10+ Year Old Account

The Secret of the Colonel's Chicken?

I tripped over this looking for a different reference and wanted to pass it along: http://food-hacks.wonderhowto.com/ho...ealed-0118355/

While a copy of the Original Recipe chicken is locked down tight in KFC's headquarters, another version has been sitting in the photo album of Sanders' second wife, Claudia Ledington, which is now in the possession of her nephew, Joe Ledington. The hand-scribbled note contains the amounts for each of the 11 herbs and spices, which are listed below, to be included with 2 cups of white flour.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a different recipe depending on where you live. In Canada KFC doesn't taste really good but in other countries it's absolutely amazing. Such a shame really..

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't even have to be a difference in recipe. One of the big differences is in food handling (draining, freshness of oil and other factors). Just recently KFC announced a push to move things back towards the older methods. That's one reason I found it so interesting that what may be the actual, original recipe received such favorable comments in the article. After all, Harlan Sanders himself sued them for what they did to his food.

After selling the company, the colonel sued Kentucky Fried Chicken for $122 million.
    Sanders sold Kentucky Fried Chicken in 1964, and after food conglomerate Heublein purchased the company in 1971, the cantankerous colonel began to deride the chain’s gravy as “slop” and its owners as “a bunch of booze hounds.” Although still the public face of the company, Sanders so disliked Kentucky Fried Chicken’s food that he developed plans to franchise “The Colonel’s Lady’s Dinner House” restaurant—which he opened with his wife in Shelbyville, Kentucky, in 1968—as a competitor. When Heublein threatened to block the plan, Sanders sued for $122 million. The two sides settled out of court, with Sanders receiving $1 million and a chance to give a cooking lesson to Heublein executives in return for his promise to stop criticizing Kentucky Fried Chicken’s food. The renamed “Claudia Sanders Dinner House” was allowed to remain open and is still in operation.
    Source: http://www.history.com/news/hungry-h...olonel-sanders
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Its just brown sugar and seaweed bits.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    @Raptor With a Saber

Um, right. The, beer's good tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    @Raptor With a Saber

Um, right. The, beer's good tonight?
    beer? Never touch it!
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    @Raptor With a Saber Good! Go with a straw, it is more sanitary!