Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    So... got back from the break and got my hands on Feretory... what's the story with it and 100th talents?
    Makes SC = CDF on sims, which means sc is usually better in practical situations.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Makes SC = CDF on sims, which means sc is usually better in practical situations.
    I see. Should I still be more invested in Backdraft when I'll get my hands on 4pc as well?
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

I see. Should I still be more invested in Backdraft when I'll get my hands on 4pc as well?
    If you prefer it, yes.

If you prefer it, yes.
    Last question then, for M+ it's still Backdraft/FnB/Wreak Havoc for Feretory/Restraints combo?
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Last question then, for M+ it's still Backdraft/FnB/Wreak Havoc for Feretory/Restraints combo?
    Kinda depends on the dungeon / level / who you're running with and how they're pulling.

A lot of the time I just go all aoe talents with the groups I'm running with (ELT / FnB / gosac / SC), but we tend to do big pulls. You may get better results out of something else depending on variables.

Kinda depends on the dungeon / level / who you're running with and how they're pulling.

A lot of the time I just go all aoe talents with the groups I'm running with (ELT / FnB / gosac / SC), but we tend to do big pulls. You may get better results out of something else depending on variables.
    Usually medium to large pulls in 10+, actually thinking some Cataclysm play. So even with Restraints still SC, and switch to Wreak Havoc for something like Halls of Valor?

Usually medium to large pulls in 10+, actually thinking some Cataclysm play. So even with Restraints still SC, and switch to Wreak Havoc for something like Halls of Valor?
    I honestly don't make much use of WH a lot of times in dungeons since they nerfed the crap out of magistrikes. Magistrikes are only good in sustained 2 target situations now, and typically things should be dying faster than what's ideal for magistrikes. I pretty much always go SC, since it actually does something on bosses and is also useful for trash aoe.

I honestly don't make much use of WH a lot of times in dungeons since they nerfed the crap out of magistrikes. Magistrikes are only good in sustained 2 target situations now, and typically things should be dying faster than what's ideal for magistrikes. I pretty much always go SC, since it actually does something on bosses and is also useful for trash aoe.
    What do you pair Feretory with? I'm kinda good with utility department between Prydaz and Norgannon, but nothing in regards for pure numbers.

What do you pair Feretory with? I'm kinda good with utility department between Prydaz and Norgannon, but nothing in regards for pure numbers.
    I'd pretty much use prydaz all the time if those are the 3 you have. Prydaz is a decent throughput upgrade while having the benefit of the extra absorb. It won't beat magistrikes in sustained 2 target, but frankly there isn't a whole lot of sustained 2 target going on right now, and prydaz will simply be better everywhere else.

I have magistrikes / sephuz / norgannons / alythess, so I swap between those depending on the situation. A lot of the time in dungeons I'll wear alythess or sephuz.

I'd pretty much use prydaz all the time if those are the 3 you have. Prydaz is a decent throughput upgrade while having the benefit of the extra absorb. It won't beat magistrikes in sustained 2 target, but frankly there isn't a whole lot of sustained 2 target going on right now, and prydaz will simply be better everywhere else.

I have magistrikes / sephuz / norgannons / alythess, so I swap between those depending on the situation. A lot of the time in dungeons I'll wear alythess or sephuz.
    Alright, practice makes perfect.. Thanks for your time, Bacon =)

Deleted
    Bacon's already covered it really, but I've not used WH in what feels like forever - just doesn't feel like it's worth it anymore which is a shame, since Havoc is feeling a bit mediocre without it - not sure how much of that is the objective truth, warped perception after using WH or just missing the old charge system. That said, I'm also not a fan of FnB which a lot of people like.

Felt like a bit of a burden in M+ early on, but I run BD/Cata/CDF and usually have no trouble feeling like I'm carrying my weight, though I suspect SC is a lot better with Feratory.

Magistrikes was nerfed to shit though, if you have any other legendaries I wouldn't be surprised if they were better.

How is destro holding up to some of the other powerhouses in M+? Just wondering if it's an alternative to affli.
    "Always remember, in a land of fel infused ancient elves, the peasant with a good banish spell is king."

