Page 90 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Going to be working on Elisande soon.

What legendaries do people suggest? I think I have everything bar the shoulders and ROF ring, generally using Pryzdaz plus belt, but I see a lot of logs with magistrike - do you guys think the 5% "random" damage outweighs the neck's stat stick effect on the priority targets?

Any other general tips on the fight are appreciated too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post

What legendaries do people suggest? I think I have everything bar the shoulders and ROF ring, generally using Pryzdaz plus belt, but I see a lot of logs with magistrike - do you guys think the 5% "random" damage outweighs the neck's stat stick effect on the priority targets?

If you're comfortable with the fight go with Magistrike, it does add quite some damage. Otherwise I'd stick with Prydaz for the shield (for what it's worth at least) until you are. Obviously take Wreak Havoc since there's plenty of uptime on it. If there's only going to be one add "pre-cast" it on Elisande, otherwise Wreak the pink add which (as far as I remember) is the lesser priority.

Does take some time to get a feel for the fight (for me at least) so I went with the portal pants for movement (combining with Dark Pact - I personally really dislike Burning Rush) as I was on soaking duty. Don't portal over the Arcane Rings, you'll get damaged as if you walk over them. Not much else comes to mind really, was kind of a matter of endless repetition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post

Magistrikes + belt for dps, prydaz + belt for safety.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know when the PTR will update the new Destro?

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Anyone know when the PTR will update the new Destro?
    The changes they've talked about / have been datamined are already on the PTR. Unless you mean the next build?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The changes they've talked about / have been datamined are already on the PTR. Unless you mean the next build?
    The new shard system isnt there. You still only have 5 Soulshards, not 10. Mb the UI havent been updated.

Deleted
    The new shard system isnt there. You still only have 5 Soulshards, not 10. Mb the UI havent been updated.
    Destro will still have 5 soul shards in 7.2.5, they're not changing that. Every soul shard will be divided in 10 fragments though and that's already on PTR.
    Last edited by mmoccd6b269a28; 2017-04-23 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    With Lessons of Space-Time, do you still use two Rifts back to back in the opener to make sure you're not going to waste a charge, or take the risk and only use one for the buff and then another when it runs out?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all updated, go try it yourself. You will have 5 Soul Shards, but they are actually split in 50 Soul Shard bits which are generated slowly, UI is updated to reflect it by showing shards filling partially, like Embers did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    With Lessons of Space-Time, do you still use two Rifts back to back in the opener to make sure you're not going to waste a charge, or take the risk and only use one for the buff and then another when it runs out?
    No, you spread them out, there is no risk, at worst you will just lose a bit CD time you could have saved, but benefit of spreading out is more significant.

Really hope / wish they'd make dimensional ripper give CDR instead of proccing full charges to avoid that concern all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope they will improve AoE outside F&B now, it's dysfunctional in current form on PTR.

The list of things I wish they'd do is pretty long, I tossed some in EU forums.

My primary wish is to get old Sacrifice back with sacced demon ability - I really think Destruction could use a bit of meat on its bones and Voidwalker Sac would be really good for that. Pretty fragile when you take Burning Rush, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I just hope they will improve AoE outside F&B now, it's dysfunctional in current form on PTR.

My primary wish is to get old Sacrifice back with sacced demon ability - I really think Destruction could use a bit of meat on its bones and Voidwalker Sac would be really good for that. Pretty fragile when you take Burning Rush, really.
    That's the one thing that kind of baffles me with Destruction and exacerbated by needing ELT right now. The spec has rotational use of Life Tap and arguably overdependence on Burning Rush but it's made of paper and has minimal self restoration compared to the other specs. The Life Tap and Drain Life talents are kind of jokes except when soloing.

So I have to echo the sentiment that Destruction needs more bulk and the AoE is pretty borked right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

You mean more dysfunctional than live or the same?

Cause as far as I experienced its basically the same as live except you actually get to cast RoF while spamming incinerate. Still not ideal, but a lot better than what we were dealing with.

Yeah I straight up said that if they gave us old sac back (even without the pet ability) + made RE really competitive + did something with the mastery that people would be really happy with the spec.

