Page 28 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey guys I have question to stat weights all guides ive seen say Haste > Crit >Vers >= Mastery but with simcraft and my char they are Vers > Crit > Mastery > Haste (crit/vers close, haste way under them)

Did I miss "a breakpoint" (haste atm 31%) or smth?

Simcraft not up to date? (7.0.3 release 2)

Help would be great

I got my legendary cloak week ago and i am a little confused. Now i've talented in Wreak Havoc on all fights in EN and my question is: Do you guys (who have cloak or even notice something about it) get feelings that 8% flat damage increase on ST spells not much compared to Soul Conduit or CDF? Because i do.

We have another warlock in our raid and he have lower gear than i but on ST fight (like Neth or Ursoc) he's a bit ahead from me (he's talented in Soul Conduit). I'am not a bad warlock and not a top but it feels like mastery does shitty rng or cloak won't work.

Stats:

his

20% crit
    29% haste
    52% mastery
    1% vers

my

19% crit
    32% haste
    47% mastery
    4% vers

And he has no legendary.

Any thoughts?

@Feelsgood I've done some rudimentary testing with the cloak on target dummies (since I was only testing for ST anyway). Wreak Havoc seemed to be ahead by ~2% over Soul Conduit with it, but keep in mind that my testing is anecdotal at best. In the end I decided to level my Demo artifact as OS for ST fights.

Deleted
    Between ilvl 855 Naraxas' Spiked Tongue and ilvl 865 Wriggling Sinew, which edges out? The sims seems to suggest Naraxas' edges out, but damn if the 950 crit on Wriggling as well as an on-demand burst doesn't seem juicy to me.

Spiked Tongue usually scores high on sims, but I really didn't see it turn out as well in real-encounter scenarios. I don't know much about Wriggling, but I think Spiked Tongue is a bit overvalued

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    Spiked Tongue usually scores high on sims, but I really didn't see it turn out as well in real-encounter scenarios. I don't know much about Wriggling, but I think Spiked Tongue is a bit overvalued
    Any basis for saying this or just pulling it out of thin air?

Everything I've seen suggests Tongue is quite soundly above sinew.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Any basis for saying this or just pulling it out of thin air?

Everything I've seen suggests Tongue is quite soundly above sinew.
    Saying "I don't know much about Wriggling but I think Spiked Tongue is overvalued" isn't saying that it isn't better than sinew; it was a comment about spiked tongue. Most of what people have seen are based on sims, which I believe overvalue the trinket. It's not "out of thin air" to suggest that you won't be getting full use out of it in real situations, because it shows up less on your meters when you have to position yourself closer to the boss/target. Being at 20 yards isn't usually all that practical so if it's just "edging out" for him, that's something to consider. though, I imagine the difference is pretty negligible either way. Trinkets are in a very underwhelming place right now.

From what I could tell, the majority of progression locks were running 2x flat stat trinkes until they got plaguehive. So the idea would be to work towards that. And even now, the two most common trinkets on logs I'm seeing are research vial and plaguehive.
    Last edited by Jondar; 2016-10-01 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    I have another question and hope to get a helpful answer^^

Do you guys favor a higher ilvl or haste?

Example: I got a 850 waist with vers and mastery and I got a 845 with haste and crit - This one should be easy as haste/crit > vers mastery, correct?

My real issue is with this one (Ive yet to find a real good one):

Currently equipped: 1.073 int 882 Haste ilvl 835
    New: ilvl 845 - 1.177 int Procc: 655 Mastery every sec for 10sec http://www.wowhead.com/item=137367/s...rge&bonus=1826

Deleted
    what talents do you guys use for running M/M+ dungeons? since it's not really viable to swap for each boss I was thinking a more general AoE/cleave one made the most sense, even if you miss out on damage on a ST boss? so FnB and Supremacy sound really good. I would love to get some input from anyone that has experience with this already though.

@sayulol Backdraft, reverse entropy, fire and brimstone, gosac, wreak havoc.
    @UserNotFound usually 10 ilvls meant the piece was better with the "worst" stats vs a piece with the best stats (this excludes jewelry since it doesn't have main stat). You need to sim yourself with scale factors and or plots / reforge plots to get a definitive answer since everyone has different gear which means stats have mildly different values. For me my stats are all almost identical value so I just go purely for ilvl while trying to maintain a bias towards haste / crit.

In the case of a trinket, I'd just sim with one trinket on and then swap to the other and sim again to see results.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-10-01 at 01:41 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @sayulol Backdraft, reverse entropy, fire and brimstone, gosac, wreak havoc.
    I can agree on that. This is a solid mythic+ build for AoE whil also makes you okay on ST.

Also it depends on your group setup. If you pull much much more groups and AoE down there is a point where Soul Conduit might become better with Rain of Fire, but Wreak Havoc is amazing for most cases.

I tried around a bit with Cataclysm and Channel Demonfire, but they don't really work well for me

I have a question about a boss like Xavius (only did on normal). In the last phase putting Immolate on how many tentacles is worth it? For the chance on extra shards to have more CBs and in theory more ST damage rather than just becoming padding.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    I have a question about a boss like Xavius (only did on normal). In the last phase putting Immolate on how many tentacles is worth it? For the chance on extra shards to have more CBs and in theory more ST damage rather than just becoming padding.
    I usually shoot for around 4-5 but never stop casting on the boss to go around and look for tentacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    With wreak havoc you really don't lose anything on the boss. You don't need to dot everything in the room obv, just enough to get enough shards going that you're spending the rest of your globals CBing.

Does anyone have stat weights

Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    I usually shoot for around 4-5 but never stop casting on the boss to go around and look for tentacles.
    Thanks Jondar for taking the time to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    With wreak havoc you really don't lose anything on the boss. You don't need to dot everything in the room obv, just enough to get enough shards going that you're spending the rest of your globals CBing.
    Makes sense thank you. Naturally it will vary depending on haste, RNG and points in Soul Snatcher etc. So have to find the just enough point.

Quote Originally Posted by sayulol View Post
    what talents do you guys use for running M/M+ dungeons? since it's not really viable to swap for each boss I was thinking a more general AoE/cleave one made the most sense, even if you miss out on damage on a ST boss? so FnB and Supremacy sound really good. I would love to get some input from anyone that has experience with this already though.
    The build I've been suggesting for a few weeks now is Backdraft, Reverse Entropy, Shadowfury, Fire and Brimstone, Burning Rush, Grimoire of Sac, and Wreak Havoc.

Backdrafted Incinerates with FnB do so much sustained AoE damage, and faster WH Chaos Bolts weaved in between Incinerates when Backdraft is up allow good priority damage on certain mobs in those packs. Burning rush lets you keep up and move fast on timed runs, and Shadowfury is a good AoE stun. It synergizes so well and you still do solid single target on bosses, especially with Lord of
    the Flames up. Don't be scared to use infernal on packs if Lord of the Flames is on CD and you're more than 3 mins away from a boss, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the above is good minus Burning Rush, it is simply no match for Dark Pact, which is bloody amazing, IMO.

Is bough of Corruption any good ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes the above is good minus Burning Rush, it is simply no match for Dark Pact, which is bloody amazing, IMO.
    Having shitty mobility is awful like all the time, whereas you basically never need dark pact.

Granted I've only done an 11 so far, maybe higher up past 11 I'll feel like I NEED it? Doubt it tho.