Page 60 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Do you still have to set your loot spec to Demo to get Sindorei Spite?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    I recently got my 3rd legendary, Sindorei Spite. It is a dps increase on single target fights according to sims.

My question is: is it better than the back, in a cleave situation, like dragons or cenarius?
    Well I have neither, but I am pretty sure sindorei is better in every single situation. In the very best case scenario Odr would provide a 4% damage increase throughout the fight, but in reality it is probably closer to 3% even if you fight a boss like dragons.

Sindorei however does scale amazingly well with heroism, pots etc.
    And even without any benefitial scaling sindo rei would result in a 4,2% damage increase on a fight where you use it once. Any fight that lasts like 3 minutes 25 seconds and above you can use it twice.

Odr is a legendary that does sound better than it actually is. Sure it is nice and benfitial, but Sindorei is simply the best. People who have Sindorei do north of a million dps for the first 20 seconds or so on dragons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moruff View Post
    Do you still have to set your loot spec to Demo to get Sindorei Spite?
    yepp. I wish this was warlock-wide but it sadly isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Well I have neither, but I am pretty sure sindorei is better in every single situation. In the very best case scenario Odr would provide a 4% damage increase throughout the fight, but in reality it is probably closer to 3% even if you fight a boss like dragons.

Sindorei however does scale amazingly well with heroism, pots etc.
    And even without any benefitial scaling sindo rei would result in a 4,2% damage increase on a fight where you use it once. Any fight that lasts like 3 minutes 25 seconds and above you can use it twice
    Are you sure your numbers are correct for the Demo bracers? I haven't got Spite but the belt gives about 6% DPS on ST the last time I simmed. I've seen the Destro bracers give anywhere from 4-12% in top logs (RNG ftw) though I haven't looked at that many yet to get a proper average. If the Demo bracers only gave 4% they it is unlikely that they would be classed as BIS for Destro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Are you sure your numbers are correct for the Demo bracers? I haven't got Spite but the belt gives about 6% DPS on ST the last time I simmed. I've seen the Destro bracers give anywhere from 4-12% in top logs RNG ftw though I haven't looked at that many yet to get a proper average. If the Demo bracers only gave 4% they it is unlikely that they would be classed as BIS for Destro.
    Yeah well let's say you are standing at a target dummy and use the bracers and do a 3 minute rotation. No flask no pots no heroism no nothing.
    Then you do roughly 4,2% more damage with the demo bracers (remember mastery, RNG, crit, soul shard gneration etc. etc. etc.) but if you were to do it a million times it would roughly be 4,2% better than if you had identical 910 bracers with the same stats but without the passive. Remember this is 1 time use in 3 minutes.

But and here is the big but. If you do it in an raiding environment you deal much more damage because you time it with pots and heroism and trinkets and maybe other cooldowns. This also does make it go above 6% more damage.
    Now you have to factor in fight duration.

In a 25 seconds fight the bracers would actually boost your damage by 30% !
    in a 50 seconds fight still by 15%.
    Then it goes all the way up to 3 minutes where it equals out at roughly 4%.
    But then if a fight goes longer than 3 minutes you can use it again. In a 3 minute 25 seconds fight you can use it twice with a full duration making it like an 7-8% damage increase.

(The real math, of course, is much more complicated, because you have to factor in a million things, but if you are really interested in it then simcraft has a lot of settings to explore like fight duration etc. and you can go wild)
    Last edited by mmoc1c4838b61d; 2016-12-07 at 04:16 PM.

Of course, you also have to consider that during a REAL boss fight you are not standing still at a dummy perfectly executing your rotation at all times. The important number in this situation is not "this item gives you an X% increase in damage!". It is "this item gives you more damage than the alternative", and you haven't proven that.

I mean, it's pretty safe to say that SS is better than Odr, but your numbers right there don't prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    Of course, you also have to consider that during a REAL boss fight you are not standing still at a dummy perfectly executing your rotation at all times. The important number in this situation is not "this item gives you an X% increase in damage!". It is "this item gives you more damage than the alternative", and you haven't proven that.

I mean, it's pretty safe to say that SS is better than Odr, but your numbers right there don't prove that.
    You will if you have Norgannon's like me come 7.1.5 since it virtually allows you to cast on the move 99% of the time

Stand still 8 seconds cast 5 seconds on the move when you begin moving. It's gonna be amazing.