There's plenty I'd like to see done, but personally if at the very least sac was made a % dmg modifier again the spec would feel pretty damned good along with the changes already made.

Deleted
    I much preferred the petless gameplay of GoSac, I feel like thematically Destruction should be the Warlock spec that doesn't use a pet (sac the pet for more power).

Deleted
    It's a bit like Effigy for Affliction: Either they should fix the immensely stupid pet AI or they should make the petless option an actual option. Given that choice, they will most probably go the easy way out and make Sac stronger again

The insanity of a pet pulling other groups in m+ because it always tries to get behind its current target and for some reason has a higher aggro radius than a player, this weird pathing where a pet goes back to the last killed target (even if that is miles away), you put a pet on follow and it either goes passive right away doing nothing any more or immediately goes back to attacking after your next spell (haven't really figured out what influences these 2 outcomes). Just a couple of examples of idiotic pet behavior that would need fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    It's a bit like Effigy for Affliction: Either they should fix the immensely stupid pet AI or they should make the petless option an actual option. Given that choice, they will most probably go the easy way out and make Sac stronger again

The insanity of a pet pulling other groups in m+ because it always tries to get behind its current target and for some reason has a higher aggro radius than a player, this weird pathing where a pet goes back to the last killed target (even if that is miles away), you put a pet on follow and it either goes passive right away doing nothing any more or immediately goes back to attacking after your next spell (haven't really figured out what influences these 2 outcomes). Just a couple of examples of idiotic pet behavior that would need fixing.
    Pets should be changed to not aggro mobs they are not in combat with, anyways.

Guild Wars 2 has it, I don't get why punishing pet classes is a thing. Especially since dismissing and resummoning a demon has actual costs now so it's a shitty solution.

I rolled a warlock instead of a mage to have demons so I prefer the spec get throughput increases that are not sunk into a specific talent that makes the pet options completely noncompetitive.

The numbers buffs are simply not even close. Destro output is still way subpar in ST and AoE and they just took a sledgehammer to Havoc under the pretense that we would get the numbers buffs we needed without being held back by Wreak Havoc but that hasn't happened.

They also need to lower the cost of burning rush or institute better self healing options for destro like a baseline 15% damage done leech or Life Tap returning 200% its health cost over 6 seconds because as a destro warlock I got no mobility and all I have is a 1 minute unending resolve.

Right now destro is just a shitty version of a frost mage.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2017-04-27 at 12:20 AM.

If pet sac destro was decent, I wouldn't hesitate for a second as having it main. I like the utility we get from pets but the ai is just absolute junk and I feel like our pets have no synergy other than adding x amount of damage.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2017-04-28 at 09:01 PM.

Whats your opinion on the current changes to destro ? will you be playing it in ToS or switching something else?

I would love to hear your answers.
    Edit Signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Whats your opinion on the current changes to destro ? will you be playing it in ToS or switching something else?

I would love to hear your answers.
    Well, I tried PTR, had 4 LFR runs and a dung, so it's not like I live there, but from what I seen - the damage is there. It's really hard to gauge how competitive it will be from LFR as you understand, because even on PTR with everyone having same ilvl and artifact fully unlocked 90% of LFR group is playing with their feet, so you can't even know whether you are doing good because changes are genuinely awesome or because you are the least retarded member of the raid group. Besides, there is barely any mechanics or movement, besides Mistress that can fuck you up even in LFR if you stand in bad.

That said - those runs were fine and I found myself at the top of the foodchain in both Single Target like Goroth and semi-cleave/AoE encounters - Harjatan or Mistress Whatsssherfaccce.

As for dungs, low keystones - as usual things explode in melee deathball before you manage to do two shits about it, no changes there.

I will be playing either Destruction or Demo, simply because I can't stand Borefliction. Right now Destruction looks promising, but hard to tell without concrete data and those LFR runs are really "Feelscraft" area at best, if that.

I'm just hoping movement isn't as slanted as it was on Nighthold. It's already pretty shitty taking so much damage from burning rush and ELT combined with no way to make that damage up unlike demo/affliction.