Page 24 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @bvheide Roaring Blaze usage: Pool 2 conflagrates -> refresh immolate to over 1x duration -> conflagrate twice -> wait for conflagrate recharge -> conflagrate a third time -> pool 2 conflagrate charges -> repeat

- - - Updated - - -
    @Venommous You'd typically just dump them at the start of the fight unless you need to save them for movement. IIRC they benefit from buffs (besides mastery) so you'd want to use them at the start with Bloodlust or what have you assuming bloodlust is being done on the pull. Otherwise it really doesn't matter as long as you don't cap.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Thanks dude, much apprecaited you have been very imformative!

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @bvheide Roaring Blaze usage: Pool 2 conflagrates -> refresh immolate to over 1x duration -> conflagrate twice -> wait for conflagrate recharge -> conflagrate a third time -> pool 2 conflagrate charges -> repeat
    My apologies, but to make sure I'm understanding: This would basically result in having a naked (unbuffed) immolate some of the time, correct? The fight would look like this (ignoring everything other than immolate and conflagrate):

2x immolate > 2x conflagrate > wait for conflag recharge > 3x conflagrate > Immolate refresh > pool 2 conflag charges (this is where we have an unbuffed immolate) > Refresh Immolate up to 24 second duration > 2x conflagrate > repeat

Correct?

I believe you, I guess I'm just surprised that this is the optimal rotation rather than keeping a near 100% uptime on a 2x buffed immolate.

*sigh* Thanks Obama.
    Last edited by bvheide; 2016-09-26 at 04:23 PM. Reason: FORMATTING

Quote Originally Posted by TKSaga View Post
    Looking for help.

I have three trinkets.

865 Wriggling Sinew
    865 Bough of Corruption
    840 Devilsaurs shock trinket

Trying to figure out the best combination for the above trinkets. I feel like Wriggling Sinew/Devilsaurs Shock is better; but during some boss fights in mythic+ last night, the Bough of Corruption was doing about 2% more than the devilsaur shock trinket.
    Wow, you and I have almost the exact same options. The Bough does not sim great for us right now, so I was considering passing mine to another ranged that was in the group at the time, but I really wish I could experiment with it first to test it for myself.

Like one of the above posters said though, it may change to be quite good in the future, just look at the Shock Baton, it went from garbage to amazing over night. I'd definitely not de it or anything, and maybe do some testing in dungeons to see how it plays

Quote Originally Posted by bvheide View Post
    This would basically result in having a naked (unbuffed) immolate some of the time, correct?
    Yeah, for a few ticks while you're waiting for a recharge. Problem is your conflag will reach 2 charges while you still have around 6ish seconds on the 2x immolate, with the 3rd conflag spend you get around 15 seconds of 3x buffed immolate, without it you'd have to overwrite a 6ish second immolate and just lose out on that damage as well as the 3rd stacks dmg.

Baconeggcheese, when it comes to bloodlust at the opening of the fight and depending on your haste you'll with out a doubt be able to snag a 4th conflagration buff, at what point do we start saving for the next cycle? I'm gonna assume trying to hit a 5th conflagration would be not worth it but rather save for the next cycle and try to hit 4 buffs again till lust expires? is there any room for a 5th? Even with 6 seconds the ticks hit for chaos bolt damage and with wreak havoc going is it ever worth it to fit in the 5th confalgerate?

@Venommous I don't recall off the top of my head, but you'd keep casting them until you wouldn't cap before the next cycle. I imagine the 5th conflag

Should I gimp mastery as much as possible? Currently 26.5% crit 30% haste 34% mastery

Hey destro people!

Just wanted to post I've been having great success in mythic + using this build:

Backdraft, Reverse entropy, shadow fury(saves tanks lives), fire and brimstone, dark pact, and wreak havoc.

at around 850 item level with 25%+ haste your dps should at least be competitive overall, obviously some classes will be consistently better than you in certain situations but that's just how it is.

Wreak havoc and immolate get 2-4 immolates up on trash by tab targeting and swapping wreak havoc over for quicker spread of immolate. (don't waste too much time just get some quick ones out). Then drop a ROF and a conflagration and quickly spam out 1 or 2 aoe incinerates followed by more ROF.

If the tank already has adds positioned drop a ROF first before anything else. This all works best for 4+ mobs.

This is just my personal play style, 500k+ dps with 4 mobs, add like 100k per extra. I'm 553 with legendary belt 29% haste 71% mastery. Try it out if you're struggling, or if you don't like it just keep doing what you do sent from my phone... bit messy

- - - Updated - - -

aoe is gonna be so damn easy come tomorrow

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think cataclysm is a good choice, mana tap or reverse entropy seems to give you a better overall balance

Can someone explain Erad usage? The idea of saving 4 shards up seems like such a huge dps loss to me. Just training with the target dummy, I can hover around 215k keeping the buff up but otherwise I plummet to 175 (ie waiting for the 4 shards) with 852 ilvl and then can never even get close back to anywhere near 200k.

