Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    One thing I often see people not knowing is that havoc'd chaos bolts can procc another CB on the bracers too. 2 Warlocks in my guild have the destro bracers and are sad about it. No idea what they wished for other than Feretory if they have lootspecc on destro. I would be very happy about those bracers.

Sadly no idea what lootspecc to choose atm. Affliction looks great on ptr, but I have no idea how it will actually end up once 7.1.5 hits live.
    Destruction on ptr looks meh, but the T19 4piece is really amazing.
    Demonology has Sindorei Spite, but damn demo looks weak in 7.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    2 Warlocks in my guild have the destro bracers and are sad about it..
    Did they just be sad and not use them or something? Cause they're easily destro's most powerful berry.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Did they just be sad and not use them or something? Cause they're easily destro's most powerful berry.
    they are the kind of people too focused on single target damage
    Last edited by mmoc1c4838b61d; 2016-12-09 at 08:02 PM.

they are the kind of people too focused on single target damage
    What possessed them to play destro then?

Deleted
    What possessed them to play destro then?
    one person switched to demo now and the other one played destro forever and sticks to it.

they are not really main mythic raiders though.

oh my bad.

Yeah you can't go wrong with SinDoRei Spite + Feretory of Souls for mythic raiding. Especially for ST. For some cleave fights the Destro bracers might actually be better though
    Awesome thank you.

Any time you can cleave a decent amount the destro bracers are flat out better. They're absolutely ridiculous. Demo bracers are good for ST.

The Odr back is 8% more on spells affected by havoc, so its never actually 8% even before considering globals since a large chunk of your dmg comes from pets / guardians / rifts on all types of encounters. In cleave situations its only buffing the spells that hit the havoc target, so again a smaller amount of your total dmg. Odr is the legendary you would wear if you could wear 3 as destro in cleave situations otherwise you'd preferably stick to the belt and one of the bracers depending on ST or multi-target.

Aoe would be feretory and demo bracers ideally, though you need a large number of targets (6+) for it to really be worth aoeing, and that number gets pushed up higher with destro bracers.
    Thanks for all the info, it is really helpful. Yeah I forgot that the Odr back only buffed one target and hence it is a lot weaker than I thought. Belt and bracers all the way then! Still need to get the Destro ones though.

Deleted
    One thing I often see people not knowing is that havoc'd chaos bolts can procc another CB on the bracers too. 2 Warlocks in my guild have the destro bracers and are sad about it. No idea what they wished for other than Feretory if they have lootspecc on destro. I would be very happy about those bracers.

Sadly no idea what lootspecc to choose atm. Affliction looks great on ptr, but I have no idea how it will actually end up once 7.1.5 hits live.
    Destruction on ptr looks meh, but the T19 4piece is really amazing.
    Demonology has Sindorei Spite, but damn demo looks weak in 7.1.5.
    Yeah, bracers are amazing ! So funny to see CB flying every where
    A bit less when they bounce on a CC adds ;-)

But in terms of legendary, feretory is the must have for Destru : best dps boost in any situation (ST/Cleave/AoE).
    Bracers are fines (second best lengendary for destru i think) but are totally useless in some situation : for example on Odyn, boss are too far away from each other for the CB.

Since i got the bracer and the back, my destru is pretty good in cleave situation but i feel so bad in ST
    I think i'm gonna be forced to switch to demo for Guarm MM ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post
    Yeah, bracers are amazing ! So funny to see CB flying every where
    A bit less when they bounce on a CC adds ;-)

But in terms of legendary, feretory is the must have for Destru : best dps boost in any situation (ST/Cleave/AoE).
    Bracers are fines (second best lengendary for destru i think) but are totally useless in some situation : for example on Odyn, boss are too far away from each other for the CB.

Since i got the bracer and the back, my destru is pretty good in cleave situation but i feel so bad in ST
    I think i'm gonna be forced to switch to demo for Guarm MM ...
    yeah Feretory is great, but only because Blizzard made a huge blunder with Destruction soul shard generation. Feretory isn't even that great of a dps increase, but it most definitively improves Quality of Life. Most classes have better legendaries (looking at simcraft with legendaries Destruction is dead last even with Feretory).

Maybe you having the bracers + cloak is a blessing in disguise. Going the 2 specc route having a great single target specc (maybe Demo or Affli depending on how 7.1.5 shapes out to be) and having Destro for cleave fights.

