Page 86 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Visyx View Post
    It was a super daunting amount since I just wanted to see how Cry Havoc would go let alone Flame Rift.
    Unless you did your knowledge, the first knowledge level iirc quadrouples our knowledge %, and it continues to go up significantly per rank. I personally don't have the patience to test it out on the PTR as free labor just to do it again on my actual toons. Really though there's not a lot of ways it could go without it being a negative thing. Gold traits are typically 3-4% dmg increase, and this is worded as an RNG rift that gets added to the pool. There's lots of different ways you can go about it, but none of them are what people have been asking for.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    its posbile to rank legendaries dps wise in wlogs?

Deleted
    It's happening boys, my pillars are getting buffed. What a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dem Dragons View Post
    It's happening boys, my pillars are getting buffed. What a time to be alive.
    WITH MASTERY! Yay.

They actually really may be great for me when I play aff. I don't know and I don't care enough about the portal pants right now to even dig into if it's actually worth it.

I find it interesting that they've replied twice to aff posts but stay silent on destruction matters. It's really disheartening actually.

Deleted
    WITH MASTERY! Yay.
    They already do 822 mastery, the stat they are adding is haste, post on front page is wrong.

Silly trinket question: I've got a 865 Arcanocrystal, 870 Erratic Metronome and 910 Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire. Both my Not's and my own (bad) sims say I should go with Erratic Metronome and Arcanocrystal. Is this really the case? Despite the sims it feels weird to lose 40+ item lvls on a trinket for a dps gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    Silly trinket question: I've got a 865 Arcanocrystal, 870 Erratic Metronome and 910 Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire. Both my Not's and my own (bad) sims say I should go with Erratic Metronome and Arcanocrystal. Is this really the case? Despite the sims it feels weird to lose 40+ item lvls on a trinket for a dps gain.
    Pharamere's might be worth in aoe or in situations where you have waves of adds that line up well enough with its cooldown. But yeah, trinket balance is pretty out the window this xpac.

I just got my second legendary, Odr, Shawl of the Ymirjar, from reading the first page I assume I stick with Channel Demonfire as my talent choice for ST and AoE? Does my rotation change at all? As in do I now have to use Havoc on CD even on ST fights? Is it a good legendary?
    Last edited by Avikur; 2017-03-21 at 07:29 PM.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    It's an OK niche leggy for fights with constant 2 targets (Dragons in EN, Odyn probably also). You can also use it for fights with "sometimes adds" like Chrono, Aluriel, Tich, Bot. Definitely helps, but not as strong as others (best - i think - would be shoulders and belt).

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    So regarding flame rift, anyone tested this on ptr?how strong is it?

Didn't look through previous pages ( cba) to check if it's been discussed but I assume at least some people have info about it.
    The flame rift casts 10 of these:

Searing Bolt
    100 yd range
    Instant
    Requires Warlock
    Requires level 1
    Sends a searing bolt at the enemy, causing (100% of Spell power) Fire damage, and an additional (300% of Spell power) Fire damage over 30 sec, stacking up to 20 times.

ptr.wowhead.com/spell=243050/searing-bolt

(can't post links yet, figured I'd just throw this in here instead of lurk my whole lief)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf plix.

10c

Quote Originally Posted by SeethingAzathoth View Post

Searing Bolt
    100 yd range
    Instant
    Requires Warlock
    Requires level 1
    Sends a searing bolt at the enemy, causing (100% of Spell power) Fire damage, and an additional (300% of Spell power) Fire damage over 30 sec, stacking up to 20 times.

(can't post links yet, figured I'd just throw this in here instead of lurk my whole lief)
    I hope it isn't dispellable, else I would be very fucking disappointed in blizzard.

I mean there is no way a 30 sec debuff that can be dispelled won't be in 3s, and that would totally crap on this trait and make us waste an artifact charge on nothing.

Oh and thanks for linking
    Last edited by wholol; 2017-03-24 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Flame rift seems very interesting. I hope blizzard dont´t fuck up and nerf it. It seems like it could be a nice buff to our damage and worth a dps golden trait.

Well that completely kills any chance of dimensional rift being a priority damage spell. I don't understand why they keep pushing destruction into more Dots / sustained damage. We apparently really need to have 3 single target dot spots. I wonder if this rift is meant to be fairly common and that's why its capped at 20 stacks, so we'll just be refreshing that a lot of the time.