Is there some sort of crit or haste point I need or do I just not understand something fundamentally? I have 23% Crit, 21% Haste respectively. Is my Haste just too low to be reliable or something for eradication, or just doing good dps in general?
    Last edited by CairoOvercoat; 2016-09-27 at 06:45 AM.

Ok, so I found an interesting interaction between the Xavius trinket and our spells/talents.

When the debuff is on the target, only DIRECT damage will trigger it. The initial hit of Immolate will, but the dot will NOT. Additionally, Rain of Fire will NOT trigger the damage. It will trigger from spells copied by Havoc, as well as Demonic Power, no matter what happens to trigger DP.

So, what this means is that in single target with Sac, I can usually get about 9-11 ticks of the damage each proc.

However, with either two targets with Havoc or about 3 targets with Sac that jumps up to about 20-24 ticks per proc. With 3 targets using FnB and Sac I usually get around 30+ ticks.

I feel like with a large enough pack, this trinket could end up being pretty decent, however the proc rate is pretty low to try to rely on it for aoe. It's a neat idea, but unless it gets some buffs one way or another, I can't see it being very decent for single target. For fights with stacked adds, I could see it being useful.
    Last edited by Xorn; 2016-09-27 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CairoOvercoat View Post
    Can someone explain Erad usage? The idea of saving 4 shards up seems like such a huge dps loss to me. Just training with the target dummy, I can hover around 215k keeping the buff up but otherwise I plummet to 175 (ie waiting for the 4 shards) with 852 ilvl and then can never even get close back to anywhere near 200k.

Is there some sort of crit or haste point I need or do I just not understand something fundamentally? I have 23% Crit, 21% Haste respectively. Is my Haste just too low to be reliable or something for eradication, or just doing good dps in general?
    The whole 4 shards thing doesn't mean WAIT for 4 shards, it means never go ABOVE 4 shards. If using Eradication, you will ideally cast Chaos Bolt so that it hits the target just a moment before the previous Eradication would fall off, that way the Chaos Bolt gets the increased damage as well as refreshing the debuff. The exception being if you ever hit 4 shards, cast Chaos Bolt regardless of the remaining Eradication debuff time.

So will there be any drastic changes to our choice of talents after tomorrow?

I am assuming the buff to Immolate will put RB back up the top. What about Mana Tap? Sup/Sac/Serv etc.

Thanks

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithus View Post

I am assuming the buff to Immolate will put RB back up the top. What about Mana Tap? Sup/Sac/Serv etc.

Thanks
    I have been running a few sims and my optimal talent choice funny enough is RB, MT, DS, ER, DP, Supremacy and soul conduit. this could change tomorrow with hot fixes.

The difference between using Supremacy and Service is about 7k dps for me.

To note I have not taken Lord of flames.

I'm sure there is some very simple answer that I am missing but why/how did the Grimoires change?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    I'm sure there is some very simple answer that I am missing but why/how did the Grimoires change?
    The grimmies didn't, something about the sims did.

The grimmies didn't, something about the sims did.
    A bit odd that sup wins out over serv on a sim. It should only really gain on extremely heavy movement, or am I missing something? The buff to Doomguard was only for demo iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    A bit odd that sup wins out over serv on a sim. It should only really gain on extremely heavy movement, or am I missing something? The buff to Doomguard was only for demo iirc.
    It's supposedly better before the buffs, which means they either mucked something up in the sims or it was a complete oversight. Movement shouldn't matter, since service isn't affected by movement unless you let immolate fall off.

To me the big problem about going GoSup (in addition to the lack of a cooldown to use when burst is needed) is that it requires some pet twisting between the DG and the Infernal (to take advantage of Lord of Flames). I'm not really sure how practical that is in a real fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RiainED View Post

Thanks
    RB was slightly ahead of BD even before the change. It probably remains slightly ahead now assuming you don't mess it up.

Given that every spell that is part of Destruction's core rotation received the same buff, I don't see why there'd be any changes to talents. But I'm not a theorycrafter.

It's supposedly better before the buffs, which means they either mucked something up in the sims or it was a complete oversight. Movement shouldn't matter, since service isn't affected by movement unless you let immolate fall off.
    Yeah my brain kinda flaked out there, I blame the lack of coffee. Was talking about serv while thinking about sac, while meaning serv. Movement is indeed not a factor.

So I guess that makes serv the go-to talent then?