Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    uhm, i had 2 simulations, one with 2 target and the other with 5, with OHwdps negative. the second even with an error smaller than the result.
    there is any bug or i miss anything?

Deleted
    hi guys,
    i just got legend wrist for outlaw so i was wondering about between the eyes...
    MANY ppl told me that i should use it only when crit buff up, which seem pretty bad cos sometimes you get it once or never per fight and i really wanna use my legendary...
    so i did some sims... i remove "use only when crit buff up" and whoa it was kinda big dps boost.. its beat GS by far with quick draw than.. and with bulduras? its insane dps gain... im talkin about single target as it not affectin cleave..
    Can you guys confirm that quick draw>GS and i should use between the eyes on cd with my legendary wrist? im not coffident when everyone keep saying that only with shark..
    Thank you a LOT!
    PS: i have only one RT trait

Quote Originally Posted by Youmakeme View Post
    hi guys,
    MANY ppl told me that i should use it only when crit buff up, which seem pretty bad cos sometimes you get it once or never per fight and i really wanna use my legendary...
    so i did some sims... i remove "use only when crit buff up" and whoa it was kinda big dps boost.. its beat GS by far with quick draw than.. and with bulduras? its insane dps gain... im talkin about single target as it not affectin cleave..
    Can you guys confirm that quick draw>GS and i should use between the eyes on cd with my legendary wrist? im not coffident when everyone keep saying that only with shark..
    Thank you a LOT!
    It seems like you answered your own question.

Deleted
    Have trouble with Simc to at the moment. It's seems my Assassination profiles really really (really) low, at some point i thought i had forgot the poison....

When should I reroll "Roll the Bones" ?
    - The current rules on the APL is to do it if you have less than 2 buffs. The only exception is if you have the Legendary Boots (Thraxi's Tricksy Treads) where you'll reroll RtB if you have less than 2 buffs except if the only buff you got is "True Bearing".
    UPDATE 09/17 :
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethys256 View Post
    New Fishing Rule :

You should cast again Roll the Bones if you have 1 or less Buffs and this buff isn't Shark Infested Waters while your CDs (AR/CotD) are ongoing and this buff isn't True Bearing.

So, if you have 2 or more buffs, keep it.
    If you have only 1 buff, check :
    - If it's Shark Infested Waters or True Bearing, if it's True Bearing, keep it
    - If it's Shark Infested Waters and you have either Adrenaline Rush either Curse of the Dreadblades up, keep it, else reroll.

Also, if you're in a stage not very demanding in terms of dps output, you should be aware that fishing for either 3+ either 2+ with at least TB or SIW being one of the two is something good. The ramp up time is longer but the burst is higher (and overall, it's better if you're not against rerolling some times).
    I am new to simming, forgive me if this is a noob question. Been through the program and not seeing this being shown in options.

Is Roll the bones currently setup by default like this in simulationcraft? (I believe I'm on release 3)

I ask because I was dicking around with it a bit last night and it's telling me SnD is a 10k dps gain. All I've read is that SnD is a dps loss period, so I'm a bit confused.

EDIT: I dug a bit deeper now that i'm not exhausted and found the action priority list that shows this is, in fact, enabled. Still a bit lost on the SnD being a dps increase though.
    Last edited by phoenixs4r; 2016-10-18 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youmakeme View Post
    hi guys,
    Thank you a LOT!
    Yes, use it on cd and Quick Draw is better than GS by with the bracers. Also it benefits from Blunderbuss so GR + something(like SiW or TB) is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by indis View Post
    Have trouble with Simc to at the moment. It's seems my Assassination profiles really really (really) low, at some point i thought i had forgot the poison....
    Are you sure your artifact was imported ?
    Rogue SimC Maintainer since 6.2.
    As a Rogue, the best thread on MMO-C to talk about Legion SimC is this one, it will be a pleasure for me to discuss with you there.
    I'm also the maker of AethysRotation, an addon to help you doing an optimized rotation (especially for Rogues).
    Finally, you can retrieve a lot of Rogues simulations results on our Resources Website.

The T19M Assa profile in the sheet has 870 weapons which is not only lower than weapons for the other specs' T19M profiles but also lower than Assa's T19H profile.

It should've been obvious to everybody that something's wrong with the Assa T19M profile when adding a legendary (which alone does 6.6% of total damage) plus 15 ilevels on most slots plus a few artifact points would only add 8.8% total damage.

