Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo336 View Post
    I've been playing aff for a while, but I think there's quite a bit I'm missing. Guild is going into tomb soon and I don't want to be a liability to them. GM has linked me logs, but I can't make heads or tails of most of it, especially the timelines. I have a some suspicions of what the problem or problems are, but I could use some insights.

I do know the 2-3 UAs into drain soul rotation w/ out letting agony fall off, though I may be making some mistakes I'm not seeing. On fights where I'm not taking MG I've been going AC/SE I think my dps seems to improve over MG. Other factors may be that I'm prioritizing killing adds or am having poor timing on UA cycles. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Logs from our last M-NH
    warcraftlogs com/rankings/character/18084122/11/#bracket=23

Our last Gul'dan kill
    warcraftlogs com/reports/4ZRcPANkgz9FMYbK#source=8

Also it seems that it won't let me post full warcraftlogs links so I put a space in there for now.

The “2-3 UA then Drain rotation” assumes you have Malefic Grasp talented. (Because of the modifier it gives to dots while it’s channeled.) This rotation doesn’t apply if you are using Writhe/Haunt.

Noticed you have satyr neck chant (can see the proc in some of your kills). Change that to “Trained Soldier”. 600 mastery is much better!

Looking through some of your kills:

Mythic Botanist: You used Haunt + Absolute Corruption. Don’t use Absolute Corruption on mythic. On Mythic difficulty, the bosses heal up to full when any of them die. Those corruptions aren’t doing a thing for you. Spec for better single target. Try using Malefic Grasp + Contagion.

Harvest should have been paired with Reap + 2nd Pot. (Since you took Haunt, Haunt should have been used during it too.)

Haunt usage: You cast it a total of 8 times for a 6min 38sec fight. As of this date, Haunt has a 30sec cd, so you should have had a minimum of 13 casts. Taking advantage of its CD reset would have given you more than 13 casts.

Mythic Anomoly: Try to get more Agonies running simultaneously before popping Harvest. It looks like you had only 2 agonies rolling when you casted it. For sure, you can get more running at once.

Your 2nd pot should have been paired with Harvest.

Mythic Krosus: Only thing I can think of is you should have paired your 2nd Pot better with Harvest.

Mythic Gul’dan: This log is private, so I can’t view it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabera View Post
    Ok, so I want to step my game up and am not sure if its just gear holding me back or I am fucking up badly.

Any input would really be welcomed, as I would like to perform better for next tier.
    The first thing would be to research the optimal talents combinations for each fight. On 8 out of 10 fights, you are using Sow the Seeds. That right there is holding you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysd View Post
    Hello all.

I'm trying to help a guild mate so I will appreciate any kind of feedback.

Her toon name is Daniithaa, demo warlock and I have no clue why her dps is so low (I think it's a matter of rotation, but I know anything about the class/spec)
    Her gear is good enough in terms of item level, but I don't know if the stats are capped/balanced/correctly distributed.

Thanks in advance.

I wish I could help, but I don’t yet know how to play demo nor how to analyze their logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashyk View Post
    Hello I could use some help with my DPS. I rank very low for other Aff Locks my ilvl.

Warcraft logs - warcraftlogs.com/reports/WMCBNmZzh9qrJPRj#fight=23

Armory - worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thrall/ashyk

If I read the logs right, I'm staying active. I just don't seem to be using my time wisely. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Your gear looks fine, though I’d go for the Mastery chant on neck.

Heroic Tichondrius: You missed getting the Essence of Night debuff during the 2nd Illusionary Night phase. Can’t parse well without getting that every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    Hello, I need some help with improving my dps. All the links below.

My Rotation - I try to use Terryns guide a guideline. My rotation is apply dots, 2x UA + drain. During drain dont reapply if they are about to fall off except agony. Reapply dots, 2xUA + drain. Keeping up dots between drain cycle, try to do it on the move and tap on the move. On any additional adds that spawn i put agony for shard generation. (2xUA + drains) if its prio add who live for at least 10 seconds. Always keeping dots on main target. I use seed of corruption if i get get it to spread to 3 targets at least and apply agony if they are gonna live long enough. (Atm i generally just use reap for drain cycles) And on harvest of souls cap, if i know i will generate more. Sometimes when i dot a lot of targets up i use it. I aslo only use UA in a drain cycle is that bad? Or should i aim to have one op all the time for contagion talent on main.

I assume my reap usage is awful and that is whats holding me back..

I think my gear is good enough, with another class spec i would be able to do 70-90+ prasaes in hc easily and consistently.

P.S. Is there a weak aura that screams in my face that im about to cap, or i am at soul shard cap. And another one for life tap notification that my mana is low. Could not find those on wago. I am currently using this as WA - Ipse's WA's - Warlock. And tracking dots by by boss frames, name plates.