Yeah well let's say you are standing at a target dummy and use the bracers and do a 3 minute rotation. No flask no pots no heroism no nothing.
    Then you do roughly 4,2% more damage with the demo bracers (remember mastery, RNG, crit, soul shard gneration etc. etc. etc.) but if you were to do it a million times it would roughly be 4,2% better than if you had identical 910 bracers with the same stats but without the passive. Remember this is 1 time use in 3 minutes.

But and here is the big but. If you do it in an raiding environment you deal much more damage because you time it with pots and heroism and trinkets and maybe other cooldowns. This also does make it go above 6% more damage.
    Now you have to factor in fight duration.

In a 25 seconds fight the bracers would actually boost your damage by 30% !
    in a 50 seconds fight still by 15%.
    Then it goes all the way up to 3 minutes where it equals out at roughly 4%.
    But then if a fight goes longer than 3 minutes you can use it again. In a 3 minute 25 seconds fight you can use it twice with a full duration making it like an 7-8% damage increase.

(The real math, of course, is much more complicated, because you have to factor in a million things, but if you are really interested in it then simcraft has a lot of settings to explore like fight duration etc. and you can go wild)
    Thanks for the info. It is indeed better than the back in any situation. On pull with bl and pot I was like 10% ahead of anyone else and close to our fire mage who has both the ring and bracers. So I would definitely recommend changing your loot spec to demo and try to get this legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Thanks for the info. It is indeed better than the back in any situation. On pull with bl and pot I was like 10% ahead of anyone else and close to our fire mage who has both the ring and bracers. So I would definitely recommend changing your loot spec to demo and try to get this legendary.
    XD oh rly, brb just gonna get myself a legendary. As soon as i get my 4th one im gna end up making a 2nd warlock. 515 m+ done, all emissaries clearing dem raids. just fuck this piece of shit system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    You will if you have Norgannon's like me come 7.1.5 since it virtually allows you to cast on the move 99% of the time

Stand still 8 seconds cast 5 seconds on the move when you begin moving. It's gonna be amazing.
    Im sure they'll nerf it, when every wl is using them...

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    Im sure they'll nerf it, when every wl is using them...
    Doubt it. They haven't touched Sindorei Spite, which every wl is already using. They haven't nerfed Feretory, which every destro will use.

They haven't nerfed ravenholdt's insignia, which every outlaw is using.

They haven't even buffed Wilfred's Insignia for demo, which is the worst spec specific legendary demo has and most people won't use if they have options.

The truth is you will always have a cookie cutter legendary setup so long as throughput legendaries exist.

Short of making them all niche utility, which ain't happening as they'd invite banshee wails over all the forums, you'll always have the best legendary combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Doubt it
    I'd doubt it mostly because our damage isn't exactly crazy even when we don't have to move. At the same time it basically completely removes warlocks biggest weakness, though its hard to balance that out and make those boots useful for other classes while not having them be so strong for locks. Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if it saw a tiny nerf but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if they left it alone.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Yup, the boots' value for something like fire mages who have so many mobile casts, or shadow priests with StM will likely keep those boots under the radar.

They also come with the caveat that they're only useful for boss encounters. In mythic+ trash packs even with volcanic you'd probably be better off to swapping to another legendary and then putting the boots back on for a boss.

I know I will be very happy on Odyn and Helya when those boots get the 7.1.5 change.

It's nice that at least one of the cloth general category legendaries is great in the same way Cinidaria will be for leatherwearers (30% extra unmitigated damage on targets above 85% health is pretty mean, and for tanks the 100% heal will be invaluable when pulling trash packs as rounding up the trash is easily the most dangerous period for any tank).

I feel so poopy on mythic so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    I feel so poopy on mythic so far.
    Just wait till you're out of p1.

Deleted
    as for feretory , does it changes anything on rotation / talent or ST or cleave ?

Yeah well let's say you are standing at a target dummy and use the bracers and do a 3 minute rotation. No flask no pots no heroism no nothing...
    Thanks for the info. It made sense what you said. I actually got Spite yesterday so will see how it goes.

So the best legendary for mythic raiding is probably Demo or Destro bracers depending on fight length and RNG and insert other reason here. Has anyone worked out the averages for these? It would probably favour the Demo bracers as they are somewhere between 4-30% (depending on the fight length) plus as you say you use Doomy during a higher DPS stage (with pots etc) which is not shown in this. Desro bracers I have seen 4-12% so far in logs.

What's the second? Feretory, the last time I simmed, was about 6% on ST so that's easy call.

