Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsymphony View Post
    Has a consensus on neck enchants been reached yet? I saw that Icy Veins has switched the recommendation to Ancient Priestess but I hardly see any healers running around with that one.

I used to switch a lot between Resto and Boomkin depending on our raid setup so I went with Trained Soldier for a kind of middle ground enchant since I'm using Prydaz with both specs. With the recent buff to Ancient Priestess (and me being "promoted" to main healer) would it be worth switching to Priestess?

Edit: Also +1 to the confusion about stat weights mentioned before. You ask 5 people and get 3 different answers, it's confusing. I'm running with Haste > Crit = Mastery > Vers weights for raiding at the moment (while trying to maintain reasonably small differences between the stats) but I'm not sure if that's still accurate.
    Enchant:
    While Priestress offers the highest throughput, trained soldier offers more control, while only being slightly less powerful. Mark of Claw is less powerful than both others as long as you have not much time dpsing. If you have a lot of free time dpsing, Claw proccs more often and offers stats that help you healing AND dpsing.

Statweights:
    While you can offer a rule of thumb, statweights depend a lot on circumstances, like raidsize, encounter, playstyle etc.
    Rule of thumb from english discord for raids: Haste til your comfortable with your casting speed, rest evenly split among the other stats.

I've gotten so many good trinkets over the last few weeks, is there a site where I can lookup how good those are (including m+ trinkets up to 900)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I've gotten so many good trinkets over the last few weeks, is there a site where I can lookup how good those are (including m+ trinkets up to 900)?
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...uVVHQY3LM/edit

Thanks but the linked "tortys twig it spreadsheet" to calculate different itemlevels doesn't seem to work anymore.

Thanks! Now those trinkets are so close to each other that I still don't know what's best, I guess it doesn't matter then.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsymphony View Post
    Has a consensus on neck enchants been reached yet? I saw that Icy Veins has switched the recommendation to Ancient Priestess but I hardly see any healers running around with that one.

I used to switch a lot between Resto and Boomkin depending on our raid setup so I went with Trained Soldier for a kind of middle ground enchant since I'm using Prydaz with both specs. With the recent buff to Ancient Priestess (and me being "promoted" to main healer) would it be worth switching to Priestess?

Edit: Also +1 to the confusion about stat weights mentioned before. You ask 5 people and get 3 different answers, it's confusing. I'm running with Haste > Crit = Mastery > Vers weights for raiding at the moment (while trying to maintain reasonably small differences between the stats) but I'm not sure if that's still accurate.
    So, in response to the stat weights issue I went looking for what top resto druids are doing, and I may be able to answer the neck enchant question as well. Check this out worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-players/druid/restoration . It looks like most are going Priestess. I went with it because the top resto on my server did and I thought I'd give it a try when I got a new neck. A few seem to do Soldier, so it looks like that's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by xiolableu View Post
    So, in response to the stat weights issue I went looking for what top resto druids are doing, and I may be able to answer the neck enchant question as well. Check this out worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/best-players/druid/restoration . It looks like most are going Priestess. I went with it because the top resto on my server did and I thought I'd give it a try when I got a new neck. A few seem to do Soldier, so it looks like that's up to you.
    If you do mythic+s a lot or you use the same neck for dps or tanking, the superiority of Trained soldier there is going to be a strong factor in the decision when it's pretty close to start with. Smaller raid sizes, using spring blossoms or germination rather than Inner peace will also push TS closer.

Hello guys! I dont understand why all guides talking the same - haste is our all for raid healing.. but bis list, enchants and gems are all mastery..
    35% crit
    18% haste
    21% mastery
    This is bis gear.. no haste. and I started to look at top rdruids..and they mostly all on mastery..
    So..there is something I dont know about mastery..maybe you guys can explain it? it would be great!
    Thx!

10+ Year Old Account
    1) haste is not our best stat, crit is.
    2) there is really no such thing as bis this time around. ilvl reigns supreme. (reason is 3)
    3) stat weights change depending on what stats you have. if you have more haste, the other stats become more important. more mastery, everything else is more important, etc. (relative diminishing returns)
    4) https://www.dropbox.com/s/sk7aw2alul....5.4.xlsx?dl=0 download it. use it. love it. (instructions in one of the tabs on the spreadhseet)
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2017-03-12 at 08:53 AM.

