying to say MoC was more HPM than Flourish (which you did technically prove, more GCDs or not). I was saying that the main purpose of the talent was to make Regrowth more HPM efficient than it was before.

Fourth, (and I doubt it really matters) you didn't count the other GCDs needed for Flourish with the other hots. Which, with your own numbers, 14 GCDs over 3 mins.

EDIT: Might as well also add the 6 GCDs to the MoC count for the rejuvs needed for 100% crit (but personally, I'd only need 3 rejuvs since I have 30% crit chance right now).
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2016-09-15 at 01:47 AM.

Secondly, you missed Living Seed (which was nerfed to 25% +8% per trait, down from 50% +10% per trait) and the Regrowth buff to 350% SP (even if it supposedly only a tooltip update).
    Definitely not a tooltip update, its currently at around 215% SP, 350% SP is most certainly a buff.

Hey guys, I'm wondering if there is a trinket BiS list for raids or mythic+ anywhere? What are people aiming to get, and whats best for our dps in mythic+ or fast heroic dungeons

Quick question, which neck enchant is everyone running?

Icy is saying Trained Soldier, which doesn't make sense due to the lower weighting of Mastery for raids in this expansion. Ancient Priestess just seems underwhelming to me but I may not be giving it enough credit. Seems like Claw is the best choice?

Just looking for some confirmation. Thanks, and I appreciate the guide

Quote Originally Posted by Fellifel View Post
    Quick question, which neck enchant is everyone running?

Icy is saying Trained Soldier, which doesn't make sense due to the lower weighting of Mastery for raids in this expansion. Ancient Priestess just seems underwhelming to me but I may not be giving it enough credit. Seems like Claw is the best choice?

Just looking for some confirmation. Thanks, and I appreciate the guide
    Claw averages 137ish crit+haste overall based on the proc chance
    Priestess supposedly adds ~1061 hps
    Soldier gives +300 mastery static

Soldier is best for 5mans and is decent for raids, but it's hard to say right now whether Priestess will be good for raids. They are all pretty meh considering the mats needed for the enchant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if Mark of the Claw is proccing from heals again? It had been for a little while on beta, but then they broke it mid July.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enchanted my neck with it the other day, not actually healed since but today I went out and did and it didn't proc (granted I literally hotted myself while engaging a bear) but as soon as I moonfired it procced. Several sites indicate it no longer procs off heals, so I'll assume thats the case.

Could someone post stat weights (most notably between Crit/Mastery) for Tank/Dungeon Healing vs Raid Healing? Curious how close together Crit and Mastery actually are.

Also, what would you guys say our best Neck enchants are (in order)? I'm using Priestess atm only because it was the cheapest...
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.