Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Warchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Trinket question:

Stat stick 885 Int + Crit
    Whispers in the Dark 865 Int + Haste Proc
    Charm of Rising Tide 885 Int + Haste activation

I'd use the stat stick + ? I dislike trinkets I need to activate but it's got 20 ILVL more... what do you think?
    Take your time to play with https://www.raidbots.com/simbot . It's free, easy to use and gives good insight on what's good on you. Don't take it as a gospel, tho. Also, sim yourslef in the late or early hours, where queue is bound to be shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Take your time to play with https://www.raidbots.com/simbot . It's free, easy to use and gives good insight on what's good on you. Don't take it as a gospel, tho. Also, sim yourslef in the late or early hours, where queue is bound to be shorter.
    Thanks, I'll try this! I always played as a healer and am a bit out of touch with pure DPS classes (but came finally back to my first character ever, my Warlock).

Well, I just have been lucky and looted my first Legendary right now and it's not an awful one as I expected, it's Lessons of Space-Time - so what's the best way to use this? I mean opening two or three Rifts at the same time is no longer an option.

Warchief
    Thanks, I'll try this! I always played as a healer and am a bit out of touch with pure DPS classes (but came finally back to my first character ever, my Warlock).

Well, I just have been lucky and looted my first Legendary right now and it's not an awful one as I expected, it's Lessons of Space-Time - so what's the best way to use this? I mean opening two or three Rifts at the same time is no longer an option.
    BiS for Destro. Gratz. Use one rift at a time, make a buff indicator to know how much it lasts because each rift has its own buff duration (ranging from 4 to 15 sec)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    BiS for Destro. Gratz. Use one rift at a time, make a buff indicator to know how much it lasts because each rift has its own buff duration (ranging from 4 to 15 sec)
    Well, after looting several times the worst Legendaries for my other 5 110s it's finally been time that I get a BiS one *lol*. I actually hoped for it (although I had a 920 Shoulder piece) or the waist but expected to get the Ring or those nice trousers haha.

Would be nice if every Rift would get it's own buff stacking like Flame Rifts. That'd be nice.

Warchief
    Well, after looting several times the worst Legendaries for my other 5 110s it's finally been time that I get a BiS one *lol*. I actually hoped for it (although I had a 920 Shoulder piece) or the waist but expected to get the Ring or those nice trousers haha.

Would be nice if every Rift would get it's own buff stacking like Flame Rifts. That'd be nice.
    No it doesn't. Cast one at a time, recast when the buff has ended.

Trinket question:

Stat stick 885 Int + Crit
    Whispers in the Dark 865 Int + Haste Proc
    Charm of Rising Tide 885 Int + Haste activation

I'd use the stat stick + ? I dislike trinkets I need to activate but it's got 20 ILVL more... what do you think?
    The higher ilvl ones, too much int to give up.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

Finally got the 4 piece bonus and damn the gameplay sucks compared to T19. Guess I need more mastery too since I'm seeing lower dps even though the ilvl is a bit higher now.

You can use 2pc 4pc to keep the haste buff after casting a chaos bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastiekins View Post
    You can use 2pc 4pc to keep the haste buff after casting a chaos bolt.
    I know, but that would mean losing the Lessons of Space Time and I don't think it's worth it.

Quick question about Eradication. With the travel time on Chaos Bolt, when I'm in a burst period where I want to fit in 2-3 Chaos Bolts, should I be casting them "early" into the Eradication debuff? For example, I notice if I cast CB with a little more than ~3 seconds left on Eradication, with travel time the debuff will refresh itself before it expires. Whereas if I cast CB with say, ~2 seconds left on Eradication the debuff will fall off for a brief period before the next CB lands.

Does that...make sense? I guess my question is does my Chaos Bolt (and other travel time spells) calculate its damage as soon as it casts, or when it lands on the target? Do I want to cast CB with ~3+ seconds left on the debuff to make sure it doesn't actually fall off?

Spells are calculated the moment you finished the cast, travel time doesn't matter.
    There are exceptions like Shatter for mages but those are rare spec specific cases.

In the case of Eradication, you want to finish the CB cast with the debuff still left on the target.
    And yes, you want to maintain as high as possible uptime of Erad, since it buffs everything, from your GoServ Imp to your normal Imp/filler etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Walrock View Post
    ... since it buffs everything, from your GoServ Imp to your normal Imp/filler etc..
    It's not buffing the damage of the pet / rift (rift are pet).

So i got the netherlord ring yesterday and playing actually with spacetime and feratorry.
    Should i change one of them for the ring?
    Some people like Sylvanas, the rest of us are adults.

All Warlocks should remember this saying when dealing with Demonhunters: Always remember, in a land of fel infused ancient elves, the peasant with a good banish spell is king.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    So i got the netherlord ring yesterday and playing actually with spacetime and feratorry.
    In single target fights? Nope.
    In two target fights? Maybe.
    In three+ target fights? No.

The plus of the ring is it doesn't fuck up gearing tier sets.

Sim yourself, for my char its 1-2% ahead of feretory, YMMV.
    "I've carefully played this game to an endless despair"

I'm currently using the 4set T20 + 2set T19. Would it be worth giving up the T19 pieces for a 30 and 20 ilv increase? It raises my average ilv from 914 to 917.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm currently using the 4set T20 + 2set T19. Would it be worth giving up the T19 pieces for a 30 and 20 ilv increase? It raises my average ilv from 914 to 917.
    It's really individual based on what you have, you have to sim different options under different conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    It's really individual based on what you have, you have to sim different options under different conditions.
    This is often the answer; more people need to realize that due to the different combos of gear/tier/relics/legendaries/ilevels/war-titanforge and so on....along with the variety of boss fights/targets that it is very often the case that only personal sims of several boss conditions is going to give you the kind of information you need.

I see people giving advice on gear all the time, especially on discord, and it's often just really bad advice (or advice that MAY turn out to be good but without knowing more about someone's gear we couldn't possibly predetermine).

Personal sims under several conditions is usually the answer.

friends, i'm wondering if people have time to look at my destro logs for a second. i'm 5/9 and typically parse high 80s low 90s but i want them oranges and i know there are things i'm doing in my rotation that are holding me back a bit. i've just been pretty.. set in my ways, playing on a low pop server with literally no other raiding destro locks makes it hard to find feedback.. that i think it'd be nice to have some input on the things i'm doing wrong to take me to the land of the orange.

94% Goroth: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=10

88% DI: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=17

94% Harj: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=16

80% Host: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=7

88% Sisters: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=8

any small trends you notice would be great. i'm not the best at reading logs (i try) but have a hard time figuring out if i'm casting CB's unbuffed when i shouldn't be, missing erads, misuing rifts, not spending conflags properly, etc. in raid, i don't have anyone to criticize what i do.

fight suggestions are gucci too. if i'm missing anything on the encounter, a heads up would be much appreciated.

in regards to legendaries, i have every legendary Destro can use except Demo Bracers.
    Last edited by Jondar; 2017-08-04 at 07:02 PM.