Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Whatwhat? You using a one button macro (If you are talking about THIS) and you aks how to improve your rotation?

shouldnt you ask je guy that made the macro? :P Because the only answer you will get here is to drop the macro and learn to play yourself.

Deleted
    Well the one you linked is very old.Im using the one with title ''super chicken to the rescue'' the single target one (cant post links yet) and i believe the rotation is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sciraxor View Post
    Hey guys new here. I simulated my char and the dps shown is far from what i get.I use GSSE (lazy macro) with the classic rotation and i get 380-400K steady dps while SimC says about 520k dps. What do i have to do to improve my dps?
    GSSE?? curious what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's that high because we have so little crit. Not despite it.

There's no sweet spot for crit, since none of our mechanics are based on it. More is better as long as you don't sacrifice Haste or Mastery for it.
    Yeah I guess I meant if we were gaining crit on our starsurges but they were noticeably not critting it seemed we would need a certain amount of crit to make use of the relic. (I lost 3 ilvl to use the Scythe of the stars relic as noted by the guide. It was a dps loss for me, but I think it is because they are not critting.) With 7.2 coming and getting the extra point to put in our weapon I will hit 36% and with my current crit raiting that will leave my starsurge at 52%. I should notice it then, I put the relic in expecting to get a decent dps increase and I just watch my starsurges not crit over and over again. lol. Thanks for the response huth.

Does anyone know if there is a point where we have too much haste? Currently I will have a cast speed of 0.4 - 0.5 on my wrath which I know they made the GCD 7.5? but is it a dps loss and if so do I need to start getting less haste or possibly swap neck enchant to something other than claw? Thanks
    Last edited by Nijurez; 2017-03-24 at 01:13 PM. Reason: had a second question.

Deleted
    Its an addon called Gnome Sequencer and allows to create macros big enough to cast all the required spells in rotation.Usually it takes one button to do the rotation but you can always improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nijurez View Post
    I lost 3 ilvl to use the Scythe of the stars relic as noted by the guide. It was a dps loss for me, but I think it is because they are not critting.
    It's a 3 iLvl gain compared to a relic with no throughput-trait(e.g. one with Moonkin Armor or the auto-heal), not to any relic.
    Since the trait directly gives you crit, no minimum crit is necessary.
    It's definitely the strongest one for single target, but losing 3 iLvl when replacing pretty much any other single target throughput trait is at best no change, and most of the time a loss.

Also, don't look at individual Starsurges. Your mind will overemphasize non-crits, making you feel like you crit far less than you actually do. Look at statistics for large samples and see if they match up with your crit chance.

It's a 3 iLvl gain compared to a relic with no throughput-trait(e.g. one with Moonkin Armor or the auto-heal), not to any relic.
    It's definitely the strongest one for single target, but losing 3 iLvl when replacing pretty much any other single target throughput trait is at best no change, and most of the time a loss.

Also, don't look at individual Starsurges. Your mind will overemphasize non-crits, making you feel like you crit far less than you actually do. Look at statistics for large samples and see if they match up with your crit chance.
    Thats probably true, I'm probably watching it too much. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sciraxor View Post
    Hey guys new here. I simulated my char and the dps shown is far from what i get.I use GSSE (lazy macro) with the classic rotation and i get 380-400K steady dps while SimC says about 520k dps. What do i have to do to improve my dps?
    Considering your DPS is done by an automated system and the system will only be as good as the code written for it, you have two options:

1). Contact someone whose responsible for making the addon and see if they can improve it
    2). Get rid of the macro and learn how to play the class and work on manually perfecting your rotation.

We can assist with option #2. I'm not sure you'll get much help here optimizing a 1 button rotation macro. Besides, there are too many variables for a 1 button macro to ever compete with actually playing the class properly.

Since it behooves us to cast Moonfire/Sunfire once in a while due to the Wax and Wane buff, is it worth dumping Nature's Balance altogether for Stellar Drift and running Oneth's?

Sunfire doesn't refresh the buff, at least for now. I somewhat doubt that casting Moonfire solely to keep the buff running is worth it in a pure single target raid fight, since it's still less effective damage than SW.

Well I fucked up then. Replaced a 53 Solar Wrath relic with a 56 heal one... Thought 3 ilvls are better all the time... On the other hand, I don't have the req haste for 2xSW except with 2xMetronome and there are also a lot of fights where I use LS due to AoE, so the loss may not be that huge, considering 3 ilvls gives me intellect on wep that boost all spells.

Eh, that switch is still okay. Not great, but not a loss either. Though that's probably the single most useless trait we have.

Sunfire doesn't refresh the buff, at least for now. I somewhat doubt that casting Moonfire solely to keep the buff running is worth it in a pure single target raid fight, since it's still less effective damage than SW.
    Well I mean without Nature's Balance you're casting the spells anyways, and the dmg buff from the trait helps offset the dmg loss from not having them be automatically refreshed. So you're losing out on the AsP generation of a SW compared to a DoT but you're also getting 60% more starfall damage.

Hello, i have a question regarding Stats. Right now i have 17/29/70 (crit/haste/Mastery). In Addition i have Metronom and Guldan trinket, leggs: prydaz + Mastery haste Ring. Yesterday i met another owl, who told me, i should decrease my haste for Mastery, in i Use those 2 trinkets. Is that true?

No, you shouldn't. No such thing as too much haste for us, at least within realistically attainable bounds.

Eh, that switch is still okay. Not great, but not a loss either. Though that's probably the single most useless trait we have.
    I think it's sad with how squishy we are (in terms of AoE/Magical damage) and we've been given what's by far the worst set of defensive traits across all specs. Sure we have armor for days but that means fuckall against magic (most of the damage we take) or even physical AoEs in raids that bypass armor anyway.

Still want to know why Touch of the Moon is not only useless but upping the rank only increases the chance to proc (and not, say, the heal amount of reducing the CD of it?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mediv View Post
    Hello, i have a question regarding Stats. Right now i have 17/29/70 (crit/haste/Mastery). In Addition i have Metronom and Guldan trinket, leggs: prydaz + Mastery haste Ring. Yesterday i met another owl, who told me, i should decrease my haste for Mastery, in i Use those 2 trinkets. Is that true?
    You have 70% Mastery and they think you need more? Heavens no, you have enough (not that more hurts, just definitely don't intentionally drop Haste for it).

Also regarding Haste, I feel like 25-30% is a "feels good" amount to have with Nighthold (shifted slightly down for LFR/Normal and slightly up for Mythic). Numbers will obviously change in ToS but for now that seems to be the norm/appropriate amount of Haste.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

They could remove the CD on Touch of the Moon, and it still wouldn't be all that great. Not sure why they even felt a 20s CD was necessary in the first place.

I was looking at the guide and I see you updated the legendaries for 7.2 I was wondering if this was reflected on the raid portion of the guide ( sephuz ranked quite high on the list for legendaries, but in raid portion it looks like its near the bottom almost every fight, Not a huge deal, but I just got a sephuz's so I was curious where it was stacking.)

Shoutout to seeing Gebuz on Final Boss, Nice Job!

Hi guys which trait are you guys going for, for your 43rd trait?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you're well past 43 now but I play pvp/pve and went Scythe -> twilight -> sunfire -> solar stabbing -> dark side -> empowerment -> smash my face into the keyboard and take w/e.

The worst part is the 51st point >.<
    I'd rather just have skipped that one, but you have to take Touch of the Moon to get Concordance.