Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Maybe this isn't the right place...But ill try!

My question is: Don't resto druids kinda have many binds, or do I just keybind to much? I don't really know how to get it to a smaller amount than this. Maybe ditch the mookin stuff?
    Yeah, in the course of an instance, a resto druid playing optimally will often use almost every single ability unless no one dies so they don't need those 3 rez buttons. You should ideally be contributing some damage and not binding your balance spells will make that harder. You'll want to snag a few ticks of drinking between pulls to so may want water bound. And health stone/health pot. And your 3 combat pots.

You could macro starfire starsurge to cast when you're in moonkin form on the same button as any heals other than regrowth (since you can use that in moonkin form). Be careful you're in the form you think you are and don't pull the boss when you thought you were healing people up though.

if you can't reach more keys, smoothing casting your dots and wrath is better than healing touch.
    Last edited by lairpie; 2017-03-22 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lairpie View Post
    Yeah, in the course of an instance, a resto druid playing optimally will often use almost every single ability unless no one dies so they don't need those 3 rez buttons. You should ideally be contributing some damage and not binding your balance spells will make that harder. You'll want to snag a few ticks of drinking between pulls to so may want water bound. And health stone/health pot. And your 3 combat pots.

You could macro starfire starsurge to cast when you're in moonkin form on the same button as any heals other than regrowth (since you can use that in moonkin form). Be careful you're in the form you think you are and don't pull the boss when you thought you were healing people up though.

if you can't reach more keys, smoothing casting your dots and wrath is better than healing touch.
    Thanks ! I have HS, mana on another bar I didnt show haha, its crazy. But healers always kinda had many binds over DPS etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I'm using a combination of clickcasting/mouseover macros and normal keybinds. Player-targeted healing spells and CDs are all clickcasting combinations(left/right/middle mous button with modificators). Damage spells(Wraith/Moon-/Sunfire) are all mouseover macros bound to mouse buttons(middle mouse button with mods). Shapeshifting(macros), personal cds/raid cds (barkskin/Displacer beast/Frenzied regen/tranquility) and Efflorescence are bound to simple hotkeys(experimenting with bindingefflo at a @cursor macro on alt+lmb, but I need to get used to it). CC is used with mouse-over macros on normal hotkeys.
    Last edited by Grenor; 2017-03-23 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grenor View Post
    I'm using a combination of clickcasting/mouseover macros and normal keybinds. Player-targeted healing spells and CDs are all clickcasting combinations(left/right/middle mous button with modificators). Damage spells(Wraith/Moon-/Sunfire) are all mouseover macros bound to mouse buttons(middle mouse button with mods). Shapeshifting(macros), personal cds/raid cds (barkskin/Displacer beast/Frenzied regen/tranquility) and Efflorescence are bound to simple hotkeys(experimenting with bindingefflo at a @cursor macro on alt+lmb, but I need to get used to it). CC is used with mouse-over macros on normal hotkeys.
    Yea, for moonkin spells I still dont know...I used to have a multi button mmo mouse, but meeh, to much annoying overall.

http://imgur.com/a/El280 This is my current updated UI. Wen't and re-made a ton of things. As you can see still havent found binds or place for moonkin, and I also forgot to show my 2 hidden bars I keep forms, mount, consums on and also useful toy items etc on.

Edit: Come up with idea for boomkin. New bar, bar 7 bartender for me. Have it only show when I'm in moonkin form, then I can have all moonkin spells Just using some bad binds for em atm.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2017-03-24 at 05:14 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Anyone else notice that ALL WQs that offer an actual item usually has versatility on it? And I am speced Resto
    Last edited by Hiraku; 2017-04-28 at 01:03 AM.

Your loot spec does not affect WQ rewards.

No, I know my loot spec has nothing to do with rewards. I was simply stating that Everything that has dropped is either Haste/Vers or Mastert/Vers...It's quite annoying.

Deleted
    Looking at rerolling to Rdruid; anyone able to point me at some trinket/legendary lists (dropbox link is dead)? From the looks of things, stat weights is negligible between them, so just pure ilev on that front. (And please don't just say "There's a spreadsheet somewhere in this huge thread, use that" that other healing classes on here say).

like every other gear choice, it depends too heavily on item level to really have a list

broadly you'll prefer static stats (stat sticks, celestial map) over weird procs and on-uses, though the cake from trilliax is pretty good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    like every other gear choice, it depends too heavily on item level to really have a list

broadly you'll prefer static stats (stat sticks, celestial map) over weird procs and on-uses, though the cake from trilliax is pretty good
    Cool, thanks. So even with trinks, ilev is king, but prio reliable over procs, makes sense for healing (last time I mained healing was T4/early T5). When I'm mildly awake I'll do some poking and try to actually play :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey,

Again not sure if this is the right place to post this. Really need some help

I was wondering if anyone would give a shot at taking a look at our logs for the past 2-3 weeks. Trying to handle our healing team, and just don't understand resto druids well enough to properly critique/make recommendations on ours.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/22642

Particular dates are May 30, June 6 and June 13.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Were certainly not cutting edge, but would like to push at least Tich Sunday.

Deleted
    Looking at your Krosus kill on the 14th.

First Treesons:

Only 10% Lifebloom uptime on a fight with constant tank damage. Should be at least 95%

Only 4 casts of Cenarion Ward, on a fight longer than 5 minutes, should be 11.

Only 1 cast of Swiftmend, should be used a lot more, especially to get practice for T20.

Didn't use any of his clear casting procs to get free Regrowths, but he didn't get many since he didn't use Lifebloom.

Only a few Efflo casts.