As long as you have enough mana and you are casting non stop -->haste is the best stat. That's not a realistic scenario though. Crit delivers the most raid healing. Mastery is best on focused healing on a few targets. Versatility is weaker on the healing side, but is nice for some damage reduction.

All of the secondary stats are probably within 10-15% of each other in terms of value per point of secondary stat that you add. A higher ilvl piece (even 5 ilvl higher) is going to beat a lower ilvl better itemized piece 99% of the time, so the question of what stat is better only really matters when you are deciding what to gem and enchant and what food to eat and deciding between multiple pieces at the same ilvl.

Mastery is actually probably our #1 stat on multiple mythic bosses - specifically the bosses where you generally want to run Germination - Spellblade, Tichondrius, Star Augar. Your most meaningful healing on all 3 of those fights is on people with debuffs that you are stacking lots of hots on.

Most likely, what stat is technically best is determined by your L90 talent row selection.

Germination - Mastery wins because you are taking Germination specifically for focused healing on a small number of single targets.
    Inner Peace - Crit will win, because you are taking this talent to get extra Tranq uses in, which will increase the % of your output done by Tranq, and Tranq gains no throughput from Haste, and weak amounts of throughput from Mastery.
    Spring Blossoms - Haste wins, because you are adding an additional HoT effect, and increasing the percentage of your healing that is HoTs and scales strongly with haste.

If you aren't going to replace your gems and enchants every boss, you can't really go wrong going with either Crit or Haste enchants, weighting your decision towards whether you run SB or IP more often. I wouldn't go with Mastery enchants unless you are going to switch them out, because it is probably the weakest stat on fights that don't specifically cater to it.

People are getting top parses with literally almost every possible secondary stats combination.

Go for item level and be done with it.

We're so good we can rank even with abundance, prosperity, MoC and ToL and with a combination of 5 of our 8 legos.

In my 10 years worth of WoW Career, i've never seen a better designed spec then resto druid in terms of talents and stats balance.

Question regarding trinkets. Last night I got a 900 erratic metronome and an 865 heightened instincts. I also have an 860 arcanocrystal.

I tested out the metronome and by keeping dots on the boss I have a fairly high uptime for 1-2 stacks of the buff.

Which 2 of those 3 trinkets should I go with? I'm using crystal/metronome right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Signature by Caerule

Definitely arcanocrystal, and there is ample math and justification for that in the resto druid discord, or any discussion this expansion about trinket strength.You can just trust me on this one.

For the other slot, probably Metronome if you're really going to reliably keep dots up and weave in some wraths and would have been doing so anyway. If you're just dpsing to help proc the trinket, especially the dots which cost mana, not for the dps contribution, it's not worth proccing the trinket and having to hold off on casting a few rejuvs instead. On this one though, I'd suggest looking at the uptime you're seeing based on your logs, and doing the math comparing it with Heightened Senses. If you go to the druid discord, there's a link in the resto pins for a trinket comparison spread sheet that should help you out. Alternately, if you just count average haste as a value of .8 if you have a lot of haste, or .9 if you're a little low on haste, then Int as 1, and add up the values of the 2 trinkets, that should work. Again though, that's assuming you would have been spending the mana on your dots either way, as it is definitely not worth casting mana costing dots just to use a higher item level trinket if you're worried about mana.

hey all. i've just dinged lvl 110 on my druid alt, and want to know what stat i should focus on. a guilde says mastery, while another says haste, and the forums says both, im confused. i want to raid on the alt runs with him, so what should i focus on? all help is appreciated. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Kvistor View Post
    hey all. I've just dinged lvl 110 on my druid alt, and want to know what stat i should focus on. a guilde says mastery, while another says haste, and the forums says both, im confused. i want to raid on the alt runs with him, so what should i focus on? all help is appreciated. =)
    honestly, just go with highest item level - resto druid stats are pretty close in value so they fluctuate a lot - especially since you are still gearing up, just go for highest ilvl. (exceptions of course for things like trinkets (arcanocrystal being notorious) and the Drape of Shame and tier 19 set pieces).

Once you get 4 piece of tier 19, try to have at least 17% haste.

thanks , ill do that =)

Maybe this isn't the right place...But ill try!

http://imgur.com/a/woEZB

This picture show's all my binds. The 2 small actions buttons are hidden normally.

My question is: Don't resto druids kinda have many binds, or do I just keybind to much? I don't really know how to get it to a smaller amount than this. Maybe ditch the mookin stuff?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO