Thread: Class Choice

10+ Year Old Account

Class Choice

Hey fam,

With Legion literally around the corner, I am having trouble deciding what I would like to main/play for the xpac.
    Having stopped playing a few weeks into BRF and coming back for the backend of HFC I have thankfully I have narrowed it down to 2 classes:

Paladin & Warrior

DPS wise, I'm not really concerned, given ret will be pretty bad (at least that's what everyone is saying), my main focus would be as a Tank.
    Prot Paladins, having been strong for quite a while, was my go to choice, but the way Prot Warriors are looking (at least on paper) seems like they could be a great tank again. In terms of play, I enjoy playing both, they each have their own niche, but I'm just wanting some input from other people who played both (possibly on beta) to give me their 2 cents. I would like to go for something that is going to be more useful/wanted rather than close my eyes and pick one.

EDIT: Will be Mythic+ & Raids of course.
    Last edited by Judai; 2016-08-29 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Additional info

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played beta but, look into slootbag's videos and preach's videos. Granted they can be controversial but they're informative imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Preach said, he finds them boring (and I think he said paly was one of the strongest), but then that's based on playstyle, which, they're my kind of thing.

Haven't looked much into Slootbags. Will check them out now.

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte EX58-UD3R | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Hz | Gigabyte GTX 580 Superclocked Edition SLI | Lian-Li PC-P50WB | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD (raid0) | Corsair RM-1000 80+ Gold | Corsair H60, 2x BitFenix Spectre Pro P/P config

Well ive done mythic + (8 & 9) on both prot paladin and prot warrior and I can tell you prot warrior was much stronger as far as damage intake. You also have a much easier time kiting on warrior. As far as tank dps goes you can push out more dps on a prot paladin. Especially with seraphim (which is very risky on high mythic +) and avenging wrath.

Have no idea how they compare in legion raids since I never got to test them.

In terms of just being a great tank Prot Warrior is shaping up to maybe be the best. As others have said Paladin will do more damage, but in my opinion they're much more boring on top of not being quite as good a tank overall.

Deleted
    I am pretty much stuck with the same problem, but my main preference is PVP.
    I did main a paladin for a while but always kept a warrior as well. I pretty much dropped my Ret Paladin for rated pvp once it was not viable anymore and I hardly could play any comp except php with it. It still feels difficult to completely drop my paladin, but I am having much more fun with fury and I also do not mind playing arms for the serious part of pvp. For my paladin the only alternative for me would be to spec into holy with which I am not really familiar. Since I am quite a busy person, I most likely will only find the time to play just one class. So it is really difficult to decide!

From what I've read and seen on streams, everything will be effective. Unless you are trying to be the top 1%, pick what you enjoy, and play that. That is the approach I'm taking, and I feel that it is the best option. There will be tuning as the expansion goes on, so what is OP at the start of Legion, won't necessarily be OP later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prknickspr View Post
    From what I've read and seen on streams, everything will be effective. Unless you are trying to be the top 1%, pick what you enjoy, and play that. That is the approach I'm taking, and I feel that it is the best option. There will be tuning as the expansion goes on, so what is OP at the start of Legion, won't necessarily be OP later on.
    This is what I'm worried about, I don't want to pick something that's gonna get nerfed so hard that its near impossible to get a raid spot.
    DPS who cares, they tune everything all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    This is what I'm worried about, I don't want to pick something that's gonna get nerfed so hard that its near impossible to get a raid spot.
    DPS who cares, they tune everything all the time.
    I don't think they will nerf something to the point of being useless. That being said, anyone who is looking to be the top 1% is not going to be asking anything here. Playing what you want is the best answer, and the one I will always give to everyone. Anyone who says otherwise is just an elitist, and can be ignored.