Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Balance] Gebuz's Balance Druid Guide (Legion PvE)

You can find the guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...LyZW4A/preview

You can find my Combat Log Analysis guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...OdGP6Y/preview

Feel free to give me feedback or discuss the guides here.
    Last edited by mmoc9d2aef9527; 2016-10-06 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    You can find the guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Feel free to give me feedback or discuss the guide here.
    Talent 75 is kinda confusing, stating Incarnation is best for almost every situation, but recommending Stellar Flare for Single Target and Cleave.

Are you sure StFl is the best for single target, when the coefficients for haste are not there yet?

How does Dreamcatcher favor StFl when it makes your starsurge cheaper?

Why is Crit better for INC/Bota than for INC/AC when Bota favors haste?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontoth View Post
    Talent 75 is kinda confusing, stating Incarnation is best for almost every situation, but recommending Stellar Flare for Single Target and Cleave.

Are you sure StFl is the best for single target, when the coefficients for haste are not there yet?

How does Dreamcatcher favor StFl when it makes your starsurge cheaper?

Why is Crit better for INC/Bota than for INC/AC when Bota favors haste?
    Thanks for pointing that out. I took a closer look at the sims and it seems ED has a weird interaction with Stellar Flare that doubles its damage.

I'm honestly not sure why BotA/AC works like that, I'd expect the same as you. Could be something wrong with the sim. Anyway I'd just stick to haste.

Deleted
    Can you tell me why you'd pick "Hidden Satyr as enchant for Neck over "Mark of the Claw", which gives the Haste+Crit proc? Does it really sim lower?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearowlkin View Post
    Can you tell me why you'd pick "Hidden Satyr as enchant for Neck over "Mark of the Claw", which gives the Haste+Crit proc? Does it really sim lower?
    Yep, that's based on sim results. And assuming Mark of the Hidden Satyr is using correct proc chance and dmg, I'd trust the sim on that one.

Awesome guide, Thank you very much!

Thanks for the guide, this will be very useful. I bookmarked it as soon as I read it. I appreciate how much work went into it, and I love that you try to answer a lot of decision questions more advanced players will be wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    Yep, that's based on sim results. And assuming Mark of the Hidden Satyr is using correct proc chance and dmg, I'd trust the sim on that one.
    Do you know of any functional differences between Satyr and Distant Army?

Question regarding movement.
    If we dont have enough astral power or anything, is spamming moonfire and sunfire okey?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyzer View Post
    Question regarding movement.
    If we dont have enough astral power or anything, is spamming moonfire and sunfire okey?
    Do your best to plan ahead. That is one reason why you want to hold AP and not just automatically fire starsurges when you have 40 AP. So this way when you move you can fire a staresurge or 2 and then build it back. Easier said than done depending on the fight but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewsix View Post
    Do your best to plan ahead. That is one reason why you want to hold AP and not just automatically fire starsurges when you have 40 AP. So this way when you move you can fire a staresurge or 2 and then build it back. Easier said than done depending on the fight but not impossible.
    But if you're not prepared to move?

It beats doing nothing.

Recasting hasn't reset DoT tick timers for years now.

Deleted
    You can always fill your GCDs while moving with Displacer Beast, Dash, or if you have resto affinity, Swiftmend/Rejuv. Otherwise Moonfire/Sunfire are you only options.

I'm interested to know why everyone is so down on Feral affinity now? Didn't movement speed used to be a good thing for DPS?

I haven't raided seriously for a while so I'm genuinely intrigued as to why that has changed.

It is, the others are just better.

Wow, the Balance combat log analysis guide is pure gold man, I hardly noticed the link posted at the very end of the google doc. Any mythic raider should check that out for the PINS alone.

The section covering new moon cast times/charges should just be a part of the main guide as well IMO

Gebuz, in regards with the trinket rankings, what ilvl did you sim them at? Their "proper" ilvl (as in 840 for mythic dungeons etc)?

Thanks you for this guide. I'm not hardcore wow player anymore to test myself, so this guide really help me out with Boomkin change.

Hello,

thank you for the guide. I noticed you say the following for the Level 90 tier:

"DPS tier. Shooting Star should be your default choice for multi target, and Blessing of the Ancients: Blessing of Elune for single target."

but then below you put

"Astral Communion
    Unlike the alternatives, Astral Communion does not scale with haste. It does however provides burst Astral Power, which can be very valuable. While the moon spells fill the same role to some extend, and avoiding to overcap empowerments will limit the potential gain, it is very little behind Blessing of the Ancients. Recommended."

with Blessing of the Ancients not having the "Recommended" comment.

| Signature by: Elyssia | Shaman | Priest |Druid |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    Hello,

thank you for the guide. I noticed you say the following for the Level 90 tier:

"DPS tier. Shooting Star should be your default choice for multi target, and Blessing of the Ancients: Blessing of Elune for single target."

but then below you put

"Astral Communion
    Unlike the alternatives, Astral Communion does not scale with haste. It does however provides burst Astral Power, which can be very valuable. While the moon spells fill the same role to some extend, and avoiding to overcap empowerments will limit the potential gain, it is very little behind Blessing of the Ancients. Recommended."

with Blessing of the Ancients not having the "Recommended" comment.
    Thanks, I'll fix that. Forgot to update half of it after BotA nerf.