Main: Resto. Offspec: ?

So question for Resto Shamans (especially heroic/mythic raiders): Will you be offspeccing Enhancement or Elemental?

I'm torn right now on which. I understand that Elemental might be friendlier because of not having to change flasks, and being able to continue to stand at range, but Elemental I'm not sure is that much fun to play. Plus, Enhancement just seems better. But, changing flasks, standing in the melee mosh pit, melee unfriendly mechanics, having to learn melee boss mechanics...

Not sure which to do. Would like to hear others' opinions.

Thanks

Whichever you prefer. If you're maining restoration then that means you're going to be healing for the vast majority of the time. Your offspec really has no bearing outside of running dungeons/mythic+ as DPS and, at that point, you can play whatever the hell you want.

I'll personally be leveling/offspecing as Enhance because I feel like it's the more fleshed out spec and I just enjoy melee specs more than ranged.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

On the other hand, my off-spec has always been elemental, and I like it. It really didn't have much change for Legion, so I consider that a positive. Also, I just prefer to stand at range. Remember too that with artifact weapons, your off-spec won't be as powerful as your main-spec, so for raids if you have to switch, I don't think the expectations will be real high.

7+ Year Old Account
    This expansion is probably the easiest to go from resto to enhance, since the off pieces no longer have a stat (rings, neck) and your gear has intl/agil on it. You will need trinkets for both offspecs, so it's really up to preference at this point.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

For the fun and performance go with Enhancement.

I'd recommend enhancement, it's fun and different if you're used to playing elemental or range.
    I've been a main resto shaman since the beginning of time !

Taking gear for Resto into consideration then the optimal off spec would be Enh. But Enh is melee, and melees are always a downside compared to a range DPS. Its best to talk with your RL or your group about this.