Page 75 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Wonder when Simulationcraft will be updated to have Feretory of Souls proccing from Chaos Bolt.
    Did they change that? Didn't see anything in the notes
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    I thought the fights in nighthold would suit destro well but they really do not, there are way too many adds and there are like 2 good cleave bosses (botanist and elisande)? Wreak havoc that is supposed to be our specialty is not really used on that many bosses.. Feelsbadman

Deleted
    Also if you look at the logs, in a high % of cases ppl still BD not RB... no add even survives for rb duration kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipala View Post
    Also if you look at the logs, in a high % of cases ppl still BD not RB... no add even survives for rb duration kek.
    There's also that RB isn't better than BD until you have 4p, which the majority of people don't have. And even after that, people simply hate RB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Did they change that? Didn't see anything in the notes
    Well, I dont think it used to work before that Feretory hotfix.

It didn't, I just was unaware that they changed it. That hotfix only states demo spells.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like you're right at a quick fast / dirty check, shadowburn seems to proc it as well. Pita to test with the low proc rate

Guess they kind of had to in order for it to retain any semblence of value for destro with how many shards we generate making us spend so much time on CB and so little on incinerate. Guess that means it is flagged to spell type, just not spell damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, now that I think about it... that's probably the reason this entire time that it hasn't worked on CB, because it would have made it work for demonbolt. I guess they took a second look at it, realized it would still be incredibly mediocre for demo, and decided it was safe to do.

Mmmm, that's actually pretty heartening.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2017-01-20 at 05:56 PM.

seems weird that they'd give a boost to a legendary that is already performing every other destro legendary in every situation other than the new shoulders while leaving the rest of them as garbage dumpster compost trash.. and then give it multi-spec functionality. it's great for people that have it of course and it will likely boost numbers up pretty solidly for those that do.. but it's not like feretory was in a bad spot relative to the other legendaries Destro gets.

bracers and cloak are still highly situational and garbage and pyro ring is a glorified stat stick.

i hope this just means they're looking at things as a whole to find ways to tweak some numbers and improve leggos and not just "lets make already lucky players feel luckier"

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like you're right at a quick fast / dirty check, shadowburn seems to proc it as well. Pita to test with the low proc rate
    It's pretty easy to test actually... Turn away from dummy... spam Shadowburn button without actually completing the cast because of facing.

Chaos Bolt also "behaves" that way.

Enjoy.

It's pretty easy to test actually... Turn away from dummy... spam Shadowburn button without actually completing the cast because of facing.

Chaos Bolt also "behaves" that way.

Enjoy.
    Ah that's so much smarter than what I did, I just kept casting at the thing xD

If you like to play all 3 specs, whats the go to enchant for neck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully with 9% buff to CB, BD will become good enough to disregard RB and not feel guilty about it.

Hopefully with 9% buff to CB, BD will become good enough to disregard RB and not feel guilty about it.
    It's a pretty small buff on ST, only about 2% assuming CDF is still the go to talent. Guess one could sim a soul Conduit build for ST and add 9% CB dmg to see if it's better than current ST + 2%

Not much better on full cleave either, only 4%. Although maybe now we take cataclysm over soul harvest in those situations which could make it larger.

I based above off my real fight numbers. Didn't have 2pc at the time, maybe 2 or 4 pc changes it as well idk.

Don't think CB would change that, BD translates into more incinerate casts and the only interaction that has with CB is shards generated through feretory and I'd be surprised if that's enough to make up 4% dmg with that buff.

Definitely nice for aoe though as that has been severely lacking.

Destro aoe wouldn't even be bad if they made FnB baseline. They just don't want to come up with a new ability/talent to replace it.

I wonder where that's gonna put cataclysm vs soul harvest, cause cata's not that far behind SH in ST.

Deleted
    I wonder where that's gonna put cataclysm vs soul harvest, cause cata's not that far behind SH in ST.
    It'll presumably still have a niche as a legit dps CD for set burn phases even if Cata did come out ahead in ST. Probably not where Blizzard want it, but there are talents with worse niches than that out there.

Anyone else having issues with CDF in timewalking? I put the dot on stuff and smack the button but sometimes nothing happens until I recast my dot and then it works.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Anyone else having issues with CDF in timewalking? I put the dot on stuff and smack the button but sometimes nothing happens until I recast my dot and then it works.
    If you que it to cast immediately after the first immolate you're applying to something it'll break sometimes and not register the immolate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think CB would change that, BD translates into more incinerate casts and the only interaction that has with CB is shards generated through feretory and I'd be surprised if that's enough to make up 4% dmg with that buff.

Definitely nice for aoe though as that has been severely lacking.
    Well I think with Feretory fix AND this it should be enough to put RB away. For my personal case running simc after Feretory hotfix commit was added resulted in me having no difference between Backdraft and RB if I use SC, that is with 4pc ofc.

Can't sim with CDF, because it bugs Feretory in SIMC now resulting in inflated number. But I expect that to be close too, especially after CB fix goes through.

But I just hope I will be able to figure out the recepie to make RB at most 2% ahead theoretically where it is a not giving a damn area for me.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-01-21 at 10:09 AM.

Wouldn't surprise me if RoF will be a single target dps increase over CB after the changes if you have the RoF ring