Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Refresh Immolate at the last possible second of the buff to maintain RB buff
    It's a bad wording, should be :
    "Apply a new Immolate right after the last tick of the previously buffed immolate"
    "Applying it before the last tick will remove the CB dmg buff of this last tick"

Is backdraft really the worst tier 1 talent, I'm seeing roaring blaze as taking that spot now.
    Immolate is heavily buffed from the artifact so RB it will be better at 110.
    Last edited by mmoc07bbc36aa1; 2016-08-29 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post
    "Apply a new Immolate right after the last tick of the previously buffed immolate"
    "Applying it before the last tick will remove the CB dmg buff of this last tick"

I dont think its a "bad wording" since he clearly says "to maintain the rb buff"

Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post

But so are incinerate and Chaos bolt, sure not as much as immolate, and the gold trait towards the left side of the artifact would work well in conjunction with this talent.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    But so are incinerate and Chaos bolt, sure not as much as immolate, and the gold trait towards the left side of the artifact would work well in conjunction with this talent.
    Artifact talents boosts immolate way more than incinerate.

It greatly boosts its critical chance and damage.

Quote Originally Posted by blackops2008 View Post
    Artifact talents boosts immolate way more than incinerate.

It greatly boosts its critical chance and damage.
    Yes but does this really counteract the nerf to Roaring blaze plus the buff to Incinerate? I mean I will be doing my own testing once I get to 110 in legion because I feel that backdraft will come out ahead.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

ya its. Roaring blaze ATM is just sightly worse than backdraft atm ( at lvl 100 and without artifacts ) , when we get to 110 and get the immolate buffs roaring blaze will be better ( And even more when we get our tier that gives us 3 conflag plus cd reduction , so we'll be able to stack even more roaring blaze in a immolation window )

Quote Originally Posted by blackops2008 View Post
    I dont think its a "bad wording" since he clearly says "to maintain the rb buff"
    Yes but he doesn't say "to maintain for your next immolate" which is what people seem to be jumping to conclusions on. All he is saying is refresh at the very end so you don't overwrite your existing RB buff, thus maintaining it.

did some testings in single target dummy and mana tap is basically tied with reverse entropy at lvl 100 atleast. ( Some testings mana tap goes better but i cant get a conclusion since our mastery is too RNG )

Entropy is better because its simplier and less punishing plus entropy is better for multi target fights than mana tap so entropy wins imho

Almost all fights in the first tier arent patchwerk fights.
    Last edited by blackops2008; 2016-08-29 at 02:16 PM.

Glad to see you're making the guide brusalk ^^

From what I understand taking mana tap is a 1-2% dmg increase over reverse entropy in patchwerk / cleave. Aoe is the only place where mana tap would have a clear advantage over RE and at that point you're taking a hard look at cataclysm. Considering most players won't play as well as simcraft, I'd *imagine* most people will see better results with reverse entropy vs mana tap.

CDF is in a similar position as well, its atm supposedly a 2% increase over soul conduit, so while it is better people may struggle to fit it in the rotation especially alongside other things like trying to cram in roaring blaze and mana tap, I could see them being better off just taking soul conduit.

Roaring blaze is supposedly a 3% dmg increase over backdraft after the nerfs, so that's another thing that could be debatable for people if they're having trouble. All 3 together is obviously going to be significant vs someone taking the weaker options, but its also significantly harder to play. I'd probably try to stress that to people so they don't try to take more on than they may be able to handle and then get frustrated when they aren't getting the expected results.

All of those numbers are based on word of mouth and the early simcraft results, so take them with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-08-29 at 02:21 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Thanks Brusalk.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    Ok, I'm very confused about Roaring Blaze...it stacks? I mean from testing on live I'm seeing it doesn't, meaning I cast Immolate check damage, then conflag, check damage it's increased, cast another conflag, no increase. Am I missing something?
    It stacks for me.

As to the confusion it is probable that Brusalk meant refresh Immolate at just under its cast time (it has no travel time) left to maintain the 3 stack Roaring as long as possible.

Deleted
    Thx for the guide

Could you confirm a feeling I've been having during my (very few) Destro tests :
    Conflag' duplicated through Havoc DO NOT generate a second shard, right ? Only the one casted on the main target ?

Dimension ripper is 5%, not 4.

Legendary cloak is not an 8% increase. It doesn't apply to
    -imp damage
    -infernal or doomguard damage
    -demonic power (grimoire of sacrifice) damage

It ends up closer to 6-6.5%

@Pheonix No it doesn't. One shard per Conflag.

Icy veins guide got updated and still says to 2x incinerate and only one immolate at opening sequence which means he doesnt cast 2x immolate in sequence to boost its duration before conflagrating.... Idk what's better =|

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Glad to see you're making the guide brusalk ^^

From what I understand taking mana tap is a 1-2% dmg increase over reverse entropy in patchwerk / cleave. Aoe is the only place where mana tap would have a clear advantage over RE and at that point you're taking a hard look at cataclysm. Considering most players won't play as well as simcraft, I'd *imagine* most people will see better results with reverse entropy vs mana tap.

CDF is in a similar position as well, its atm supposedly a 2% increase over soul conduit, so while it is better people may struggle to fit it in the rotation especially alongside other things like trying to cram in roaring blaze and mana tap, I could see them being better off just taking soul conduit.

Roaring blaze is supposedly a 3% dmg increase over backdraft after the nerfs, so that's another thing that could be debatable for people if they're having trouble. All 3 together is obviously going to be significant vs someone taking the weaker options, but its also significantly harder to play. I'd probably try to stress that to people so they don't try to take more on than they may be able to handle and then get frustrated when they aren't getting the expected results.

All of those numbers are based on word of mouth and the early simcraft results, so take them with a grain of salt.
    I'm with you.
    IMO Mana tap struggling does not worth the 2% more dps.
    CDF with Backdraft would be better IMO.

Great stuff. Thanks
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Glad to see another Brusalk guide, great work and thank you for the work you've put to it.

Great guide. Good job!

Deleted
    Hi brusalk. Thanks for the guide. I was wondering about the usage Dimensional Rift. If you have 2 charges, and the remaining charge has gone through say 35 seconds of its recharge time (so 10 secs left) - and then you get proc of Dimensional Ripper, you have essensitially lost 35/45 of a Dimensional Rift. Woulden't it be better to stay at 1 charge to prevent capping duo to Dimensional Ripper?