Aside from that, why is the Assa T19M profile using a sub-optimal legendary whereas the Outlaw and Sub profiles are using optimal legendaries each? Doesn't seem like a fair comparison to me.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-10-21 at 10:40 PM.

Skasch was the one who maintained the Assassination profile back in the days,and currently he's very busy, that's why.
    I already changed the legendary and will take a look at the gear overall.

Also, it was a gear optimized for Exsanguinated.

And finally, default profiles rules changed.

All of this will change with 7.1
    As a Rogue, the best thread on MMO-C to talk about Legion SimC is this one, it will be a pleasure for me to discuss with you there.
    I'm also the maker of AethysRotation, an addon to help you doing an optimized rotation (especially for Rogues).
    Finally, you can retrieve a lot of Rogues simulations results on our Resources Website.

None of that would explain 870 weapons in a mythic profile which is obviously just an oversight, albeit one that might have misled quite a few people into getting the wrong impression about assassination's gear scaling.

It also invalidates most of the simulation results based on that profile because having low level weapons shifts damage towards abilities that scale solely with AP (poisons and bleeds) and away from ones that scale with weapon damage (mutilate and auto attacks).
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-10-22 at 06:17 PM.

Well, 865 relics Master Assassin are better than 880 Emerald Nightmare Relics.
    I updated profiles (changed trinkets aswell).

https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...its/legion-dev

I'm updating the spreadsheet to differentiate Exsg and AP build aswell as for 7.1 btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Spreadsheet has been updated for 7.1

I also made Relics & Trinkets sims that are available in my repo.

I'll make a tab for each in the future. (Aswell as the stats one)

PS : I split Assassination into 2 parts, one is AP build, other one is Exsg. (Except on 3t where Alacrity is taken for both)
    Last edited by Aethys256; 2016-10-23 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Well, 865 relics Master Assassin are better than 880 Emerald Nightmare Relics.
    I updated profiles (changed trinkets aswell).

https://github.com/simulationcraft/s...its/legion-dev

I'm updating the spreadsheet to differentiate Exsg and AP build aswell as for 7.1 btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Spreadsheet has been updated for 7.1

I also made Relics & Trinkets sims that are available in my repo.

I'll make a tab for each in the future. (Aswell as the stats one)

PS : I split Assassination into 2 parts, one is AP build, other one is Exsg. (Except on 3t where Alacrity is taken for both)
    Why is there such a massive difference between simulationcraft and AMR with Assa builds (same options [food, flask,...])?

Simulationcraft - AMR(DPS)
    Exsg 365k - 360k
    AP 360k - 375k

Stat weights AP build Simulationcraft - AMR
    Agi 11.26 - 11.28
    Crit 9.02 - 10.35
    Mast 9.17 - 9.59
    Vers 9.19 - 8.3
    Haste 6.05 - 5.87

Simulationcraft and AMR shows total different results when comparing AP build vs Exsg. build.

Same goes for sub simulation:
    simulationcraft 365k, AMR 330k ... like wtf? 35k dps difference?

I'm a bit baffled by the results. Where did all the praise of AP being better than Exsang come from if the bleed build is (in aethys sim) outperforming it in at every ilvl?

There were bugs/things that has been fixed/changed, that's why.

So is it fact that AP was overrated? I mean it's obviously still viable, it's not that much behind, but is the new consensus to still go bleed, especially since it's more viable on anything vs adds?

It depends, with Insignia and the upcoming fixes I'll bring, I assume AP will pull ahead.

It depends, with Insignia and the upcoming fixes I'll bring, I assume AP will pull ahead.
    Ah yeah I see both are using bracers, and naturally I'd assume that even though they're not "bad" for AP, they're a bit more powerful for bleed spec.

Very interested in the upcoming fixes! I'll stay posted, thanks again for all the hard work you put in.

Basically, Insignia is "double dipping" on every player dmg multiplier.
    (EP, AP, MoS, Sub, Vers, ..)
    Which is currently not shown on simc yet.

Deleted
    So it's not implemented in the overnight builds? Cause that's what I'm using.

Are there any known bugs with Sub? You didn't say anything to the 35k dps difference between the current simulationcraft (nightly build) and AMR.

Link me every reports.