Some Rotation things I am not sure about, at how many targets stacked should i spam Seeds of corruption? Untalanted/Talanted answers please.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward for feedback <3
    Skipping this one, since Terryn himself helped you in a separate thread you’d posted about this a while back...

Quote Originally Posted by Livix View Post
    Hello, I have only been playing Warlock for about 2 weeks and I was looking for any outside help from some of you top tier warlocks I am still trial in my guild and I really wanna show them my full potential and lock down that core raid spot we are currently 5/10 mythic. Currently on Spellblade. IGN: Womb-Thrall. Any advice/tips are very appreciated !

The top tier locks all seem to be on break eating cake at this time. At any rate, I hope you find my help of use to you:

Mythic Tichondrius: Main thing that cost you dmg on this fight is that you missed getting an Essence of Night debuff during the 2nd bat phase. Gotta fight for that!!!

Heroic Anomaly: Didn’t prepot & needed to line up Reap better with Soul Harvest.

Heroic Botanist: You missed tagging a few of the spheres. If you’re afraid of blowing them up too early, then you can tag them just before they die. Also, for heroic/normal difficulty, Writhe in Agony is better than MG.

Heroic Star Augur: Didn’t use 2nd pot. Should have paired Soul Harvest with Wrath of Consumption. (It seems like you just randomly decided to cast Soul Harvest. You didn’t line it up with anything. Should have been paired with 2nd Pot + Consumption.)

Heroic Gul’dan: Seems you missed a Soul Harvest cast. It might be worth casting Soul Harvest a tad earlier in Phase 1, so that your 2nd cast of it lines up better with Wrath of Consumption. The 3rd cast should still line up well with Bloodlust. During the last 10-15sec of the fight, you should have had room for a 4th cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Quasar911 View Post
    Hello All

I have done a few Hcs and Mythics and for the life of me i cant seem to break 300k dps. Ive seen some locks with lower gear than me breaking this easy.
    I have read icy-veins guides many a time and indeed follow their rotation for affliction to the T.

What should my DPS really be based on my gear,

I have not done armoury as i was not signed up to it and thus unable to produce logs,

I keep agony up
    I keep Corruption up
    I keep Siphon Life
    I fire of 2-3 UA and then drain soul

the usual rotation, etc

thanks in advance

You need better itemized gear. Right now, you have too much versa, you have no set bonuses, and you need better trinkets.

Your haste and crit are fine, but you need to stack more mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Destructocon View Post
    Posting this on behalf of my guild mate, because he can't post links on the forums yet.

Hello all,
    I would like to request some assistance with my affliction warlocks damage. I've read guides from Terryn and Accolonn about what to do, I just have a difficult time doing it when it's not a target dummy. I feel like my reap souls and soul shard generations are really random inside the raid encounter where as at a target dummy I have plenty to spare. But I would like some advice on helping me understand how I can improve. I have weakauras and use accolonn affliction ones but I would like to add sound to the timers to help remind me to refresh them if anyone could help me with that.

Heroic Nighthold
    Character Name: Brofu
    Yes I know I didn't have my pet out for krosus >.< I need a weakaura that yells at me if I don't have my pet summoned.
    I died to the beam on trilliax becuase I had a phone call.

Heroic Botanist: You should have paired Reap with your 2nd Soul Harvest + Bloodlust. (You forgot pet here too! )

Heroic Anomoly: Try to have Agony running on more adds just before you pop Soul Harvest. It looks like you just had it on one add + boss. (Getting more can be hard depending on how good the other dps are, but it’s worth having a longer harvest time.)

When talented into MG, cast a maximum of 3 UAs and then Drain them. (A lot of times, you cast 4+ in a row. When you do this, by the time you start draining, your first UA will be about to fall off.)

Heroic Star Augur: Same thing as the above comment for UA casting. It doesn’t change just because Bloodlust is up! Cast 3 maximum UAs and then drain them. On this fight you went crazy! During Bloodlust, you cast 8 UAs in a row before draining, which means at least 4 of them weren’t buffed by Malefic Grasp.

Heroic Tichondrius: Nicely job! Just be careful about the UA thing. You did it again during Bloodlust. Some of those UAs were not buffed by MG as a result. Instead of casting 6 UAs in a row and then draining (with ~half of them unbuffed), you could have done 3 at a time with ALL of them buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Datdotnrot View Post
    Hey uh if somone could look at my logs I feel my dps is low I must be doin something wrong
    .. apparently I can't post links due to low post count ?? If somone could link. Datdotnrot us sargaras Warcraft logs sopeople could take a a look that would be most appricated
    It's easier if you mention what spec you are and which fight/difficulty you wish to improve on.

