Page 82 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Entenei View Post
    Awh, I see, I didn't realize they changed the talent rows around (literally started warlock 2 days ago) - Thanks.

So does the extra cast of a spell not make up for the 0.075 target requirement? meaning if you can keep it up on 2 targets for 100% of its duration and use the other cast to do some Incen damage (with no havoc) is that not viable?
    Don't worry much about rain of fire, there is rarely a situation where it hits something for the full duration. For dungeons run the fire and brimstone talent as your main aoe. Rain of fire can only complement it when you are full of shards. When there are only 3-4 targets, better spend shards on duplicated chaos bolts with havoc, that's the spec's signature ability and it's strongest point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Don't worry much about rain of fire, there is rarely a situation where it hits something for the full duration. For dungeons run the fire and brimstone talent as your main aoe. Rain of fire can only complement it when you are full of shards. When there are only 3-4 targets, better spend shards on duplicated chaos bolts with havoc, that's the spec's signature ability and it's strongest point.
    That's great thanks a lot.

Deleted
    Finally looted another legendary - the KJ trinket this time.
    I was initially a bit disappointed since I know it's worth is tempted by the fact it's taking a trinket slot, but the more I think about it the happier I am I guess - a legendary that works across all 3 specs and functions on ST. More than I can say for my other legendaries, though I'll probably keep my loot specialization set to destro once again in the hope of getting the belt / shoulders rather than fishing for an affliction / demo piece.

I'm sure the token response will be "sim it", and I probably will after a nights sleep, but any thoughts on which trinket to retire.

I've got an 895 crit stat stick and an 885 Chronoshard, which the sims put pretty close to each other, but I also had an 875 socketed SotS to get the 2 piece for chonoshard. Even beyond the extra 1000 haste that adds on to Chronoshard, the movement speed is pretty handy at times and something the sims obviously won't reflect.

Can't help but think I'm being too cutesy trying to justify fancy trinket 2 sets over the raw value of a stat stick and the 900 ilvl neck I can swap to though.

Probably too niche of a gear set to expect anyone to have off the cuff feedback over and like I said, I'll sim it in the morning, but would appreciate anyones musings on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Finally looted another legendary - the KJ trinket this time.
    I was initially a bit disappointed since I know it's worth is tempted by the fact it's taking a trinket slot, but the more I think about it the happier I am I guess - a legendary that works across all 3 specs and functions on ST. More than I can say for my other legendaries, though I'll probably keep my loot specialization set to destro once again in the hope of getting the belt / shoulders rather than fishing for an affliction / demo piece.

I'm sure the token response will be "sim it", and I probably will after a nights sleep, but any thoughts on which trinket to retire.

I've got an 895 crit stat stick and an 885 Chronoshard, which the sims put pretty close to each other, but I also had an 875 socketed SotS to get the 2 piece for chonoshard. Even beyond the extra 1000 haste that adds on to Chronoshard, the movement speed is pretty handy at times and something the sims obviously won't reflect.

Can't help but think I'm being too cutesy trying to justify fancy trinket 2 sets over the raw value of a stat stick and the 900 ilvl neck I can swap to though.

Probably too niche of a gear set to expect anyone to have off the cuff feedback over and like I said, I'll sim it in the morning, but would appreciate anyones musings on it.
    Don't bother with the chronoshard set bonus. 1000 haste really isn't much for a proc. The difference between a 900 and 875 neck will easily outweigh it.

The run speed is worse than it seems. Anytime you're using it it means you're wasting proc uptime dps-wise.

Any idea why my 885 Metronome is simming 50k dps higher then my 860 Arcanocrystal, even though the trinket sims show UAC being 5k dps better?

Ran the test twice, same gear, no buffs. Legendaries are Belt and Trinket, relics are all Immo Crit.

Okay, so talent question.

Just got my 4 piece bonus, no legendary belt. Should I continue using CDF for my 100 talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Barthelo View Post
    Okay, so talent question.

Just got my 4 piece bonus, no legendary belt. Should I continue using CDF for my 100 talent?
    Yes

/10char

Hello!

I mostly play Affliction for raiding but I was wondering if I should start off-speccing and learning Destruction. Do you think Destro is the better choice for progression? I'm not in a hardcore guild but we are progressing through heroic and I notice we always have issues dps'ing priority adds like on Tich, Chronomatic Anomaly, Star Augur, etc. As Affliction spec, I can only help so much even with a drain build.

Would it be better for those fights to switch to Destro assuming I have the artifact points and can play it semi-good?

Destructions our priority damage spec, so if you're having issues with priority damage it would make sense to swap to destruction for those fights.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Destructions our priority damage spec, so if you're having issues with priority damage it would make sense to swap to destruction for those fights.
    Thank you for the help, kind sir!

Deleted
    Destruction is our best priority damage but it doesn't have a high burst (comparing with other classes).

What is nice but sad : the longer priority adds are gonna live, the higher your dps will be with destru.

Deleted
    Guys, would u recommend 4 pieces set-bonus or 2-3 more iLvl? (im wearing the robe and the trousers).
    I can replace my Shoulders and my back but then i lose 2-3 iLvl but i get 4 piece set bonus...? What can u recommend

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Epinephrin90;44625102]Guys, would u recommend 4 pieces set

yes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    Yes

/10char
    I to have not the legendary waist. But i find that the SC to be friendly to learning fights. Once you learned to fight a little (were to stand so you doesn't need to move a lot etc) then i pick up CDF (but stil find it akward to use)
    So i don't know if with 4 pc CDF is much higher then SC. The only tallent that you can swap with the waist is erad. That tallent doesn't work like shite for me :/

Quote Originally Posted by dolfke View Post
    I to have not the legendary waist. But i find that the SC to be friendly to learning fights. Once you learned to fight a little (were to stand so you doesn't need to move a lot etc) then i pick up CDF (but stil find it akward to use)
    So i don't know if with 4 pc CDF is much higher then SC. The only tallent that you can swap with the waist is erad. That tallent doesn't work like shite for me :/

The belt is a 4-6% increase on average depending on scenario. So that is roughly the tradeoff you can expect by going with SC build with no belt instead of CDF.

I don't really understand your eradication comment. Hard to know if you were even asking a question there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    The belt is a 4-6% increase on average depending on scenario. So that is roughly the tradeoff you can expect by going with SC build with no belt instead of CDF.

I don't really understand your eradication comment. Hard to know if you were even asking a question there.
    i found that elt > eradication on my logs and i was thinking that with the belt you have a change for a shard when using CB so the belt was needed for that tallent. There are great parsing logs without the belt to but the most high parsing logs are always with the belt.

Again with the SC vs CDF, i found with my logs that CDF > SC when i understood the fight and keep my movement to the minimum. When learning the fight my SC logs were higher then CDF logs.

So if we choose CDF if we don't have the lego belt. Does that mean when T20 comes out CDF will be obsolete?

So, I'm wondering about the opening rotation with Sin'Dorei Spite. I usually do this:

Prepot and mana tap
    Pre pull incinerate x2
    Immolate
    Infernal (proc Sin'Dorei)
    CDF
    Grimserv
    Portal x3
    Conflagrate
    Chaos Bolt
    CDF
    Chaos Bolt
    Normal rotation

It feels bad because I just have too much to do but is this a sensible opening?

Is Potion of Deadly Grace still good to use or is Prolonged power better?

So... got back from the break and got my hands on Feretory... what's the story with it and 100th talents?
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.