Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    or their country will become the envy of the world after they prove that bending a knee to Muslims and the like does NOT better your nation and in fact destroys it.
    Yeah or that. Ahahah

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Those are the countries were there are still laws around like, "it´s illegal to sell your eyeballs", "You may not sell toothpaste and a toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday", "It is illegal to kill a sick person by frightening them", "Anal sex is prohibited", or "Taxi cabs are required to carry a bale of hay in the trunk".

It´s always been like this, isn´t the best way to go about laws.
    Best one was "Its illegal to transfer a gorilla in the frost seat of a car on Sundays"
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I have Googled it and it appears he said that to Sky News after polling closed, whilst the count was on.

Even if it was before polling ended, how would they know if it created an upswing in Brexit voting? I thought there wasn't any exit polling for the Brexit vote.
    If it was after the polls closed, then obviously it cannot have had any effect on the polls, maybe it came across as if he said it earlier due to bad wording.

Whether 'they' would know if it created an upswing in Brexit voting is irrelevant to my belief that it probably would have had an effect if the statement was known while polling was ongoing. I didn't claim I had scientific proof for my impression, after all. (Why would I?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    Best one was "Its illegal to transfer a gorilla in the frost seat of a car on Sundays"
    I'm pretty sure many such specific laws come into being due to someone at least attempted the stunt in question.
    Allengedly they made a law in Germany to forbid elephants from riding in the tram after an incident with the Wuppertal Suspension Railway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I'm pretty sure many such specific laws come into being due to someone at least attempted the stunt in question.
    Allengedly they made a law in Germany to forbid elephants from riding in the tram after an incident with the Wuppertal Suspension Railway.
    Couldn´t find anything about that, also doubtful as it´s probably not just about elephants.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Over 17 million people who voted for Brexit, did you forget? I am here to remind you
    Replacing the HRA with better legislation has nothing to do with Brexit, this has been in the works for years, it would have been done in the 2010-2015 term but the liberal half of the coalition government threatened to veto it as they did a EU referendum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Replacing the HRA with better legislation has nothing to do with Brexit, this has been in the works for years, it would have been done in the 2010-2015 term but the liberal half of the coalition government threatened to veto it as they did a EU referendum.
    Prior to Brexit any UK created law was always in danger of being overruled by the European courts. Now the UK government can just give the EU courts the finger.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Prior to Brexit any UK created law was always in danger of being overruled by the European courts. Now the UK government can just give the EU courts the finger.
    Two problems with this:

1: It's nonsense.
    2: Even if it wasn't, nothing would be different now as brexit isn't scheduled for anytime before this law is changed (hell ATM brexit isn't scheduled at all).

Deleted
    Prior to Brexit any UK created law was always in danger of being overruled by the European courts.
    It still is.

Now the UK government can just give the EU courts the finger.
    And they still cant.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...f_Human_Rights
    is not a part of the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    David Cameron won the election. Nobody voted for Theresa May, nobody voted for her government.

The people have had no say on this prime minister or the government she runs.
    Huh? I not sure you understand British politics, please keep away.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post

They've said 'we are going to change the act' - there's not much to say, we have literally no idea what may or may not be added or removed so... there's nothing to say?

Didn't the UK consider rights for robots just a while ago? I hope they don't turn this into a farce where robots can sue for union representation, and pets can vote while criminals can't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauton View Post
    we have literally no idea what may or may not be added or removed so... there's nothing to say?
    The only possible way you'd not have at least a couple ideas what this government (and this PM) plans to do is if you'd been stuck on Rockall for the past 4 or 5 years.

The Draft Communications Data Bill might give you some clues about intent.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    The only possible way you'd not have at least a couple ideas what this government (and this PM) plans to do is if you'd been stuck on Rockall for the past 4 or 5 years.

The Draft Communications Data Bill might give you some clues about intent.
    Not at all - you're talking about 'what ifs', even now you're quoting a different piece of legislation. You can guestimate as much as you want, the only real discussion (as we have no power over it) is when facts come in. It's like when they announce a new expansion for WoW and everyone says 'my class is going to be terrible' ... you've no idea, you can guestimate from before but they could do whatever they want.