----------------------------------------

Yay! All caught up! Keep in mind all of these comments are based on the current rendition of affliction. After patch some things may change. I'll pop in to help again after I've re-learned some of the new nuances of affliction

Hello everyone, I started affliction warlock not too long ago, and yesterday I tried out some heroic nighthold. I can't help to notice that my dps isn't up to par with a good majority of people that play this class. I am pretty sure that I have the wrong talents as I just took the "generic" ones. Any help would be appreciated!

The website doesn't allow me to post any links since I am new. If anyone would be interested to check my in game name is: Zandare EU-Outland

Thanks in advance!

Need some help with my demo dps. I've identified what my gear problems are already.
    Just need someone to point out the major problems I'm missing in logs.

Logs of last attempt:
    Can't post links but they're public under warcraftlogs search Die Laughing (my guild) and you can find me there. Specifically, I'm looking for Heroic Mistress improvement suggestions.

I've updated some talents: PT over HoD

Armory:
    Irasmus Zangarmarsh
    I've got heroic whispers and can get metronome or arcanocrystal. PvP trinket was a lucky titanforge and I don't use it for raiding.

Overall I'm a fairly experienced raider but find my performance lacking parse wise.
    I'd appreciate your help with this. If you need more data my guild's got a lot of parses to pick from.

-Ira

I've recently switched my main to warlock, finding my dps is lacking a bit, ran some sims and my sims are 100-300k more than what I'm actually doing. I know its difficult to hit those numbers on non patchwerk type fights, but I was wondering If I could get a couple of tips maybe into where I'm going wrong or what I can do to improve.

I want to improve my empowered life tap uptime but I've made a weak aura for that now

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XLnzMwt4YfxpNKcQ

(my lock is meleficara)

main spec is destro but I'd like to improve my demonology dps ( I went demo for maiden)

Someone else can take an in-depth look but I spotted a couple of things.

Lord of Flames (from Summon Infernal) is your best dps cooldown and you only used it in one fight. You should always cast it with bloodlust or timewarp. Also you could've cast Channel Demonfire more than you did. You should use it on cooldown unless adds are spawning in a couple of seconds.

@Raidou
    There are too many obvious mistakes, take Sisters of the Moon:
    -No Cd a the beginning / no potions
    -no Lord of Flames
    -Life tap < 80% (btw you should use eradication in ST situation, follow the warcraftlog best talent)
    -CDF not used on CD / grim imp not use on cd

thanks for the feedback I'm gonna try be tighter on these things

Hello,

Asking your advices for improving my play in hero ToS as an affli

Here is logs:
    warcraftlogs
    /reports/CFmpfJz8cNt67Wyq#type=damage-done&fight=13

3 last fights - Inq, Harj, Sisters

Faithfully Yours

if anyone could take a look at my logs and give me a few tips, i feel like im doing worse than i could be. thanks.
    warcraftlogs.com
    /rankings/character/11105617/13#difficulty=4&class=Warlock&spec=Affliction&metric=dps

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aBYJz/#fight=5

The logs of last night, I was only there for the first few attempts because my dps was sub-par (which it is), but I don't know what I can do to improve it.. Any tips? Currently seriously considering rerolling because I can't get over the 500-600k bump.

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aBYJz/#fight=5

The logs of last night, I was only there for the first few attempts because my dps was sub-par (which it is), but I don't know what I can do to improve it.. Any tips? Currently seriously considering rerolling because I can't get over the 500-600k bump.
    Honestly, your trinkets are pretty garbo and overall your gear needs some work...

Also, I would try playing with WiA instead of MG (might help with your movement on FA).

I've always enjoyed playing destro more than affliction but for ToS I have to play aff on the fights that it clearly outperforms destro.

I think I am not doing too bad but I want to imrove as fast as I can and I don't know how to read my log to look for mistakes so any help is really apprieciated.

Here are my last logs on Harjatan and DI (I am Vomgan). For Harjatan I tried to focus on boss damage and I feel like I performed pretty decently but I am sure there are a couple of things I can improve on. For DI I think I played it poorly and there's a lot of stuff I should be doing better.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    Last edited by Reitun; 2017-08-16 at 04:34 PM.

Could someone please help me pin point where I am fucking up?

I am switching talents to fit the encounter, my gear is pretty damn decent. Besides one ring and the bracers, everything else is on point. I feel as I should be doing better than current numbers.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ajtgfXYTKxkm8DG3
    armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ollow/calabera

@Calabera
    Goroth :
    ELT 77% => should be 100% up time
    Dimensional Rift shouldn't be cast back to back with Time and space legendary and you didn't used it in the first 30 seconds.
    Grimoire: Imp should be used on CD.
    Use Infernal : lord Of Flamme during BL.

