Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    With really high haste would it be better to go with FoN instead of Starlord?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    With really high haste would it be better to go with FoN instead of Starlord?
    Not with any reasonable amount of haste that we can reach.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what should you be doing around 817il as a balance? I've crafted all the gear until I got crit/haste yet there must be something I'm doing wrong. As my damage varies wildly from 130k to 280k in heroics. Trash I get since I have to ramp up and all, but on bosses shouldn't it be a bit more consistent?

Id imagine it has to do with
    1. Movement requirements on the fight
    2. Adds on the fight

With all those being equal(Or not) the biggest is probably the length of the fight
    If a fight lasts 1min you will probably see higher DPS than if it lasts 3 (And you don't get another Incarnation) since our DPS trends lower between bursts.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just came back after 2 years or so, and so I read Cyous' guide first as recommended. Couple things confuse me

Pre-cast Solar Wrath. (Before combat begins)
    Apply both Moonfire and Sunfire.
    Cast New Moon
    Cast Celestial Alignment
    Cast Half Moon and Full Moon
    Follow the general rotation notes below. (Single-Target, Multi-Target, AOE)
    Why do you cast CA in between New Moon and Half Moon? As opposed to buffing all moon spells or none of them.

And

You should always try to have as much Astral Power as possible before you start applying Moonfire and Sunfire to each target (60-80 is best).
    Why do we care about AP before applying our dots?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Why do you cast CA in between New Moon and Half Moon? As opposed to buffing all moon spells or none of them.
    New Moon is less DPET than the other two since it's cast time is 1 sec, but the GCD at 1.5 makes the effective time spent by it 1.5 sec. Thus it aint worth casting in inside CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Why do we care about AP before applying our dots?
    We don't, you should dot things before using SW/LS.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    New Moon is less DPET than the other two since it's cast time is 1 sec, but the GCD at 1.5 makes the effective time spent by it 1.5 sec. Thus it aint worth casting in inside CA.

We don't, you should dot things before using SW/LS.
    Thank you makes sense. Yeah couldn't figure out the dot thing

I went into this Xpac planning to be a bear. The whole time. But with my confidence being low about dungeons I started to roll Boomkin into them.

...And now I think I have a new main spec.

LOVE what they've done to Boomys. It's a blast to play. The *only* thing holding me back from switching is DPS queue times...

Deleted
    Just browsing the forum and recognized your name, did you play in Imperium - Nagrand for a few years? if so haii i'll be using your guide when i play my druid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephraia View Post
    Just browsing the forum and recognized your name, did you play in Imperium - Nagrand for a few years? if so haii i'll be using your guide when i play my druid
    I did! I raided with them from early cata and until we killed Mythic Archimonde. I'll likely return to them at some point aswell, as I wont be able to keep playing the hours that Danish Terrace requires.

Quick question. So, I looted the impeccable fel essence last week. Does this basically mean I HAVE to run the Incarnation talent? Just using common sense on my part, it seems this thing basically shoe-horns you in to that talent regardless if you want to run it or not. Am I mistaken?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torrental View Post
    Quick question. So, I looted the impeccable fel essence last week. Does this basically mean I HAVE to run the Incarnation talent? Just using common sense on my part, it seems this thing basically shoe-horns you in to that talent regardless if you want to run it or not. Am I mistaken?
    You don't HAVE to, but in most situations it heavily favours using Incarnation, yes.

So how do you think balance will perform in the coming mythic+? And will FoE still be the go-to talent?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    So how do you think balance will perform in the coming mythic+? And will FoE still be the go-to talent?
    Yes FoE will no doubt be the best pick for mythic+. If you have a group with proper coordination, FoE will make boomkins a solid dps for mythic+.

So once you get the second gold talent in the artifact is Stellar Flare still better than Incarnation? I cannot find reliable answers but just from playing around that second gold talent makes burst so much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamHealzu View Post
    So once you get the second gold talent in the artifact is Stellar Flare still better than Incarnation? I cannot find reliable answers but just from playing around that second gold talent makes burst so much better.
    All the sims are done assuming you have Moon and Stars.

Yeah its the same on my android phone :/, Gebuz's guide being mostly blank
    Last edited by Mastho; 2016-09-21 at 10:48 AM.

How big of a difference is it to precast with new moon instead of solar wrath? If new moon is the least efficient spell in terms of DPS why do we waste a global on it during combat as opposed to precast?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewncriket View Post
    How big of a difference is it to precast with new moon instead of solar wrath? If new moon is the least efficient spell in terms of DPS why do we waste a global on it during combat as opposed to precast?
    That's not how precasting work. Precasts depends on travel and cast times, not only DPET. Besides, New moon is better DPET outside CA/INC than emp SW.

That's not how precasting work. Precasts depends on travel and cast times, not only DPET. Besides, New moon is better DPET outside CA/INC than emp SW.
    I knew there was a reason. I just wasn't quite sure what it was. Thanks for clearing that up.