Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Best video I have watched that increased my Affy DPS is Malefic Grasp by Yipz This is especially relevant for you Pvw as your drain soul uptime in all UA ticks is really really low.

Be sure to watch all of this guys videos. Stuff pre-7.1.5 though will be without MG so bare that in mind if you go back further.

If you check Terryn over on Youtube he also has several video guides as well which may be a better format for people than the written one here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Best video I have watched that increased my Affy DPS is Malefic Grasp by Yipz This is especially relevant for you Pvw as your drain soul uptime in all UA ticks is really really low.

Be sure to watch all of this guys videos. Stuff pre-7.1.5 though will be without MG so bare that in mind if you go back further.

If you check Terryn over on Youtube he also has several video guides as well which may be a better format for people than the written one here.
    Thanks homie, I've been watching terryns recently I think I'm clipping Agony too much, and not using UA enough on the Boss.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Hey, if anybody wants to take a look and tear me a part I would appreciate it!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14

Things I know I need to work on:
    -Uptime of Agony on some bosses in specific
    - Better Reap/UAx2 drains
    - Using more pots
    - Not be a freaking noob and make sure my pet is out all the time and that I have an appropriate spec for ST fights!

Any other big areas I should focus on in my rotation or usage of abilities that you all can see?
    Last edited by Tikishock; 2017-02-04 at 02:21 PM.

can ya help me out on m chromatic anomaly

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

wearing the same gear as in my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...piteran/simple

i was using malefic grasp, contagion, demonic circle, siphon life, grimoire of supremacy, soul conduit.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

Elisande is a horrible fight for affliction warlock and I'm sure I'm playing it poorly. Anyone who could give some feedback on my play during my guilds endless wipes on heroic Elisande last night would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xM9ktQpy3qzgNmWJ

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all, fellow warlock brethren here. WAs wondering if anyone could help me out by telling me what i'm doing wrong and how to fix it for affliction and one destro log. Thanks for any input everyone.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...810521/latest/

Hello everyone,

I started raiding two weeks ago, and I feel like I could be doing much more, so came here in search of answers.
    Care to help me with my logs? Need to know what am I doing wrong (Apart from missing some opportunities for using doomguard/infernal CD's)

Name: Rakkzul

Spec: Destruction

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Rakkzul/simple

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YRjh9kDm87ZqrnKL

Thank you

Here is a draft of the most common mistakes people make with Destro (hopefully updated to 7.1.5). If you are getting low rankings then you are probably have the majority of these mistakes. Learn how to do a log comparison of the same fight length and find out what issues are the most relevant to you.

Lack of haste and/or weak or low level relics (these have a very minor impact though compared to gameplay issues)

Weak talent choices

Poor Immolate uptime

Poor RB or BD usage

Poor Havoc uptime

Refreshing Havoc too early/moving it around too much onto different targets

Using RoF on too few targets

Wasted Soul Shards: Getting capped too much, staying capped too long

Chain casting CBs (if Eradication) or poor ELT uptime

Chain casting Conflags (and not using or wasting BD stacks)

Capping on Conflag or Rift charges

Casting gaps: Moving too much, forgetting to cast, no Gateway or Circle use

Missed Doomguard and Lord of the Flames use

Forgotten pet

Missed GoServ/GoSac use

Missed CDF casts

Missed SH or Cata uses

Missing enchants, flask, potions x 2, food

Not syncing second potions with DPS cooldowns/other buffs/BL-Hero etc

Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with aff, honestly i feel like I'm just not getting warlocks this expansion even though I've mained one since wrath (I gave up on demo already)

Thanks all
    I'll tell you exactly what you are doing wrong. 88% mastery is way to low. Get that to 100 at least but ideally 110+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    Hey all, fellow warlock brethren here. WAs wondering if anyone could help me out by telling me what i'm doing wrong and how to fix it for affliction and one destro log. Thanks for any input everyone.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...810521/latest/
    Wow those numbers are really low. How did you manage that lol well for starters never use Phantom Singularity that's number 1.

You must be screwing up MAJORLY on your drain cycles to do dps that low especially on Trillax, Star Auger and Krosus. You should honestly run WIA and SE on those fights and focus on only maintaining dots on boss and SE and dump UA whenever you can on boss. Much more forgiving because it's easy to keep dots refreshed while doing mechanics. You should see a 100-150k increase because 200k dps tells me you are getting interrupted during drain cycles or just doing something majorly wrong.

Somehow I am doing terrible since the moment I hit 899-901 bracket (or above). I was doing "okish" at around 893 iLevel and with me getting my feet wet in heroic NH. I recently got BiS shoulders but sadly have neither 4pc nor girdle.

Overall, i am parsing mostly epic, but I attribute this to my high iLevel, since my bracket Performance is beyond bad. The parses for destro in this bracket are few and far between, but I thought of myself as not totally terrible until now.

I espescially have Problems with elisande and gul'dan Event though we are supposed to be best at it.

I attribute most of my shortcomings to bad movement and maybe bad havoc usage. Additionally I am not sure if I make optimal use of ELT, I feel, it costs me many GCDs. I have the feeling that I have so much maintenance to do, I barely cast the important stuff.

Does it have to do with me not having the 4pc at that iLevel, or can you see some other reason?

Not allowed to post links. I am

Calandran on EU Ambossar

Hey, i am Tyrz, i am a 888 Demonology Warlock, currently i am not happy with my dps, I cannot post logs as my MMO-Champion account is new, but if you type Tyrz into warcraftlogs, I am the one from Khaz'goroth server.
    If someone could look at my logs and help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi warlocks

I am doing verry low dmg in our raids, can someone how knows the class better give me some pointers ?
    Stats wrong ?
    Rotation fucked ?
    Wrong talens on bosses ?

