Page 73 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    are most people now using supremacy for m+? Sacrifice seems pretty lackluster in 715 and in the few runs I did this weekend I got more damage out of supremacy (hotswapping to doomguard for ST boss fights.)
    They are all pretty lackluster when it comes to multi target compared to pre patch. So on carries or fortified I'm just using sacrifice and for tyrannical service. Although honestly with exception of nelths affliction is starting to feel like the superior choice for m+, even with far less AP and no legendaries.

the infernal definitely does more trash dps, and the doomguard didn't seem that far behind imp+grimoire on bosses. You also get a little more utility in the form of a stun/interrupt, though swapping them is somewhat annoying

it's also kinda annoying that the stun pops lord of flames, but I suppose you're normally using it on aoe pulls anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipala View Post
    Stat weights change every time u change gear pieces, but for starters u can use
    1.2 Haste (RB)/1.1 Haste (BD)
    1.0 Crit
    1.0 Mastery
    1.0 Intellect
    .9 Versatility.

are you saying i should use simcraft pawn sting if it shows versality is highest stat for me ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Debuffs are dynamic by default, so this isn't default behavior for eradication.

That's why you see so many people automatically assuming that you need to time it to land within the debuff window.
    Then why did bliz make a fuzz about Shatter?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vipala View Post
    Stat weights change every time u change gear pieces, but for starters u can use
    1.2 Haste (RB)/1.1 Haste (BD)
    1.0 Crit
    1.0 Mastery
    1.0 Intellect
    .9 Versatility.
    I've noticed a shit ton of versatility on this night hold gear, what is the new bis out of nighthold for Destro?
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I've noticed a shit ton of versatility on this night hold gear, what is the new bis out of nighthold for Destro?
    Haste is still the bis stat followed by crit until you reach a cap.
    But the higher your ilv and number of secondary stats, the higher are the weight of versatility and mastery will be.

The best setup i'm getting is :
    haste around 30% ~11k haste
    crit between 20 and 25% ~ 6k
    Mastery around 70% ~ 6k
    versatility around 6% ~ 3k

Small and incomplete explication of the versatility stat weight (mastery works the same way but doesn't affect all our spells) :

100 damage every seconds with 20% crit, 0% versatility => 120 dps.
    You add 1% crit => 100 * 1.21 = 121 dps + (a small amount of how crit impact other spells (more shard generation for destru)).
    You add 1% versatility => => 100 * 1.2 *1.01 => 121.2

Deleted
    Could you change the following in your guide:
    "
    If you are Havoc'ing CDF, make sure that you Havoc a target that does not have Immolate. Havoc will not duplicate any bolts that go at the Havoc'd target, so you will lose damage output.
    "

CDF is not Havoc'able any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the 7.1.5. destro is not only mechanically clunky/messy and thematically poor but also one of the weakest dps class/specs in NH on average:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#difficulty=3
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Looks like the 7.1.5. destro is not only mechanically clunky/messy and thematically poor but also one of the weakest dps class/specs in NH on average:

I wonder how many top Destro players switched to Aff for NH ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    wow that is really bad, according to those logs we are very good on 1 boss, average at 1 and sucks dick on the rest..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post

sad to see that. Lots of people had high hope for destro because "we can use the full potential of havoc" and "there are not really (m)any single target fights in NH".

I guess they were wrong. me included. I thought destro would be atleast middle of the pack

Deleted
    Same

And 2P/4P are not gonna change it ...

These data sets are still pretty small.

Are Euro raids included in that data yet ? Or are they like raiding right now largely ? Or haven't even started yet ? I guess I could google timezones
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

People FOTM'd to Aff pretty hard. Something like 1800 parses the first night - more than double either of the two specs. Pretty crazy considering how far behind Aff was before.

I still have hopes; it's only Heroic and Normal. We will be able to deal out high priority damage to targets that live longer in Mythic and will do better at it while dealing with mechanics. Right now you can just ignore everything and tunnel your DPS.

The numbers are a little disappointing but it's possible that's a good thing because buffs inc?

Its weird to me that people continue to go off of statistics stack rankings.

I mean, if you went off that destro was a dumpster fire spec in 5.4, and all of wod.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its weird to me that people continue to go off of statistics stack rankings.

I mean, if you went off that destro was a dumpster fire spec in 5.4, and all of wod.
    The best is when people link the Statistics of "All Bosses" or ignore when there's only three parses on a boss that contribute to the stack ranks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    The best is when people link the Statistics of "All Bosses" or ignore when there's only three parses on a boss that contribute to the stack ranks.
    Eh? Are you for some reason unable to browse through the individual bosses and alternative data representation modes under the links I provided?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it is workable for me, but it needs refinement, too much trash added in 7.1.5 - on one hand I do feel like I have more options now, but on the other hand a lot poor mechanics are forced on what was a much smoother experience before. It somewhat reminds me of WoD Demo - a salad of abilities jumbled together, it may work, but it isn't the best design for sure.

Pretty sure they won't touch anything besides balance until this Ember Shards thing they were talking about.