I really really hope 7.2.5 actually brings some meaningful change in a positive direction for destro, because everything thus far has increasingly moved the spec away from what made it good / compelling for the last 2 xpacs.

I have so many mixed feelings about the upcoming patch and the new traits.

I'm dying to find out exactly how it will play out on live, but I have a sinking feeling that it's gonna be one of disappointment and frustration. The current track record for destro this expansion seems to support this feeling.

I'm not thrilled about the wording of the talent of Flame Rift it being permissive is going to be frustrating insofar as that it pushes us towards more RNG. I feel like the current warlock information on traits we have and with the tentative T20 set bonuses is encouraging us to incorporate more of incinerate into our rotation which I'm not sure is going to be helpful for actual DPS gain -- again more RNG.

The 4 Piece T20 bonus attempts to shore up the RNG side but then, if you look at it, it's leaving out any potential utility to an RB spec-- which, I don't use. My point being, I think that there's a confused attempt to fix warlocks when the direction they're trying to fix it leaves out a talent that seems like no one is using which could be either buffed or replaced.

I dunno. We'll see next week.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    RB had its chance in the current tier set bonuses. Seeing it was mostly ignored by the community, it's time to be wasted in the next tier. Feel free to prove me wrong about RB (don't care actually), just posting my own opinion and the feel i got from those forums. I don't touch Discord and will not, ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Well that completely kills any chance of dimensional rift being a priority damage spell. I don't understand why they keep pushing destruction into more Dots / sustained damage. We apparently really need to have 3 single target dot spots. I wonder if this rift is meant to be fairly common and that's why its capped at 20 stacks, so we'll just be refreshing that a lot of the time.

I really really hope 7.2.5 actually brings some meaningful change in a positive direction for destro, because everything thus far has increasingly moved the spec away from what made it good / compelling for the last 2 xpacs.
    Having the Legendary destro shoulders introduced was already the first sign of making the use of rifts staggered instead of stacked. Flame Rift seals the deal and probably shows a lack of imagination from the warlock dev team, since they already build on themes they chose as superior, despite feedback and alternative suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    RB had its chance in the current tier set bonuses. Seeing it was mostly ignored by the community, it's time to be wasted in the next tier. Feel free to prove me wrong about RB (don't care actually), just posting my own opinion and the feel i got from those forums. I don't touch Discord and will not, ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Having the Legendary destro shoulders introduced was already the first sign of making the use of rifts staggered instead of stacked. Flame Rift seals the deal and probably shows a lack of imagination from the warlock dev team, since they already build on themes they chose as superior, despite feedback and alternative suggestions.
    I completely agree with you that RB had its chance this tier and it doesn't seem to be successful insofar as the lack of use of RB. I think that the T19 4Ppc was a great step in giving us a reliable form of shard generation but since there doesn't seem to be a reason to keep T19 4pc currently, the point loses its salience unless they change T20 to model it after T19.

In regards to the staggered Rifts, am I wrong in feeling like the current spec of BD//ELT//SH//GoServ//CDF or SC our dps basically is reliant on asking ourselves how much damage we can stack into ~20 sec? If that's right, then are they giving us Flame Rifts in an attempt to smooth out the damage (with an RNG proc, no less)?

I'm just so confused as to why this is the attempt they're using to smooth out damage. Destruction is great for burst and priority adds but none of our new Artifact Traits save the Conflag talent contribute to that. I look at the other traits for Aff and Demo and they -seem- fine (SotS artifact trait sure is a weird thing, though). Demo, most of all, seem to expand on the strengths of that class (I rarely if ever play Demo, though). Aff traits seem to try and fix the RNG of Tormented Souls as well as give a nice dps buff to Crit Chance.

Destruction, however, is just meandering among a solid attempt at buffing burst dps (Conflag trait), dealing with Havoc with I-Don't-Know-What, and RNG Flame Rift. I literally do not see a unified approach in these traits. Am I wrong in thinking this?

I literally do not see a unified approach in these traits. Am I wrong in thinking this?
    People have been making similar complaints about Destro all xpac.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by SeethingAzathoth View Post

Searing Bolt
    100 yd range
    Instant
    Requires Warlock
    Requires level 1

Did you get to test the number of casts with different haste levels?

If haste affects the number of casts, how many times would Searing Bolt be cast with just the artifact equipped?
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.