Page 41 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    My god... I would say yes.

It's not about Dimension Ripper, it's about taking a long long time to get Soulsnatcher on the way on top of the fact that leveling Chaotic Instability will be a pain in the ass simply because of AP scaling - and these 3 together are quite a good increase in total.

Also pick Master of Disaster instead of Fire from Sky while at it, Fire from Sky is very situational, while Incinerate you use pretty much always - and certainly do not take both. And of course do not take Planeswalker, that shit is useless.
    I would say no, soon we'll have max talents anyway. Respec at lvl 25 costs allot of AP.

And of course do not take Planeswalker, that shit is useless.
    We use a strategy on Ilgynoth where at the first opening I put down a gateway, and when we get out half the debuffed people use the portal to spread more easily.
    At the second opening I use it to get inside, and with this trait I reach the tentacles in the back 0.005s sooner! How useless is that?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    We use a strategy on Ilgynoth where at the first opening I put down a gateway, and when we get out half the debuffed people use the portal to spread more easily.
    At the second opening I use it to get inside, and with this trait I reach the tentacles in the back 0.005s sooner! How useless is that?!
    That is amazing, I regret not taking Planeswalker first! If one could get those gateway leggings, can you imagine the power? Instead I got this Feretory of Souls, #feelsbadman.

Deleted
    That is amazing, I regret not taking Planeswalker first! If one could get those gateway leggings, can you imagine the power? Instead I got this Feretory of Souls, #feelsbadman.
    There is a non-negligible amount of envy in my belly

So, I know that Blizz has been implying (or flat out saying, can't remember the specifics) that we would see some balance changes in 7.1. However, other than the talent swap, I haven't been able to find ANY destro changes for PvE. Am I missing something? Isn't 7.1 on the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    I was just wondering is there any special weakaura for Dimensional Ripper trait proc? Don't want to miss extra charge.
    I have One. I believe I got it from Not's website.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnigast View Post
    So, I know that Blizz has been implying (or flat out saying, can't remember the specifics) that we would see some balance changes in 7.1. However, other than the talent swap, I haven't been able to find ANY destro changes for PvE. Am I missing something? Isn't 7.1 on the PTR?
    It means destro is where they want it to be and isn't being changed, assuming they don't sneak something in on tuesday.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

So for a fight with BL at the end. Would you still use Lord of the Flames then? I assume it becomes better at the start and then get the bonus damage from Doomy under 20% HP? Particularly with the new pots. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    So for a fight with BL at the end. Would you still use Lord of the Flames then? I assume it becomes better at the start and then get the bonus damage from Doomy under 20% HP? Particularly with the new pots. Thank you.
    It is more powerful than Doomguard execute or not period, so of course you use it when you can get the biggest bang out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    It about triples the damage of doomguard, so the execute bonus dmg doesn't make up for it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Fair enough, glad I have here as I really can't figure things like this out. Thank you Gaidex and Bacon for the replies.

I'm starting to work on my Destro artifact (maining Demo atm) and I don't yet have the experience to work out which guides are most accurate. I've seen a lot of conflicting info and don't have enough of a handle on the spec yet to work out which advice is better.

At this point, what's the "default" build for M+ and raiding for destro? Which talents in those builds tend to be more likely to be changed on a fight by fight basis?

Thanks chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    I'm starting to work on my Destro artifact (maining Demo atm) and I don't yet have the experience to work out which guides are most accurate. I've seen a lot of conflicting info and don't have enough of a handle on the spec yet to work out which advice is better.

At this point, what's the "default" build for M+ and raiding for destro? Which talents in those builds tend to be more likely to be changed on a fight by fight basis?

