Page 23 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Whats the general opener right now?

Also; I have an issue choosing between what two trinkets I want to use. I have an 840ilvl Devilsaurs shock baton, and I have an 865 Bough of Corruption and 865 Wriggling Sinew. Between these three, what should I be using? I know the devilsaurs shock baton does a LOOTTT of damage. But it's less crit than the Wriggling Sinew, and Im not sure how the Bough of Corruption is.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaper9 View Post
    I downloaded the latest live simc yesterday without the buffs

I was just looking to see the difference between passive talents vs management and to see the rough value of secondary stats

Every combination was pretty even with no real difference in dps. All of my secondary starts where in the low 4s. Then I tried the combination I listed and I jumped from 215k dps to 222k dps and all secondary stats jumped above 5
    For Supremacy do you use Doomguard?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    For Supremacy do you use Doomguard?
    I want to know if you have to swap your pets out to trigger lord of flames in the start, seems like a real chore

I would use Supremacy, but having to pet twist at the appropriate time to use Lord of Flames seems super inconvenient to me. While it may be a marginal gain on paper, that assumes perfect play when it comes to that. Plus I find myself using Sac at all times anyway since I can't be bothered to change talents for st bosses during a mythic

isn't the buff to doomguard only for demo?

Doomguard (Demonology)’s Doom Bolt damage increased by 18%

Deleted
    It has the infernal doing a very small amount of damage yes.

I've ran a lot of St sims tonight switching talents and combinations amd it's different to earlier

Now getting

RB - MT- Erad - Sup - SC

It's showing very little between Backdraft and Rb, manatap us now comfortably ahead of RE, and supremacy is 1500dps above service. Which is surprising considering its a passive talent, after doing an initial pet switch at the beginning.

Im enjoying the aoe rotation of cataclysm, f and b with RoF, especially using Backdraft amd sacrifice . Its pulling good numbers in mythic and mythic + for burning through the trash. Suffers a touch on bosses, as I go up through the levels I would need to keep respecing.

Ugh, I have trinket dilemmas. Somehow I went from no good trinkets to 4:

855 Wriggling Sinew (w/socket)
    850 Bough of Corruption (w/socket)
    850 Spiked Tongue
    845 Shock Baton (w/socket)

I honestly don't know which two of those I should use. If BoC isn't good for us, I'll trade it to another caster in my guild

Hey everyone. I've started playing my Warlock again lately, and although I'm only 835, I'm working my way up in gear gradually. I want to get much better at the class since I'm pretty awful at it right now so I thought I'd ask a few mechanics questions here.

My first question is in regards to how you use Havoc. I understand the concept, obviously, in that in the 8 second window it's typically best to try and fit Chaos Bolt in as much as possible, but tagging a second target with Havoc is a bit of a challenge for me right now. I'm currently using a mouseover macro, which is rather tedious and I think there has to be a better way. If anyone has any system that's been effective for them I'd love to hear it.

My next question is about Immolate and Conflagrate with Roaring Blaze (should I be using it even?). I understand that I never want to cap on Conflagrate charges as it's a DPS loss, but I don't want to waste them on an Immolate which is going to soon expire. This makes it require some degree of thought for how liberal I should be with my Conflagrates. Is there any rule of thumb for refreshing one? Any amount of time left on Immolate that I should begin considering it?

In relation to the above question is that of my opening. There seems to be conflicting advice in the guide, which I assume was written during the 1 Shard point this expansion. Now that we have 3 Shards at the start, would it still be smart to Immolate → Immolate → Conflag → Conflag? It seems like I would definitely miss out on some Soul Shard procs, and to me it seems that instead of pre-casting an Incinerate, pre-casting a Chaos Bolt would make a lot of sense. I would drop to 1 Shard, that is unless Soul Conduit kicked in, and then work my way back up to 3-4 during the Eradication window. It feels right to play it this way.

The last question is if there's a hard Haste cap at all. I know that Haste is very good (.91 int?) but is there ever a point where it's too much? I made a killing during the Obliterum boom, selling dozens at 12k a pop. Now that they're 4k I can probably afford 4-5 pieces of "of the Impatient." But would light crit/high haste be better?

Thanks for the help everyone. Here's a TL;DR of the above:

1.) How do you bind Havoc? Macro? Focus? Mouseover?

2.) Any golden rule for seconds left on Immolate for Conflag?

3.) Has the opening changed since the 1 Shard days? Double Conflag after double Immolate would be a loss of Soul Shards. Wouldn't opening with Chaos Bolt be smarter?

4.) Is there any haste hard cap or should I just stack that until I vomit?
    Last edited by TummyBoy; 2016-09-26 at 04:29 AM.