The Odr back is 8% more ST damage so I guess without pets/Rifts etc it's about the same for a cleave fight. On a cleave fight you tend to spam CBs more and hence Feretory becomes weaker as well (I think also it only procs from the initial Immolate cast not any ticks). So would the back win?

For anything with AoE (RoF) I guess that would favour Feretory again.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2016-12-09 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info. It made sense what you said. I actually got Spite yesterday so will see how it goes.

So the best legendary for mythic raiding is probably Demo or Destro bracers depending on fight length and RNG and insert other reason here. Has anyone worked out the averages for these? It would probably favour the Demo bracers as they are somewhere between 4-30% (depending on the fight length) plus as you say you use Doomy during a higher DPS stage (with pots etc) which is not shown in this. Desro bracers I have seen 4-12% so far in logs.

What's the second? Feretory, the last time I simmed, was about 6% on ST so that's easy call.

The Odr back is 8% more ST damage so I guess without pets/Rifts etc it's about the same for a cleave fight. On a cleave fight you tend to spam CBs more and hence Feretory becomes weaker as well (I think also it only procs from the initial Immolate cast not any ticks). So would the back win?

Well the legendary ranking depends on how your group does pull.
    Basically if you don't swap gear the best combination would probably be Destro Bracers + Feretory for going through mythics+. People do underestimate the destro bracers. I would love to have them. On fights like Helya (ToV) they can be an up to 15% damage increase.
    The Demo bracers are really good for tyrannical.

Odr is really good for st bosses, as suprisingly as that sounds, because you want to run mythics+ with wreak havoc talent anyways and then you have havoc up on a st boss permanently. And overall a rather good item for mythic+.

The RoF fire increase ring is currently pretty weak. Once it gets buffed to 15% with 7.1.5 it will be pretty good for big trash packs you nuke down with cataclysm/FnB whatever you are specced into then.

I would probably just equip destro bracers (or demo bracers) + feretory and call it a day (if I had them).

The portal legs aren't that bad either. Used them for a long time and conditioned my group to use em. It does save some time throughout a run. Maybe like 30 seconds if used properly.

PS : Sephuz is actually pretty good currently but with 7.1.5 it will probably be one of the best mythic+ legendary.

Well the legendary ranking depends on how your group does pull.
    Basically if you don't swap gear the best combination would probably be Destro Bracers + Feretory for going through mythics+. People do underestimate the destro bracers. I would love to have them. On fights like Helya (ToV) they can be an up to 15% damage increase.
    The Demo bracers are really good for tyrannical.

Odr is really good for st bosses, as suprisingly as that sounds, because you want to run mythics+ with wreak havoc talent anyways and then you have havoc up on a st boss permanently. And overall a rather good item for mythic+.

The RoF fire increase ring is currently pretty weak. Once it gets buffed to 15% with 7.1.5 it will be pretty good for big trash packs you nuke down with cataclysm/FnB whatever you are specced into then.

I would probably just equip destro bracers (or demo bracers) + feretory and call it a day (if I had them).

The portal legs aren't that bad either. Used them for a long time and conditioned my group to use em. It does save some time throughout a run. Maybe like 30 seconds if used properly.

PS : Sephuz is actually pretty good currently but with 7.1.5 it will probably be one of the best mythic+ legendary.
    Thanks for the reply Conflux. I was refering to mythic raiding rather than mythic +. Does that change your answer or are you still for the belt? In dungeons yeah I would definitely take Feretory.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply Conflux. I was refering to mythic raiding rather than mythic +. Does that change your answer or are you still for the belt? In dungeons yeah I would definitely take Feretory.
    oh my bad.

Yeah you can't go wrong with SinDoRei Spite + Feretory of Souls for mythic raiding. Especially for ST. For some cleave fights the Destro bracers might actually be better though

Any time you can cleave a decent amount the destro bracers are flat out better. They're absolutely ridiculous. Demo bracers are good for ST.

Yes feretory.

The odr back is 8% more on spells affected by havoc, so its never actually 8% even before considering globals since a large chunk of your dmg comes from pets / guardians / rifts on all types of encounters. In cleave situations its only buffing the spells that hit the havoc target, so again a smaller amount of your total dmg. Odr is the legendary you would wear if you could wear 3 as destro in cleave situations otherwise you'd preferably stick to the belt and one of the bracers depending on ST or multi-target.

Aoe would be feretory and demo bracers ideally, though you need a large number of targets (6+) for it to really be worth aoeing, and that number gets pushed up higher with destro bracers.