Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darmal View Post
    Would you choose Hectic Add Cleave to simulate 3 target, or Light Movement with 3 enemies?
    Not sure how good the APL is for HAC, so I'd just use 3 target. For the APL, just use single target one and add dot rotation so it keeps dots on all 3.

Mostly directed at you @Gebuz, but I guess anyone can answer if they know.

I guess I could just sit down and do the math, but I'm guessing you already have. How close are BotA and AC? And how long does the fight have to be for BotA to overtake AC? (to a point where you'd pick BotA for sure)

EDIT: If BotA ever will overtake AC, that is.
    Last edited by restoxpresso; 2016-09-24 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    Fight length is pretty irrelevant for raid bosses, everything is long enough that it doesn't affect it much. They're pretty much equal on single target.

Deleted
    looks like twisting wind is not working as intended. did read and watch some stuff about the tornados spawning everywhere and all over the place instead at the target's location as the tooltip is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    They're pretty much equal on single target.
    Right, and for AoE I'm guessing AC pulls a bit ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    Right, and for AoE I'm guessing AC pulls a bit ahead?
    Shooting Stars pulls ahead once you have >4 DoTs. Main advantage of AC is that you have controlled bursts of AP.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Shooting Stars pulls ahead once you have >4 DoTs. Main advantage of AC is that you have controlled bursts of AP.
    I just can't see that happening, SS seems so shit, 10% chance for 4 AP? JFC ;_;

Not sure how good the APL is for HAC, so I'd just use 3 target. For the APL, just use single target one and add dot rotation so it keeps dots on all 3.
    I appreciate you answering all my questions. How would I add dot rotation?

And just to be sure, the APL included in version 703-02 is the updated, correct one right?

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to see it, it's math.
    Last edited by Darmal; 2016-09-24 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmal View Post
    You don't have to see it, it's math.
    I'll remake my statement to

"I wish it was obvious to me, and that I understood it"

From a first glance, it seems shit compared to the other 2 options, but I haven't had the chance to do the math for it yet.
    If only it could've been something fun (read: overpowered) as 1 AP per dot tick, and then screw the damage component.

(can re-work that 1 AP/tick to something more in line with the other 2, though, just throwing a number out there)

I'll remake my statement to

"I wish it was obvious to me, and that I understood it"

From a first glance, it seems shit compared to the other 2 options, but I haven't had the chance to do the math for it yet.
    If only it could've been something fun (read: overpowered) as 1 AP per dot tick, and then screw the damage component.

(can re-work that 1 AP/tick to something more in line with the other 2, though, just throwing a number out there)
    They could literally just make it 0.4AP per tick if they wanted to. You actually have 1000 AP, it just displays the first 3 digits only. Same for Rage.

At my haste level (only 25%), the dots tick every 1.5 seconds. 4 dots means 40% chance per tick for 4 AP, or 1.6 AP on average, which translates to 1.066 AP/s. AC is 0.9375 AP/s if used on CD. SS also scales with haste.

Deleted
    Is the amount of haste realistically reachable for when BotA outperforms AC?

AC and BotA are mostly equal already. If we had more haste on our gear, it'd be outperforming already.

10+ Year Old Account
    For heroic Xavius I would recommend Starlord/StFl/AC/NB. Alternatively if you plan on getting corrupted you can go with INC/FoE.
    Twisting Winds proc got a huge nerf wednesday, I haven't updated sims to reflect that yet.
    As for AC vs. BotA, I would never recommend going BotA unless you don't want to deal with having to press a CD. I think a lot of people are running it because it is an easier option, and they are basically even on a fight like HC nythendra.
    I just read the guide on talent choices, why are you recommending Sotf now yet in the guide it said it had no place in raids?

I'm having trouble figuring out what telent choices are best for each boss in Nightmare.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Gebuz,

Recently had EmeraldDC drop for me after having the loot Gods answer my prayer (though I'd rather the Inc ring ).

Few things :

1. Your Rotation - reading over your spreadsheet guide, am I to understand the ST rotation is basically:
    a. Build to 95 or AC if in a pinch
    b. SS > LS (SWx2) to use Emps > SS until exhausted AsP, then prioritize Emp nukes, build up to 95

2. Cyous interpretation - Reading over Cyous guide, I get the impression that overwriting emp stacks does not matter, as the sheer burst is far stronger than a normal rotation, so an opener would be MF/SF > NMoon > Inc > HMoon > FMoon > SS > SS > SS > AC > SS > SS > SS > SS > LS or SWx2 depending what gets you to 20 AsP > SS then continue back up to 95 (should have both LS/SW emp till that point) > rinse repeat. Agree / Disagree ?

3. Mythic+ Spec - What are your thoughts on this - ED basically makes SL mandatory in a XX/INC/FoE build to allow nuke-weaving / strong ST whilst balancing the huge cleave needed for trash via FoE. Idea is use FoE for trash, transition to ED weave when last add is alive and use ED rotation for boss as FoE ST is not that strong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    I just read the guide on talent choices, why are you recommending Sotf now yet in the guide it said it had no place in raids?

I'm having trouble figuring out what telent choices are best for each boss in Nightmare.
    StFl = Stellar Flare, SotF = Soul of the Forest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharahh View Post
    Gebuz,

Recently had EmeraldDC drop for me after having the loot Gods answer my prayer (though I'd rather the Inc ring ).

Few things :

1. Your Rotation - reading over your spreadsheet guide, am I to understand the ST rotation is basically:
    a. Build to 95 or AC if in a pinch
    b. SS > LS (SWx2) to use Emps > SS until exhausted AsP, then prioritize Emp nukes, build up to 95

2. Cyous interpretation - Reading over Cyous guide, I get the impression that overwriting emp stacks does not matter, as the sheer burst is far stronger than a normal rotation, so an opener would be MF/SF > NMoon > Inc > HMoon > FMoon > SS > SS > SS > AC > SS > SS > SS > SS > LS or SWx2 depending what gets you to 20 AsP > SS then continue back up to 95 (should have both LS/SW emp till that point) > rinse repeat. Agree / Disagree ?

3. Mythic+ Spec - What are your thoughts on this - ED basically makes SL mandatory in a XX/INC/FoE build to allow nuke-weaving / strong ST whilst balancing the huge cleave needed for trash via FoE. Idea is use FoE for trash, transition to ED weave when last add is alive and use ED rotation for boss as FoE ST is not that strong
    1. & 2. The reason I recommend casting 2xSW or 1xLS between Starsurges is not just to spent the empowerments (You'll be overwriting a lot of those anyway, don't worry about it), but to keep the buff up for aslong as possible by generating AsP in between the casts. I believe Cyous mentions casting them back to back for the burst potential, which is definitely another use it has, however that is a loss for sustained dps.

3. I agree. SL/INC/AC/FoE, FoE for 2+ targets, SS for single target.

Hi gebuz,

I currently have 38% haste, 22% crit, 20% mastery and 847ilvl. I feel like I'm underperforming damage wise, should I adjust some of my haste/crit gear to be me crit/haste or mastery/haste? I'm not sure what kind of damage I should be outputting with this kind of build and I hear other people claiming 250-280k sustain damage and I just don't understand how.

You might be a little extreme on the haste for Single Target.

Hi Gebuz.
    Is there any change in stats priority with the new buffs?
    And what are the recommended trinkets with the nerf to twisting winds?
    Thanks for the awesome guide and all the answers!

If anything, they made haste even stronger.