Deleted

Artifacts locking your spec

Hello. I apologize as this must have been talked about to death but it just hit me that if I was to level my new rogue before my warrior main I'd have to choose between daggers or swords, and I'm not yet sure which I want to play between Sub and Outlaw. Isn't that the worst design any developer could ever do? I've read that there are some catchup mechanics but I still feel, from what little I know that you still have to choose your main artifact and that's like locking yourself into a spec which is crazy to me.

Do you have to re-obtain all the power on the second artifact? When do you get the second artifact? Do I have to play Outlaw for ages before I can go sub?

Thanks. Any help appreciated.

Deleted
    I've had the feeling for a while now that artifact weapons could go horribly wrong.

Deleted
    You get your off-spec Artifact Quests as soon as level 102, which is an hour or so into the game.
    As for leveling your off-spec Artifact - this sums it up pretty much:
    http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2016/08/a...t-path-legion/

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Do you have to re-obtain all the power on the second artifact? When do you get the second artifact? Do I have to play Outlaw for ages before I can go sub?
    You'll get you offspec weapons at 102 lvl. And yes, they are leveled separately.

Such a shame people nowadays are so undecisive. Poor little people.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Do you have to re-obtain all the power on the second artifact?
    Yes. Although it will go quicker due to artifact knowledge.

When do you get the second artifact?
    At level 102.

Do I have to play Outlaw for ages before I can go sub?
    About 2-3 hours, depending on how fast you level.

Hello. I apologize as this must have been talked about to death but it just hit me that if I was to level my new rogue before my warrior main I'd have to choose between daggers or swords, and I'm not yet sure which I want to play between Sub and Outlaw. Isn't that the worst design any developer could ever do? I've read that there are some catchup mechanics but I still feel, from what little I know that you still have to choose your main artifact and that's like locking yourself into a spec which is crazy to me.

I was worried about that as well, but turns out the system is not that punishing. Basically you will get your OS weapons whenever you want after 102, and while they won't be as powerful as the main weapon you level, quite soon you will find yourself in a situation where you will be picking between a not-that-important trait for your main weapon (if it was more important, you would pick it sooner) for TONS of AP, or picking like 10 very important traits at once for your OS for the same cost. And this will increase the more Artifact Knowledge you get. At that point a single AP item will level up your offspec artifact from 0 to some actual usefulness.

Throwing most of it into Main Spec is obvious, but just giving the small percentage to your tank offspec won't hurt your MS progress too much, while making OS viable.

If you split your AP between two weapons (more to your main, maxing it first) it's been calculated that overall you only lose like a day of time, provided you are earning it consistently. The lower traits are just that much cheaper than the later ones.

People exragating to much on this theme.

Here the deal
    You have 30 point in your Assasination spec. Would you spend 546k AP just to get -10 cd reduction on cloak of shadows (the only trait left to level). Or like 1 additional energy from Combat Potency in outlaw spec, Is it really worth that much AP?
    or rather spent this AP on different spec bring it to level 25 or so?
    Increasing Artifact level is not THAT siginficant. In reality at most you only need golden traits to make it raid-viable (24-25 points for almost every spec).
    What is siginificant is relics and they just item drops that increase your artifact ilvl. You can have artifact with 34 points but with 830 ilvl, and have artifact with 1 point but with 870 ilvl.
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-08-29 at 11:42 AM.

That tool (the artifact path thing), it doesn't go live until Tuesday, if I am reading that right? (Note: question, not contradiction.)

@PragmaticGamer The artifact tool itself is live on http://beta.askmrrobot.com for dpsers. The rest will be live tonight (along with moving everything over to our live site and off the beta).
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion