Page 42 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction already got buffed, but you do not realize it - it's called a Potion of Prolonged Power.

Anyway, it would be nice if people would cut the crap and concentrate on actual mathing out the benefit of boosted Supremacy vs Service.

I claim it is a clear winner now, but I want to make sure I am not missing something, so far the only thing is pet twisting you are expected to do once per encounter, which is inconsequential.

My rough math gives Supremacy around 10k DPS advantage over Service for my character in pure ST situation at default simcraft parameters for Patchwerk encounter. That's a decent gap now, as opposed to previously it being just very tiny bit better.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-25 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I claim it is a clear winner now, but I want to make sure I am not missing something, so far the only thing is pet twisting you are expected to do once per encounter, which is inconsequential.
    I was really skeptical that sup was better before, consistently got better results from service and basically everyone and their mother uses service still which simply wouldn't happen if sup was as much better as it supposedly was. As gross as it feels its not exactly difficult to swap the pets to get that cast off. Since you'd really only be using it ST you literally do it off the pull and then never think about it again for the rest of the fight.

Feel like if it were really already better they wouldn't be buffing it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I was really skeptical that sup was better before, consistently got better results from service and basically everyone and their mother uses service still which simply wouldn't happen if sup was as much better as it supposedly was. As gross as it feels its not exactly difficult to swap the pets to get that cast off. Since you'd really only be using it ST you literally do it off the pull and then never think about it again for the rest of the fight.

Feel like if it were really already better they wouldn't be buffing it.
    Well, we do have sims that show it to be a minor increase over Service in ST for Destruction already, just the difference was so small that it was not worth bothering due to LoF, so I think that's why nobody really used it.

But with extra buff now, I think it will change things. As to why it is buffed, I think it's the usual case of Blizzard buffing talent that was underused or a cooldown which was meh.

Side note - I did expect at least some discussion about it though, instead the last half page is a bunch of disappointing rants really, shame that crap bleeds to this thread to.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-10-25 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Isn't really default but if you want minimal talent changes during fights etc you can go;
    M+: BD / RE / SF / F&B / DP / GoSac / WH

EN

Nyth: BD / RE / DS / Erad / DP / Serv / SC
    Ur'soc: Same as above (take WH on Mythic)
    Renferal: Same as above

Dragons: BD / RE / DS / Erad / DP / Serv or GoSac / WH
    Ill'gynoth: BD / RE / DS / Erad (FnB for padding kek) / DP / GoSac / WH
    Cenarius: BD / RE / DS / Erad / DP / Serv or GoSac / WH
    Xavius: BD / RE / DS / Erad / DP / Serv or GoSac / WH

So basically for heroic EN you can get through with 2 builds if you want to make minimal changes throughout.
    Can you explain me please the use of BD on all type of fights both at M+ and raids?
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    Why BD ?
    *Shadowburn is bad
    *RB sims a little higher but hard to execute perfectly in all situations (timing adds death, having to time conflag).

Erad is also viable for M+ (depends of the dj, and mostly if the tank is packing a lot of adds or not)

Also for the supremacy, how are we supposed to use LoF ?
    At the pull ?
    During BL ?
    During BL if not < 20% ?
    And do we need to "summon infernal, launch LoF, summon doom guard" back right after ?

Anyway, all those options seems like a pretty bad game design for me ...

Well, we do have sims that show it to be a minor increase over Service in ST for Destruction already, just the difference was so small that it was not worth bothering due to LoF, so I think that's why nobody really used it.

But with extra buff now, I think it will change things. As to why it is buffed, I think it's the usual case of Blizzard buffing talent that was underused or a cooldown which was meh.
    Yeah I'm saying I was skeptical of the sim in the first place. It's supposed to be a 2%~ish increase on something that really requires no effort that you have to manage once a fight. I just don't see why not a soul would use it in that event. I know I consistently got noticeably better results from service, even though both should have no problem averaging out over a fight.

If the difference being so minor is the reason no one uses it, then a 13% buff shouldn't be enough to swing that since they were all of 2% apart, its likely going to be what a small fraction of a percent higher now? The difference would still be negligible.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

So, warlock destro didnt get buffed in 7.1 right ?