Thanks chaps.
    Isn't really default but if you want minimal talent changes during fights etc you can go;
    M+: BD / RE / SF / F&B / DP / GoSac / WH

EN

Nyth: BD / RE / DS / Erad / DP / Serv / SC
    Ur'soc: Same as above (take WH on Mythic)
    Renferal: Same as above

Dragons: BD / RE / DS / Erad / DP / Serv or GoSac / WH
    Ill'gynoth: BD / RE / DS / Erad (FnB for padding kek) / DP / GoSac / WH
    Cenarius: BD / RE / DS / Erad / DP / Serv or GoSac / WH
    Xavius: BD / RE / DS / Erad / DP / Serv or GoSac / WH

So basically for heroic EN you can get through with 2 builds if you want to make minimal changes throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Isn't really default but if you want minimal talent changes during fights etc you can go;
    M+: BD / RE / SF / F&B / DP / GoSac / WH

EN

Nyth: BD / RE / DS / Erad / DP / Serv / SC
    Ur'soc: Same as above (take WH on Mythic)
    Renferal: Same as above

Dragons: BD / RE / DS / Erad / DP / Serv or GoSac / WH
    Ill'gynoth: BD / RE / DS / Erad (FnB for padding kek) / DP / GoSac / WH
    Cenarius: BD / RE / DS / Erad / DP / Serv or GoSac / WH
    Xavius: BD / RE / DS / Erad / DP / Serv or GoSac / WH

So basically for heroic EN you can get through with 2 builds if you want to make minimal changes throughout.
    Thanks a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    So...

Doomguard’s Doom Bolts damage increased by 13%.

That pretty much makes Supremacy > Service for sure, eh? It already was kinda ahead, just not used because the whole Infernals fiasco, with this it is pretty much the single target choice for sure.

Hey All,

Just letting you all know that I'm taking a comprehensive look through the guide tonight to update any outdated info for 7.1 release.

If any of you guys know of something that is plain incorrect or is questionable advice in the guide, please let me know in a response here or via PM so I can take a special look at it. I'd be really appreciative!

So...

Doomguard’s Doom Bolts damage increased by 13%.

That pretty much makes Supremacy > Service for sure, eh? It already was kinda ahead, just not used because the whole Infernals fiasco, with this it is pretty much the single target choice for sure.
    This seems really awkward. So we're going to be starting with infernal for LOF, then summoning Doomguard? Or is the time spent summoning not going to be worth it given the buff? Rendering an artifact trait useless?

Deleted
    Ugh those 7.1 patchnotes for real?

I mean I didn't have any hopes but somehonw I lost that last bit of additional hope I didn't even know I still had.

Seeing our defensive get a beefy nerf and not adding anything at all for destruction hurts quite a bit tbh. Especially in the light of soooo many other speccs getting quite big buffs. Fury, Ice, Frost, Arcane, Outlaw, Survival even Retribution and etc.

(though to be fair I actually like demonic circle)

One can only hope the destruction buffs didn't make it before the deadline and they are due in a future balance update/patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    This seems really awkward. So we're going to be starting with infernal for LOF, then summoning Doomguard? Or is the time spent summoning not going to be worth it given the buff? Rendering an artifact trait useless?
    It is really questionable if it is worth it. For real world raiding it might be useless. Good warlock specc demo for ST bosses anyways. Even people like Verdiisha specs demo for ST although he good the best destruction ST item (feretory of souls legendary)

Doomguards Doom Bolts do like what? 10-13% of our damage? then a 13% increase to that is maybe 1-1.5% increase if we are lucky. And it gets less useful the shorter the fights are and so many variables that this change def. won't be a huge thing.

Even simcraft now has Service > supremacy.

pretty meh.

Simcraft hasn't been updated officially, look at the artifact traits.

I have 28 traits into destro currently, they only show 19 so it will be off on sim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Simcraft hasn't been updated officially, look at the artifact traits.

I have 28 traits into destro currently, they only show 19 so it will be off on sim.
    You are right. It isn't updated/fully working right now.

I think if they sim with more traits and higher gear destro might be even lower than it currently is.

But I don't think anyone is taking destruction single target damage serious at the moment anyways.