Deleted
    I'm wondering abit about the grimoire talent tier choices. I keep reading in guides that the one to summon a second minion is the way to go for single target, although almost every warlock I've spoken to in game plays sacrifice and claims it's better in the long run.
    What's the deal, are they very even performance wise or?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipologic View Post
    I'm wondering abit about the grimoire talent tier choices. I keep reading in guides that the one to summon a second minion is the way to go for single target, although almost every warlock I've spoken to in game plays sacrifice and claims it's better in the long run.
    It might be a little better, numerically speaking, but I personally don't bother with Service because it means adding another awkward, full GCD cooldown that costs a Soul Shard.

I find it disrupts the flow of combat, and dislike so much damage being shifted to pets.

With Dimension Rift, Doomguard/Infernal and Grimoire of Service it feels like Destruction is almost as much a pet spec as Demonology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipologic View Post
    For single target service is the best choice.
    For AoE sacrifice is the best choice.

For cleave when adds are not stacked, service is still the best choice => Odyn for exemple.
    For cleave when adds are stacked : sacrifice is the best choice.
    But for exemple : Service is the best choice for Ursoc because you can't cleave 100% of the times.

For dungeon => lot of AoE or cleave with stacked adds so sacrifice is the best choice.
    For raid => depends of the situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It might be a little better, numerically speaking, but I personally don't bother with Service because it means adding another awkward, full GCD cooldown that costs a Soul Shard.

I find it disrupts the flow of combat, and dislike so much damage being shifted to pets.

With Dimension Rift, Doomguard/Infernal and Grimoire of Service it feels like Destruction is almost as much a pet spec as Demonology.
    I'm kind of feeling the same :/ I want to specc sac, I hope it's not too much of a single target loss

Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post
    For single target service is the best choice.
    For AoE sacrifice is the best choice.
    The full explanation above is really good.

I will add two things though and the first is priority damage. GoServ and GoSac are pretty close on ST but if you really wish all your damage to focus on one target then choose GoServ. Odyn in ToV (normal/heroic) is a good example for this. In the last phase you also get the extra Imp (and it's instant so can do it on the move) for more damage when you need it most. Generally on a fight when you do have to move a lot more a pet will actually pick up some of your loss so to speak. If you are GoSac then you just lose that damage when moving (though if you are great at minimising movement and/or don't get targeted by many mechanics this is not a consideration but we are not all top players). So yes I view things the opposite to Netherspark.

Secondly the reason people perhaps do stay with one spec is the hassle/cost of changing.

Technically GoSup on patchwerk/low movement ST is probably better damage. However, you have the added hassle of pet twisting for Infernal/Demo bracers. The guy is huge to the raid and gets in the way (unless they have fixed that now). Lastly if there is movement he takes some micromanagement or he is pretty pathetic trying to chase after targets and interrupting his casting (if you have ever done PvP you will probably get what I mean).
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2016-12-14 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    -snip-
    Another big reason to stick to Sac even if it's a small damage loss, for me at least, is survivability. The shield Dark Pact gives is substantially larger when running Sac, as it's based off your own health pool as opposed to the imp's laughably small health pool. With Serv I get a shield of roughly 200k, with Sac I get a shield of 2.5 million. That difference is nothing to scoff at IMO, although I'm not sure if other, higher level players factor this in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Another big reason to stick to Sac even if it's a small damage loss, for me at least, is survivability. The shield Dark Pact gives is substantially larger when running Sac, as it's based off your own health pool as opposed to the imp's laughably small health pool. With Serv I get a shield of roughly 200k, with Sac I get a shield of 2.5 million. That difference is nothing to scoff at IMO, although I'm not sure if other, higher level players factor this in.
    they take burning rush

they take burning rush
    There actually seems to be a lot of variance between the top ones, but Burning Rush seems favored overall.
    I'd only been following Baconeggcheese and Gaidax so far, who seem to use Dark Pact a large majority of the time.

Really depends, I don't think I've talented away from burning rush in like a month. I used dark pact a bit more in EN because there were opportunities for it to be more useful, in ToV you really need burning rush. In dungeons not having burning rush is freaking awful.

Burning Rush is just so good because it helps mitigate a large part of what makes warlock suffer. You don't have movement spells so reducing the time you spend not casting valuable spells because you're moving is reduced by burning rush.

Burning rush also makes orbs on Helya so much more forgiving on such a slow class.

Deleted
    Really depends, I don't think I've talented away from burning rush in like a month. I used dark pact a bit more in EN because there were opportunities for it to be more useful, in ToV you really need burning rush. In dungeons not having burning rush is freaking awful.
    I'm doing the same for a month or more... Not having BR is awful in any situation. We have plenty of HP and no basic movement speed. Sure I miss DP aswell but there is no choice there for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I simply prefer Dark Pact because it allows me to do shit that otherwise would be impossible like deliberately talking fire and not move.

BR - nothing well placed gateway and circle can not handle IMO.

Dungs, I'm not doing any besides weekly +12 and Kara.