And with the trinket buffs anything change for us ?

Quote Originally Posted by xxalissonxx View Post

Potion of prolonged power, also Doomguard got buffed by ~13%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Potion of prolonged power, also Doomguard got buffed by ~13%.
    He asked for destruction buffs. You are mentioning a general warlock change and a potion that was implemented with the patch which can be used by all classes and not just warlocks.

- - - Updated - - -

There were no Destruction specific buffs in 7.1.

Trinkets seem to be mostly AoE trinkets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    He asked for destruction buffs. You are mentioning a general warlock change and a potion that was implemented with the patch which can be used by all classes and not just warlocks.
    It is a buff for all intents and purposes and the existing potion is not as effective for everyone as for us (mainly because Deadly Grace is pretty bad for us). Destruction specific or not - end effect is that Destruction output will increase in ST and overall.

Not sure how this can be negatively spun.

- - - Updated - - -

There were no Destruction specific buffs in 7.1.

Trinkets seem to be mostly AoE trinkets
    These things do affect destruction though...in a good way...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    These things do affect destruction though...in a good way...
    But not only destruction.

To be honest I would rather have destruction specific change (read: changes) and not a new potion for all classes and a small increase to doomguards doom bolt.

I am happy about the prolonged potion, but 7.1 is very much a nerf for destruction in the relative way of things. What I mean by that is that many speccs got quite beefy buffs including Frost DKs, Fury warriors, Outlaw Rogues, etc.

When I looked at the patch notes and control+F "warlock" I began to laugh and cry looking for destruction changes.

But I still think the destruction buffs somehow didn't make it before the deadline and are due in a next patch/balance changes.

My rough math gives Supremacy around 10k DPS advantage over Service for my character in pure ST situation at default simcraft parameters for Patchwerk encounter. That's a decent gap now, as opposed to previously it being just very tiny bit better.
    We have Demo for ST encounters anyway no need to ever spec into GoSup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    We have Demo for ST encounters anyway no need to ever spec into GoSup
    I disagree for 2 reasons:

1. It is always good to know what is the best possible option under different situations for a spec you prefer.
    2. There are encounters like Ursoc or even Renferal, which are mostly ST, but have some cleave and mobility component to it, which reduce Demo effectiveness to even it out with Destruction somewhat, while still being ST mainly.

Basically, it's not as clear cut day and night situation and you need to know what your spec can do in all kinds of situations, even sub-optimal ones.

1. It is always good to know what is the best possible option under different situations for a spec you prefer.
    2. There are encounters like Ursoc or even Renferal, which are mostly ST, but have some cleave and mobility component to it, which reduce Demo effectiveness to even it out with Destruction somewhat, while still being ST mainly.

Basically, it's not as clear cut day and night situation and you need to know what your spec can do in all kinds of situations, even sub-optimal ones.
    Also for some ppl which is going full Destro with legendaries and high weapon ilvl the difference is so brutal that the gap between demo and destro vanishes.

it's better use GoSup now ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    it's better use GoSup now ?!
    I believe so, will wait for updated simcraft with new pot as well to make sure.

That's for single target, naturally.

But not only destruction.

To be honest I would rather have destruction specific change (read: changes) and not a new potion for all classes and a small increase to doomguards doom bolt.

I am happy about the prolonged potion, but 7.1 is very much a nerf for destruction in the relative way of things. What I mean by that is that many speccs got quite beefy buffs including Frost DKs, Fury warriors, Outlaw Rogues, etc.

When I looked at the patch notes and control+F "warlock" I began to laugh and cry looking for destruction changes.

But I still think the destruction buffs somehow didn't make it before the deadline and are due in a next patch/balance changes.
    Buffs to underperforming specs aren't nerfs to destruction....I don't even... Between the DG buff and us having potions that are actually good for us, it's a net gain...but idk...these forums lately...

Deleted
    Should you take Cataclysm in Karazhan? It seems there's a lot of really strong trash that needs to be killed quickly.

I believe so, will wait for updated simcraft with new pot as well to make sure.

That's for single target, naturally.
    fights like dragons, cenarius and Xavius should i use GoServ? why ?