Just simmed my character: 848ilvl, 24% crit, 30% haste, 44% mastery, feretory of souls (not a big gain really) and it seems that roaring blaze with GoSac I'll got more dps than with GoServ=\ This seems strange.

Can you help me optimise my opener? I go: CB > 2х Immolate > 2х Conflagrate > Summon imp > Call infernal > Portals x3 > CB > Conflagrate > normal rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a side note to above, yeah Feretory of Souls is not teh OMGH gain some people think it is, it is like what... 6% or something stats aside, it's basically nice, but not essential.

Deleted
    dont know if it has been asked already but is your LoF debuff resetted when you pop it @Xavius in dreamphase?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwly View Post
    dont know if it has been asked already but is your LoF debuff resetted when you pop it @Xavius in dreamphase?
    Yes.
    /10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    As a side note to above, yeah Feretory of Souls is not teh OMGH gain some people think it is, it is like what... 6% or something stats aside, it's basically nice, but not essential.
    I would pay a million gold (all I have) for that item ^____^

Looking for help.

I have three trinkets.

865 Wriggling Sinew
    865 Bough of Corruption
    840 Devilsaurs shock trinket

Trying to figure out the best combination for the above trinkets. I feel like Wriggling Sinew/Devilsaurs Shock is better; but during some boss fights in mythic+ last night, the Bough of Corruption was doing about 2% more than the devilsaur shock trinket.

Hey guys new to the forums here!

I think this question fits in with this thread so correct me if im in the wrong place lol.

Basically my question is regarding instant casts and the global cooldown. Do you gain more value by fitting in instant casts after you cast something that actually takes seconds to cast?

Which is better on saving time in this example?:

Lord of flames -> Dimensional riff -> Dimensional riff -> normal rotation
    OR
    Lord of flames -> incinerate/CB -> Dimensional riff -> Inc -> Dimensional riff

I'm not sure if I'm making my point but it dosnt appear to make sense to cast mutiple instant cast in a row due to the global CD. If you were to sneak the instant cast in right after a normal cast of filler or chaosbolt the global CD would already be back and you don't have to wait even for a split second.

@TKSaga Hard to say, bough sims absolutely terrible and everything I've seen from it has been ridiculously bad to the point that you'd just use like an 830 stat stick over it. I'd just hold onto it and hope it gets buffed along with other raid trinkets that are underperforming.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Venommous everything is on the gcd, so it makes no difference. A hard cast is on the gcd as well, its just that hard casts are always longer than the gcd outside of special conditions.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Right I completely agree but when you instant cast it's less then the global so you have to wait a second to cast another instant. Wouldn't it make more sense to throw a dimensional riff in after a hard cast since the global is already back rather then slam 3 riffs in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by Venommous View Post
    Right I completely agree but when you instant cast it's less then the global so you have to wait a second to cast another instant. Wouldn't it make more sense to throw a dimensional riff in after a hard cast since the global is already back rather then slam 3 riffs in a row?
    Ok so, the base gcd is 1.5 seconds, lets say you have a hard cast that is also 1.5 seconds, if you spam either of those you'll get the exact same number of hits because they both incur the global cooldown and they both take the exact same amount of time to execute. The only difference is one is instant and then has to wait 1.5 seconds, where the other has to first wait 1.5 seconds and then the cast goes off.

So there is no difference in the context you're talking about, there is no benefit to weaving back and forth between them.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered.

I'm trying to figure out the optimal way to play on a cleave fight (so using wreak havoc) using RB and Conflag.

Is it better to get the third conflag in on an immolate for the last 11-12 seconds or so, or is it better to keep immolate at a full 24 seconds of 2x buffed immolate and then start fresh with another 2x buffed immolate for 24 seconds.

Obviously, if I use 3x conflag on a single immolate it's more initial damage, but that damage comes at the expense of damage in the next immolate cycle. What I don't know, but hope someone does already know, is which of these two options is more damage (or if there's a better, third way).

Makes perfect sense thank you baconeggcheese for breaking it down like that. I wasn't thinking about the time you have to wait anyway after the last instant. I see now it makes no difference which way you slice it. Now in regards to dimensional riff in general is it worth casting all 3 in a row or just cast one to get it on CD and then save the remaining 2 charges for movement intensive portions of the fight? Even if it's just to move out of some goo on your feet for a second it's still better to have something to cast then nothing at all? Slamming all 3 in the beginning of the fight just to do it dosnt make much sense where you can be casting Inc/chaos bolts where you might not have to move for the first few seconds of the encounter.