Page 22 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What is the least amount of Artifact Power I can invest into my Scepter and still pull respectable damage in mythics? I plan to main Demo and want to invest into it's artifact, but until it's area damage is increased I feel it's best to do dungeons as Destruction.
    Last edited by Martinius; 2016-09-24 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinius View Post
    What is the least amount of Artifact Power I can invest into my Scepter and still pull respectable damage in mythics? I plan to main Demo and want to invest into it's artifact, but until it's area damage is increased I feel it's best to do dungeons as Destruction.
    Just put what you can and don't sweat it, but 16 is a magic number if you go LoF/CoC road.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Wonder if they'll change reverse entropy since rof is instant now.

• Reverse Entropy now makes Chaos Bolt instant cast.

If we believe hard enough......

Deleted
    I cant decide between two trinkes I found.

What do you think is better? 71.673 Fire damage procc or flat 1.073 int?
    Elementium Bomb squirrel Generator vs Leycoral Shard

Deleted
    I've been trying out Fire and Brimstone a bit in mythic + dungeons. But how do I actually use it properly? Against how many enemies?

Quote Originally Posted by UserNotFound View Post
    I cant decide between two trinkes I found.

What do you think is better? 71.673 Fire damage procc or flat 1.073 int?
    Elementium Bomb squirrel Generator vs Leycoral Shard
    Look for a World Quest Haste trinket.

I have a doubt with Grimore of Sacrifice proc... It say in wowhead it procs (20 + haste)PPM, this haste factor how much is? Our haste, or it had it own haste to calculate? I was thinking it may be a haste point where GoSac could out number GoServ, or be really close for below, but making us ussing the SS in a Chaos Bolt instead.

Would you suggest getting my AP refunded to follow what you did or just start building from where I'm at?

Quote Originally Posted by hershey97 View Post
    Would you suggest getting my AP refunded to follow what you did or just start building from where I'm at?
    Unless you are extremely early (like less than 12 points spent) and did something really really odd I wouldn't refund, I'd just keep going.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there any specific haste cap we should go for before we start stacking crit?

I'm currently at 33% Haste and 21% Crit and I'm honestly wondering what to strive for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexenar View Post
    Is there any specific haste cap we should go for before we start stacking crit?

I'm currently at 33% Haste and 21% Crit and I'm honestly wondering what to strive for.
    That's basically spot on for the kind of relative balance you want. Don't sacrifice significant ilvls to avoid vers / mastery though, as they aren't very far behind haste / crit.

Deleted
    I've been playing around with the sims to see what talents are best for single target fights and see what the talents do to my secondary stat weights and had some strange results compared to the guide

Sacrifice and service where within 100 dps of each other and supremacy was 7k infront of them both and raised the value of all my secondary stats.

The best combo was

BD
    RE
    ERAD
    Supremacy
    SC

Is this a bug in sc because the guide says it's a no no

Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaper9 View Post
    I've been playing around with the sims to see what talents are best for single target fights and see what the talents do to my secondary stat weights and had some strange results compared to the guide

Sacrifice and service where within 100 dps of each other and supremacy was 7k infront of them both and raised the value of all my secondary stats.

The best combo was

BD
    RE
    ERAD
    Supremacy
    SC

Is this a bug in sc because the guide says it's a no no
    Is that with or without the damage buff hotfixes? How recent a simc is it?

Deleted
    I downloaded the latest live simc yesterday without the buffs

I was just looking to see the difference between passive talents vs management and to see the rough value of secondary stats

Every combination was pretty even with no real difference in dps. All of my secondary starts where in the low 4s. Then I tried the combination I listed and I jumped from 215k dps to 222k dps and all secondary stats jumped above 5

Hm i trully dont know, but to 30% of haste and 25% crit, i always had better results with:

RB > MT > Eradication > GoSac > CDF

Dont only in live, in sims to... This is why i as asking before for data about Demonic Power proc... Because is, always, my third most damaging spell (below Immo and Chaos Bolt).

Yeah I'm finding your guys results weird, I'm consistently getting RB > MT > Eradi > sup > CDF to be higher dps. Soupreaper's setup is a 15k dps loss, and just going from sup to sac is a 12k dps loss.

Deleted
    Trying to improve my Destruction damage a bit and I am a bit confused about proper gearing and choosing talents. My mythic+ group is starting to get more competitive and I can't pull my weight as much as I would like to.

For mythics+ I tried Channel Demonfire, Cataclysm, Wreak Havoc, Fire and Brimstone, Grimoire of Sacrfice etc., but I always end up below 270K damage at the end and I would love to improve that so they are not going to throw me out. I was aiming to get 320K dps. That is still less than the Rogue and DH manage to pull throughout the instance, but I feel that would be a spot that makes me more comfortable.

My first Question is :

1) How do I value stats properly? E.g. I have a trinket with int + crit + 150haste gem and the same trinket with int + haste but without the socket. Both ilvl 840. People say Haste is better than crit, but the crit trinket does have a socket with grants a "free" 150haste.
    I really don't know how to optimize that. I have so many items with stats like versatility/mastery and I can't rely on my intuition. Many items with 10 ilvl better, but they have vers/mastery instead of haste/crit. Is the int/stamina worth it?
    Really difficult in my opinion

2) The talents are fun, but they feel so situational. My rogue friend in the group says he always uses the same build and it is good for AoE and Single Target. If I could I'd want to swap my talents for every boss and trash, but I can't afford the tomes since they are rare and expensive to find on the Auction House.

3) Is the final golden trait really good? The one that makes incinerate 5% chance to give a Rift charge. Do we really want to spam incinerate for a 5% chance to give us a spell that takes a global cooldown. It seems very very weak, but maybe that is just me.

4) is it worth pickung up Burning Rush for movement heavy fights? It is a fun talent, but I don't want to stress the healers more.
    My stats :

24% Crit
    22% Haste
    55% Mastery
    31000 int
    2% Versatility

ilvl 848

Thank you guys

Deleted
    Are any others getting similar results with their characters? Seems a huge gain for a passive talent.

I tested it again today with different combinations of talents then I tried it on next week's patch and it's coming out way ahead. I can use simcraft but I'm more expert with it, don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's bugged. Be nice if it's true lol

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    - I don't like taking BD without CDF. Seems like when I did I often got only one CB per Backdraft because RNG, and on single target I don't generate enough shards outside of conflag to be able to have 3 shards going into each conflag.
    Backdraft speeds up channel demonfire?
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaper9 View Post
    Are any others getting similar results with their characters? Seems a huge gain for a passive talent.
    It sims a tiny bit higher for me too, like 0.5% higher.