Further things, his cloak is not enchanted and he has the cheap ring enchant on his legendary ring. Also he doesn't have a 200 int gem. So either he is poor as fuck or there is some way to improve his gear. I guess the cloak can be excused because he just got it that night, but the one he replaced wasn't enchanted either, so...

Now Ramajama:

0 Lifeblooms, didn't spec CW, even though he is running leggie wrists that are pretty much worthless without it (there is some synergy with the talent he chose but it is negligible).

Specced Incarn and Germination but only used Incarn once and he didn't cast enough Rejuvs for Germination to be a necessity.

Used the Swiftmend talent, but only casted 5 of them, should be around 12.

Way too few Rejuvs, just way too few.

Gear wise, he is gemming crit, which doesn't make much sense to me but hey, maybe his gear is weird and it is a good choice, I dunno.

On the other hand, the only death your raid had on that fight, that could have been prevented by more healing is the one of Soulswipe. I honestly would recommend you let 1 healer dps, prefereably Ramajama, since he seems to want to dps anyway, and see if the others step up.

Deleted
    Hello there!

I play a Boomkin and am sometimes asked to heal in raids and since my healing is pretty bad I was wondering if a resto druid can answer a couple of questions

I am mostly confused with how to use 2 cooldowns: Flourish and Essence of G’hanir. When the raid group is about to take a spike of damage I try to quickly put Rejuvenation on half of the raid then I use Flourish to extend that HoT and then I try to put Rejuv on the other half of the raid after which I use Essence of G’hanir. I might have time to put a couple of Germinations on a few people as well. Is that the way to use these 2 cooldowns? I feel like by doing so I do not use Flourish enough.

I have just read that one should try to use Flourish as often as possible. Would it be good to use Flourish (off cooldown) after every other Wild Growth?

I was also wondering whether a Rejuv (or Regrowth’s HoT, Germination, Wild Growth) will be affected by Essence of G’hanir’s 8 sec buff if cast directly after using Essence of G’hanir? Or do I need to make sure I use my HoTs first before using Essence of G’hanir?

Many thanks!

I'll answer the easier part first
    I was also wondering whether a Rejuv (or Regrowth’s HoT, Germination, Wild Growth) will be affected by Essence of G’hanir’s 8 sec buff if cast directly after using Essence of G’hanir? Or do I need to make sure I use my HoTs first before using Essence of G’hanir?
    It doesn't matter if you have hots up before, or after. Basically during the duration of EoG any hots you have (both preexisting ones and new ones you cast during its duration) will have double the tick rate, and therefore doing 100% more healing. So while you can hit EoG, and then WG and the WG will benefit from it, its best to get many hots up before using it to maximize the number of hots getting the benefit.

The best tactic is to cast a bunch of rejuvs, hit wild growth, (cast a rejuv if you got PoTA proc), hit EOG, and continue to cast rejuvs during its duration. (obviously with the exceptions for maintaining lifebloom, efflo, etc)

If you have Flourish up as well, you want to squeeze a Flourish cast in before your WG expires (usually right away or right after a Rejuv to use PoTA proc)

As for Flourish you want to use it as often as possible, and always make sure to extend wildgrowth and and several rejuvs (as well as cenarion ward when possible) - but always make sure to catch WG and extend it.

You want to use both CD's as often as possible, together when available. Short delays to line up with large aoe damage is fine...but dont waste minutes of not using them.
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2017-06-30 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    quick question: how does resto druid mastery work exactly? if i cast rejuv on myself the buffs tooltip says it heals for ~40k every 2.7s. if i cast a 2nd rejuv (germination) on me while the first is still up, the buffs tooltip says ~46k every 2.7s BUT! the first buff still says ~40k. is this just a tooltip error? does every tick calculate how many hots are active? or does the amount of hots at casting determine how much a new hot will heal?

The tooltip only reactuates on application so you'd need to recast a rejuv on yourself to see the mastery's benefit. The healing itself is still buffed tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beldin View Post
    The tooltip only reactuates on application so you'd need to recast a rejuv on yourself to see the mastery's benefit. The healing itself is still buffed tho.
    thanks! /10charin2017

Started to raid in Legion, have 927eq (did mostly dungeons before, have 2T20 915+930) and all legendaries (using shoulders+velen) but I cant compete with 4T19 druids 920-925 eq , is the T19 really so powerful and what should I do to become more competitive since I have only options to loot stuff in ToS now (3\9M guild atm)?

Any viable options? Because as of now 4T20 sucks big time (just Maiden and Host are more loost competitive, since I have 2 normal pieces as well) .

Palas and priests are wrecking me now =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartier View Post
    Started to raid in Legion, have 927eq (did mostly dungeons before, have 2T20 915+930) and all legendaries (using shoulders+velen) but I cant compete with 4T19 druids 920-925 eq , is the T19 really so powerful and what should I do to become more competitive since I have only options to loot stuff in ToS now (3\9M guild atm)?

Any viable options? Because as of now 4T20 sucks big time (just Maiden and Host are more loost competitive, since I have 2 normal pieces as well) .

Palas and priests are wrecking me now =)
    T19 really is that good. You're suffering from the fact that you don't have the T20 4 set, as the 2 set along is utter garbage, and the 4 set will at least give you a modicum of throughput bonus.

Honestly, if you're able to put together a pug or group to go back and kill some mythic or at least heroic NH, you'd benefit from that greatly. T19 4set is very very powerful, and you're optimally going to want to run the T19 2 set bonus with your T20 4 set bonus eventually anyways.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

Deleted
    what are the best trinkets for m+ ?