Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I wouldnt be surprised TBH

In the tomb of sargeras audio drama there were some heavy hints at it, and khadgar did sound quite scary the way he was hunting guldan.

Kiljaedin specifically told guldan to not kill him, they have plans for khadgar at any rate, whether he be a tool, an agent or whatever.

The temptation in kharazan is a telling sign that the legion wants him, kharazan is going to be a mega dungeon come 7.1, we will likely see something big happen then as to whether khadgar gets tempted further or not.

Remember arthas was a paladin, he did everything to protect his people, and ultimately did everything to destroy them, he snapped in northrend, medivh was a protector and guardian too lest we forget, khadgar is strong but it seems the legion is intent on using him some way.

Honestly i wouldnt be surprised if he does becomea villain, whether he snaps, takes the power of the guardian to fight a crucial battle that we would inevitably lose, drives the legion back but winds up becoming an unwitting avatar of sargeras or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    i thought we were the protagonists
    Lore-wise, we aren't really compelling, though. We're just pretty much generic heroes.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

They hint about his "corruption" in the Audio Drama but that happens before Harbingers - Khadgar. KJ was betting on Khadgar getting corrupted in Karazhan, it didn't happen.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    Khadgar has deliberately been constructed as the incorruptable sort of protagonist, and it's likely to stay that way. Like people have already said, he's already put up with a lot of shit, and he outright refused such temptation in his Harbingers short.
    That was before the broken shore no? He denied the powers of the guardian because he feels tempted by it and he doesnt trust himself with that power, he isnt beyond corruption, the temptation is there, he wants it, he craves it, but he has to make the difficult decision to turn it down, and thats before the demonlords step foot on azeroth, before the threat is real. with pressure from the horde, alliance and kirin tor to take the power to fight the legion, with cities decimated and our forces getting wiped out, with almost all hope lost it would quickly become the wrong decision to not take the power, which happens to be what the legion wants.

So realistically, the question isnt whether he can be corrupted or not, but rather what would it take?
    Everyone has their breaking point

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Could be because he is already a dreadlord.
    This is the dumbest shit I've read all week, +1
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

No, I can't imagine Khadgar being a corrupted Guardian.

I can imagine him being killed though as I'm not sure where his story can go to after Gul'dan and other Legion bads are gone.

I can see Illidan replacing Khadgar as our expansion NPC buddy.

we have absolutely no idea whether that was their end game or just a small test, we still dont know of the scope of their plans at all.

The short would be bizarre if he were already a dreadlord, or already corrupted. Seems weird that a dreadlord would put on a disguise and try to tempt another dreadlord in disguise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    That was before the broken shore no? He denied the powers of the guardian because he feels tempted by it and he doesnt trust himself with that power, he isnt beyond corruption, the temptation is there, he wants it, he craves it, but he has to make the difficult decision to turn it down, and thats before the demonlords step foot on azeroth, before the threat is real. with pressure from the horde, alliance and kirin tor to take the power to fight the legion, with cities decimated and our forces getting wiped out, with almost all hope lost it would quickly become the wrong decision to not take the power, which happens to be what the legion wants.

So realistically, the question isnt whether he can be corrupted or not, but rather what would it take?
    Everyone has their breaking point

I was under he impression that the short took place after the Broken Shore, like a lot of the material we've seen. It was suggested that he was being chased, and a dreadlord was already there, which seems post invasion-y.

In any case, Khadgar is no stranger to the Legion, at all. Remember, he spent ages in Outland, and his commitment to finding Gul'dsn early on was driven entirely by how much of a threat he regards the Legion as. I think that the short was meant to be a pretty clear demonstration that he's got a level head about the whole thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I think Khadgar is the newest pet project of writing up this big, expansive story arc only to have it turn out as a 'shock' to become evil in the end. Blizzard tends to try to suprise their players by making the ones we're sure is gonna turn out evil to turn out good and the other way around. I'll bet you Jaina gets a redemption story, Sylvanas is currently going through hers' where Genn is gonna turn out to be a bad guy, Anduin is gonna make some morally dubious decisions sooner or later and so on.

Eeh? Talk to us again after questing in Stormheim. Sylvanas is still up to no good.