Just retarded ? :/

Stats
    17 crit / 10 haste / 108 mastery

I have looked at alot youtube videos and think that i know what im supposed to do - but the dmg is not there so im probably missing alot.
    I have also heard that at a sertain ilvl the dmg spikes up, like ilvl 880 low dmg ilvl 890 100k more dmg is affliction so ilvl dependent ?

I have got some better gear during the fights but also got 1 T19 from LFR and another from Normal - that takes my ilvl down a bit
    Also tried different talents on the bosses

Log
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/20648718/latest/

Armory
    eu battlenet character/balnazzar/Stomi/simple

Embrace the shadows

/Stomi

Wcl: /reports/qW2Ld7Tatk4gfjbh#fight=14&view=rankings

Why is one warlock doing 100k more dps than the other? Are 4 item levels really that huge? I'm evaluating both for heroic raid slots so I'm wondering if you can see anything wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Mcgvr, affliction is very strong in aoe when played properly. You are single targeting everything on fights where your aoe would shine. Seed of corruption, sow seeds, and soul flame the adds on Skorp, Tich, and spellblade to dominate the meters. I don't play a warlock and don't know what you also have to do to build shards for that, but I see affliction warlock dominate those fights. Your damage from seed and soul flame are both low when adds are up, just keep spamming both more.

Deleted
    hi i'd like some help with my demonology, i've not been dps before, i gained about 15 itemlevels when nighthold came out but i lost around 6% haste .

not allowed to post links yet so had to remove the first bits.

armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellfire/Saitoh/simple

log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/L8NWhM9cj4R2T1QV/

the log is 2 weeks old now from a few bosses, not every fight there was ideal, i've had better fights on certain bosses since but it's a general idea.

I know that i need to keep a higher doom uptime but other than that i can't really see why my dps is so low compared to other locks of my itemlevel.

Hey everyone. I want to be able to get into orange percentiles on all my heroic/mythic bosses. A good example to look at in my logs is heroic/mythic trilliax and heroic krosus. What can I be doing differently in my rotation or prioritization to squeeze out another 100k DPS on these fights? As an example, I compared myself with the 20th ranked aff lock on mythic krosus during our attempts. I was looking when he was casting stuff, when he was moving during the replay, etc. He was keeping wrath of consumption up by agony'ing adds. I just am at a loss on how to increase my dps, when my casts, spec, and gear are similar to a different warlocks.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...153084/latest/
    CompTIA A+ Computer technician, 7 years and counting...

Retired WoW Heroic Raider, currently playing DOTA 2 competitively.

Im wondering about scorpiron - seems like most affliction locks do ALOT of dmg - but not me ... do u need to swich to crit gear or how do u guys do it ?

Link to last nights fight only normal so dmg sholud be far higher right ?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ght=2&source=8

Im using sow and infernal and dont have any on use trinkets or racials

/Stomi

Hi fellow Warlocks.

I am feeling as if my DPS could be a little higher, maybe I'm just paranoid.

Destro
    Lieriah
    logs -w ww.warcraftlogs.com/reports/NPfWgVn9GwFkm6AT#
    Armory - u s.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Lieriah/simple

Just got my 4 piece last week so getting used to that obviously.

Remove space from first part of each link to access them, not enough posts to actually link.

Thanks!

Deleted
    @Barthelo

First do not use Roaring Blaze ! It's worst than BD because you won't play it perfectly.
    Especially inadd fight were you need BD to spend all your shard in cleave

Looked at your Elisande fight
    (first it's strange not to use BL at the start of the fight).

Empowered Life Tap 78.26% => should be higher
    For example, I'm at 99.14%
    Advice : refresh it while moving and use a WA when time is < 5s (because it can pandemic)
    Do not forget to do it around 10/15s before the pull and then again right before pre-casting.

Embrace Chaos => should be a bit higher i guess, don't cast back to back CB (if you are not shard caped ofc)

Soul shard : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ce=9&spell=107
    Too many SS wasted, do not cap !

CDs in general :
    Grimoire: Imp cast : 2 ! Use it on CDs !!!!
    Soul Harvest : 3 ! Use it on CDs, on time it for a Cleave / AoE moment.
    For example use it on pull when there is the 3 adds and use it as soon as there is an add.
    Infernal : Use it when there is more than one target : here use it at the start of the fight (3 targets).

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgvr View Post
    Im wondering about scorpiron - seems like most affliction locks do ALOT of dmg - but not me ... do u need to swich to crit gear or how do u guys do it ?

Link to last nights fight only normal so dmg sholud be far higher right ?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ght=2&source=8

Im using sow and infernal and dont have any on use trinkets or racials

/Stomi
    IF anyone else was wondering about this i think i know how to do it now

Its verry much about tank positioning and geting the adds stacked togetter, on a few mythic tryes i did 1 miljon damage wich was 95% (ledgendary rank) for me

Hope this helps someone
    /Stomi

War craft logs /reports/GAtqM7w4836Wyxaz#fight=34&view=analytical

I joined a new guild and went to my first mythic bosses of this expansion, and I did really poorly. Is there a better talent setup I can use to pump out more damage while still doing mechanics? Specifically, how can I do the kind of damage the other affliction warlock is doing on mythic Anomaly and heroic Gul'dan?

Also, should I go for a single target build on mythic Skorpyron in the future? The adds were dying before I could even finish a seed cast.