Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why doesn't Sylvanas get hate like Garrosh did?

She did far worse in her life right? I just don't get how people could hate Garrosh so bad but give Sylvanas a pass.

She invaded Gilneas and killed a lot of innocent people.
    She experimented on innocent people.
    She spread a plague in Southshore killing innocent people.
    She used the plague to create Undead.

Why is all this brushed off like it's not some evil ass shit? But Garrosh was bashed for boming Theramore?

I have not really followed lore outside WoW but from what I've seen of Theramore when I played on Alliance they had tons of military Vehicles and supplies there. They had a War marched path from it to The Barrens. I think it seemed pretty justified as just a WoW player perspective.

I thought Pre-MoP Garrosh was one of the most badass brought up characters Blizzard had ever developed inside WoW.

Anything past Cata I tend to just ignore since Blizzard did the biggest 180 character development turn I've ever seen in my life. It made no sense outside of people crying that Green Jesus was gone and Garrosh took his place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because she's hot.

it's fine to dislike sylvanas, but it's never seemed like she's just a dumbass

garrosh a lot of the time seemed to be like, comically dumb

A lot of people like her pre-cata story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Sylvanas.
    Doesn't.
    Get.
    Hate.

AHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This thread is the best joke ever made. Thank you OP.

Deleted
    It's simple: Sylvanas is an anti-hero with a decent backstory and depth (well for Warcraft standards).

Garrosh was a moron and little else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Why doesn't Sylvanas get hate like Garrosh did?
    Because of this, from 2:55:

There were Garrosh defenders out there, when he was made warchief. There is tons of anti Sylvanas thread in the forums now. So ... I think what you are seeing here is diffrent kinds of people likeing diffrent kinds of characters.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't really do a 180. Even when it came to him becoming Warchief he talked about how he didn't think he was ready for all the responsibility that was being thrust upon him. As far as the hate goes I think it's just a bit different since from what I always say it was just the vocal minority who complained about Garrosh (like most complaining).
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Because of this, from 2:55:

She just got stomped on. Amazing! That excuses everything she does!

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Because she's hot.
    Yeah, pretty much.

You can bet if she looked anything like her 'people' she'd not nearly have the fanboys she does now.

newsflash - Alliance and Horde are at war (Alliance also kills Horde) and Garrosh ordered her to do most of these things

plague is no worse than mages or warlocks or shadowpriests or poison rogues killing people

also plenty of ppl hate her

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    She just got stomped on. Amazing! That excuses everything she does!
    The obvious point being that Sylvanas is a character from Warcraft 3. She is a legend.

Garrosh is some wuss nobody from an expansion of WoW.

Because she isn't an enemy?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    She did far worse in her life right? I just don't get how people could hate Garrosh so bad but give Sylvanas a pass.

She used the plague to create Undead.

Why is all this brushed off like it's not some evil ass shit? But Garrosh was bashed for boming Theramore?

I have not really followed lore outside WoW but from what I've seen of Theramore when I played on Alliance they had tons of military Vehicles and supplies there. They had a War marched path from it to The Barrens. I think it seemed pretty justified as just a WoW player perspective.

I thought Pre-MoP Garrosh was one of the most badass brought up characters Blizzard had ever developed inside WoW.

Anything past Cata I tend to just ignore since Blizzard did the biggest 180 character development turn I've ever seen in my life. It made no sense outside of people crying that Green Jesus was gone and Garrosh took his place.
    The reason why Garrosh got bashed was because he was a badly written character. He changed without reason, he did things which went against his core character and he was really rushed in his character evolution. Whether you like his actions or not, everybody could see that the writer, who wrote his story, was on mushrooms.

When it comes to Sylvanas, she has many things about her, which is evil. Yes she has done many bad things in Silverpine and Hillsbrad, but she has also done good things, such as backing the horde when she did not have to and saved the lives of her people many times. She is a grey character, doing bad stuff for good reasons.

What seperates Sylvanas from Garrosh is that Sylvanas is not super rushed, she is doing things attuned to her character and her bad/god guy attitude matches with her grey character. You might hate her, you might like her, but her character is one of the better written ones in WOW.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Because she has an awesome backstory and good progression. People dont hate fictional characters for doing bad things as long as its rationalized in some way, illidan did plenty of shitty stuff and now hes supposed to lead the army of light? hell alot of people love arthas, not because they think hes good but rather because he had a good story, he was one of the biggest shitlords in wows lore.

As for garrosh, his progression was all over the show, he was crying in outland 1 second, foaming at the mouth wanting to kill alliance the next, arch enemy of varian a moment later, given the title of warchief a second after that, hero of the horde next, then raid boss an xpac later. There was no cohesive development of his character, there were just a bunch of attributes assigned to him at different points, he was really hard to relate to because there was almost no reason for him to act the way he did. Its hard to root for a character where the writer doesnt know what the fuck they are going to be doing with them.

Those who actually like garrosh like him because they fill in the plot holes in his story, the official story is kind of garbage, the unofficial story isnt nearly so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    People don't want to have sex with Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The reason why Garrosh got bashed was because he was a badly written character. He changed without reason, he did things which went against his core character and he was really rushed in his character evolution. Whether you like his actions or not, everybody could see that the writer, who wrote his story, was on mushrooms.

When it comes to Sylvanas, she has many things about her, which is evil. Yes she has done many bad things in Silverpine and Hillsbrad, but she has also done good things, such as backing the horde when she did not have to and saved the lives of her people many times. She is a grey character, doing bad stuff for good reasons.

What seperates Sylvanas from Garrosh is that Sylvanas is not super rushed, she is doing things attuned to her character and her bad/god guy attitude matches with her grey character. You might hate her, you might like her, but her character is one of the better written ones in WOW.
    Yeah pretty much this. Its not the character its how they are written

because she is a hot chick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You're kidding right? She gets tons of hate. Quite a bit of it deserved.