On topic, it probably will happen. Khadgar is too cool for Blizzard to keep around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure they could use the fact that he was stabbed but a fel corrupted blade and the poison slowly took him over thus corrupting him. I hope not tho he's and enjoyable character
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I'm not a big fan of Khadgar, so I wouldn't mind. He's never been a very interesting character to me.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Eeh? Talk to us again after questing in Stormheim. Sylvanas is still up to no good.

On topic, it probably will happen. Khadgar is too cool for Blizzard to keep around.
    Considering she was given a broken horde and the continued thing about her people not being able to breed 'no good' could very well just be securing the future of the horde, unless I've missed anything we still dont know exactly what shes up to?

On topic: Seems unlikely since his been shown refusing the power already

The short would be bizarre if he were already a dreadlord, or already corrupted. Seems weird that a dreadlord would put on a disguise and try to tempt another dreadlord in disguise.

- - - Updated - - -

I was under he impression that the short took place after the Broken Shore, like a lot of the material we've seen. It was suggested that he was being chased, and a dreadlord was already there, which seems post invasion-y.

In any case, Khadgar is no stranger to the Legion, at all. Remember, he spent ages in Outland, and his commitment to finding Gul'dsn early on was driven entirely by how much of a threat he regards the Legion as. I think that the short was meant to be a pretty clear demonstration that he's got a level head about the whole thing.
    Mal'ganis hates Kil'Jaeden, he has wanted him destroyed for years, so he is walking around pretending to be Khad'gar trying to ruin all his plans, just like when he took over the Scarlet Crusade/onslaught, Belthazar didn't even know and thought he was controlling the scarlets.

Mal'ganis hates Kil'Jaeden, he has wanted him destroyed for years, so he is walking around pretending to be Khad'gar trying to ruin all his plans, just like when he took over the Scarlet Crusade/onslaught, Belthazar didn't even know and thought he was controlling the scarlets.
    Do you mean Balnazzar? Balnazzar and Mal'ganis weren't working with the Scarlet Crusade at the same time. The dude that Mal'ganis possessed was thought to be dead (and really was) until shortly before Wrath started, when he returned.

I have no idea why you think Mal'ganis hates Kil'Jaeden. He hated Ner'zhul and Arthas.

- - - Updated - - -

He does, for now atleast. The short did demostrate what a corrupt khadgar could be capable of. Remember arthas was fighting the undead before he lead them as their leader, there was possibly nobody more anti-scourge than he was.

As for when it took place, im not certain, but guldan did open the portal, khadgar wasnt present at the broken shore, i think they occured simultaniously, the dreadlord could have been a remnant from warcraft III, but perhaps it is more likely that it did happen after. still, the legion hasnt technically invaded yet, thats what my point was

10+ Year Old Account
    Khadgar = AU good-guy Sargeras all along

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Khadgar = AU good-guy Sargeras all along
    Head explode.

I could see him die in the end of legion but not as a raid boss, more likely as a sacriface to save x or close a portal like he did in warcraft 2

Then why would a dreadlord tempt him..... yeah no he is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised TBH

In the tomb of sargeras audio drama there were some heavy hints at it, and khadgar did sound quite scary the way he was hunting guldan.

Kiljaedin specifically told guldan to not kill him, they have plans for khadgar at any rate, whether he be a tool, an agent or whatever.

The temptation in kharazan is a telling sign that the legion wants him, kharazan is going to be a mega dungeon come 7.1, we will likely see something big happen then as to whether khadgar gets tempted further or not.

Remember arthas was a paladin, he did everything to protect his people, and ultimately did everything to destroy them, he snapped in northrend, medivh was a protector and guardian too lest we forget, khadgar is strong but it seems the legion is intent on using him some way.

Honestly i wouldnt be surprised if he does becomea villain, whether he snaps, takes the power of the guardian to fight a crucial battle that we would inevitably lose, drives the legion back but winds up becoming an unwitting avatar of sargeras or something.
    You clearly didn't read/listen very well then since it was made clear the reason he was a tool was he was needed to help open the portal.

It is such a tired trope... I really hope not. Even a redeemed Illidan flying around as a golden angel is pushing it for me.