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Bacon's already covered it really, but I've not used WH in what feels like forever - just doesn't feel like it's worth it anymore which is a shame, since Havoc is feeling a bit mediocre without it - not sure how much of that is the objective truth, warped perception after using WH or just missing the old charge system. That said, I'm also not a fan of FnB which a lot of people like.

Felt like a bit of a burden in M+ early on, but I run BD/Cata/CDF and usually have no trouble feeling like I'm carrying my weight, though I suspect SC is a lot better with Feratory.

Magistrikes was nerfed to shit though, if you have any other legendaries I wouldn't be surprised if they were better.
    Guess it's really affix dependent. Easier to AoE against Sanguine with FnB, lower amount of potential targets due to Bolstering to bring up the value of WH... And there's always Halls of Valor ._.
    A fan of Cataclysm though, really missed that little guy being impactful.

Deleted
    Guess it's really affix dependent. Easier to AoE against Sanguine with FnB, lower amount of potential targets due to Bolstering to bring up the value of WH... And there's always Halls of Valor ._.
    A fan of Cataclysm though, really missed that little guy being impactful.
    I've ran Cata without fail since 7.1.5 hit.

I think the current AOE rotation is far worse than the old FnB was in terms of design, but the ROF + Cata buffs made them feel decent enough, and I like how Cata synergises with CDF. I never run HOV though.

Not sure it's optimal - but I enjoy the play and it feels anecdotally fine in my setup, though it's lacking in some of the real powerhouses like mages / DKs.

The bottom line is I enjoy playing destro in M+ though. That's a far cry from on launch where you had to hard-spec into AOE or ST and even if you went into AOE it still felt pathetic compared to what other classes could do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    How is destro holding up to some of the other powerhouses in M+? Just wondering if it's an alternative to affli.
    Numbers wise, it's equal or not far behind, especially on trash. There are just 2 things that will make affli better:
    1) Destro needs much more work for the same outcome and is more error-prone
    2) Affli's self-heal is insanely helpful in the higher m+, especially when it comes to abilities that almost 1-shot

So: At comparable numbers, affli is easier, more forgiving, more tanky and more mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Numbers wise, it's equal or not far behind, especially on trash. There are just 2 things that will make affli better:
    1) Destro needs much more work for the same outcome and is more error-prone
    2) Affli's self-heal is insanely helpful in the higher m+, especially when it comes to abilities that almost 1-shot

So: At comparable numbers, affli is easier, more forgiving, more tanky and more mobile.
    could be argued destro is more tanky with 1 minute Unending Resolve. Affliction has better self healing, destro has better mitigation.

also worth noting affliction gets a long CD single target interrupt, destro gets an AoE stun. Both are good, depends what your comp needs more.

Also not sure why you think Destro is more "error-prone". What is the criteria there?

10+ Year Old Account
    In any serious M+ AoE stun is frikkin' amazing and Destruction is tough as nails with Mastery and 1 min Unending Resolve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently obtained Lessons of Space-Time and I'm trying to figure out if there's any special way I should be using Dimensional Rift. Normal rotation seems to indicate I should dump it for important burst, but I feel like spacing the casts out to take advantage of the buff would be better. Would like some help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinavi View Post
    I recently obtained Lessons of Space-Time and I'm trying to figure out if there's any special way I should be using Dimensional Rift. Normal rotation seems to indicate I should dump it for important burst, but I feel like spacing the casts out to take advantage of the buff would be better. Would like some help on this.
    You should space uses out and synchronize usage with DPS CDs (LoF, GoS, vulnerability phases, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    In any serious M+ AoE stun is frikkin' amazing and Destruction is tough as nails with Mastery and 1 min Unending Resolve.
    I really like destro for M+. I usually run with WH though especially in Maw since there are a lot of 2 target situations. It seems pretty good in HoV too.

I recently picked up the magistrike restraints though and can't figure out why they sim like garbage compared to feretory+norgannons. I was wondering if the sim was wrong or if the restraints really suck that much.