Harjatan :
    Using drain soul to get shard is good but you need to tag every single mob to get a Tormented Souls stack.
    On fight with adds, your Deadwind Harvester should have an up time > 95%.

Sisters:
    Try using Deadwind Harvester each time you are starting an Unstable Affliction cycle.
    The uptime during the whole fight will stay the safe (and is random) so use it more often for small needed duration is better.

Maiden :
    SoulHarvest talent should be better, especially because you are using the owl (and bad destru legen).

Looking to try and improve my overall play. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6FgLk9qzfAXTPw2B
    I am the only warlock, Valkors.

I'd appreciate some help with improving my DPS: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...dps&bracket=-1

It seems that while my DPS isn't terrible, there's much room for improvement.

I know I probably should have swapped my talents for a few of the bosses but I had run out of tomes.

Edit: Armory https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../sargeras/marc

Edit 2: It seems that some of the logs were taken down, resulting in only 1 boss currently on there fore me
    Last edited by Krozard; 2017-09-07 at 04:13 AM.

Hey guys. So I was pretty on and off with Legion and have recently been more consistent with the expansion. For a while, I struggled to pick a main, and for whatever reason, Affliction lock finally calmed all my worry. I absolutely love the spec and class overall in comparison to my Hunter who I mained for years and dropped after all the changes.

I applied to one of my guild's raid teams and they mentioned that my logs suck. I know that I'm not the greatest at the class or spec but I felt I was doing decent enough. Anyways, I need critique and any advice possible.

Here's the logs from a Heroic Pug I ran last night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mhapAyt23Lb4HZzf

Any advice and critique is welcomed. I'm really trying my hardest to learn the ins and outs of the spec and really want to get better at it. Thanks in advance guys!

I've been raiding Mythic in Legion with this guild for quite a while and, while I may have been doing decent at first, things have been getting tougher. Our RL expects everyone to have decent parses on each heroic boss. I think I understand the two basic rotations; dots, 2-3 Uas, reap, drain for MG and just use UA while reaped and keep dots up for WiA. I personally dislike MG, but may have to switch to it if it comes down to it. I just feel like I'm missing something, wheather it be better gearing or rotational issues. There's a few things I might be able to fix, such as better reap usage and taking more advantage of 4pc20 by draining more/dotting after getting a proc rather than UA spam which I am used to. I only have heroic logs to link since our Mythic logs aren't public.

warcraftlogs. com/reports/dbA7aqQ4kZrP6yLf#fight=28

and my rankings

I do know that MG is better for many fights, but I was wondering if it were possible to do just as good with WiA. For example this person

warcraftlogs. com/reports/vGB4MZ1Cg89tfwz3#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=11&view=analytical

has a good half a mil ahead of me in similar spec/gear and I'm not sure how to look at the logs to see how that he performs so much better.

In the end I at least want to keep up with the other Aff lock if not pull ahead. I had tried to get help from the Warlock discord and most weren't much help. Is there any advice you can give me that isn't just "go check resources."

I've been raiding Mythic in Legion with this guild for quite a while and, while I may have been doing decent at first, things have been getting tougher. Our RL expects everyone to have decent parses on each heroic boss. I think I understand the two basic rotations; dots, 2-3 Uas, reap, drain for MG and just use UA while reaped and keep dots up for WiA. I personally dislike MG, but may have to switch to it if it comes down to it. I just feel like I'm missing something, wheather it be better gearing or rotational issues. There's a few things I might be able to fix, such as better reap usage and taking more advantage of 4pc20 by draining more/dotting after getting a proc rather than UA spam which I am used to. I only have heroic logs to link since our Mythic logs aren't public.

and my rankings warcraftlogs. com/reports/dbA7aqQ4kZrP6yLf#fight=28

I do know that MG is better for many fights, but I was wondering if it were possible to do just as good with WiA. For example this person

warcraftlogs. com/reports/vGB4MZ1Cg89tfwz3#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=11&view=analytical

has a good half a mil ahead of me in similar spec/gear and I'm not sure how to look at the logs to see how that he performs so much better.

In the end I at least want to keep up with the other Aff lock if not pull ahead. I had tried to get help from the Warlock discord and most weren't much help. Is there any advice you can give me that isn't just "go check resources."

Hey I have been unsatisfied with my dps for a while and video and written guides are not really helping I would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some advice on where to improve
    heroic logs warcraftlogs com/reports/XjgDqkmacxfhr7nb/
    Rankings warcraftlogs com/rankings/character/21954931/13#metric=dps