Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Fellow locks,

My DPS, I feel, is too low and can be improved upon. What do you guys see I am doing, or not doing.

Armory: Calabera's Armory

Logs: Heroic - Ursoc

Thank you in advance, and may the demons forever be in your side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calabera View Post
    Fellow locks,

My DPS, I feel, is too low and can be improved upon. What do you guys see I am doing, or not doing.

Thank you in advance, and may the demons forever be in your side.
    Wrong use of Roaring Blaze Talent.
    Remember that refreshing your immolate will reset the bonus granted by RB and that you always want to pandemic immolate to max duration before using conflagrate.
    Use Warcraftlogs/Timelines/Casts to see where you missed it.

Deleted
    Hi guys,
    we are 7/7 in HC EN and thinking of starting to try Mythic. We all know we have a lot potential to improve so we watched or logs and are trying to fix our lower DPS-DDs instead of instant bench them.
    Our Demo-WL is struggling to keep up in DPS, he is our only WL which make it hard for us to help him ourself.

warcraftlogs(DOT)com/reports/V8kbtrGZjT9A4cm2#fight=10

if this link is working for you, you should see our nhc / hc raid from yesterday.

i would like you guys to check out our WL and help him improve.
    As you can see its not a problem for a specific boss more like overall.
    I quick-checked if he is missing some spells the "best" dps locks are using but i didnt get any information of that.

He is trying to improve his rotation quiet often and probably more often than anyone else. Could there still be a problem with it?
    any softcap he needs to reach and might not?

Demo lock is a pretty hard spec in terms of rotations. is Destru lock superior? or should he be able to catch up with demo aswell?

You guys got any advice for us?
    Hope this thread gets enough attention that i dont have to create my own thread

greetings Apdarooki

edith: i was a quiet reader until now, so i just created an account and i am not allowed to post links right now. but i guess you guys manage to have a look at the link

1 more edith: i am not talking about that he is doing 100k DPS lower than he should
    Last edited by mmocf805bb64e1; 2016-10-21 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apdarooki View Post
    Hi guys,
    we are 7/7 in HC EN and thinking of starting to try Mythic. We all know we have a lot potential to improve so we watched or logs and are trying to fix our lower DPS-DDs instead of instant bench them.
    Our Demo-WL is struggling to keep up in DPS, he is our only WL which make it hard for us to help him ourself.

if this link is working for you, you should see our nhc / hc raid from yesterday.

I quick-checked if he is missing some spells the "best" dps locks are using but i didnt get any information of that.

He is trying to improve his rotation quiet often and probably more often than anyone else. Could there still be a problem with it?

Demo lock is a pretty hard spec in terms of rotations. is Destru lock superior? or should he be able to catch up with demo aswell?

greetings Apdarooki

edith: i was a quiet reader until now, so i just created an account and i am not allowed to post links right now. but i guess you guys manage to have a look at the link

1 more edith: i am not talking about that he is doing 100k DPS lower than he should
    Alright, well first and foremost I’m going to say that destruction is objectively the better spec, and is a bit easier to play. That being said as a demo main myself, demo is more than viable and you can still see very solid results out of it.

Right away I’m going to say he needs to replace those trinkets. Moonlit prism is awful for demo since iirc pet attacks don’t stack the buff, and I’ve never seen anyone use that other trinket, I don’t even know what it’s from lol. Not has a list of trinket sims on his demo guide but I’d personal recommend a world quest trinket that has haste on it, and either a chrono shard or the plaguehive from the first boss. Technically the trinket from jim is the “best” but unless he already has it he won’t be able to get it for a while.

Now onto actual gameplay stuff. His talents are fine, but he really needs to work on his spell priority. He needs to learn not only to pre-cast in the opener, but also how to properly open using demonic calling (I’d refer him to the guide for that). Rotationally, he needs to make sure he empowers IMMEDIATELY after each summon UNLESS he’s comboing summons together. For example if he has a demonic calling proc and four shard he should HoG > Dreadstalkers > Empower. He’s also neglecting dreadstalkers a lot, it needs to be kept on cooldown, especially since he’s talented to have them summon extra imps. Because all his summons are so disjointed and sparse it’s making his artifact ability it for nothing.

Speaking of that, he cast TKC three times over the course of a four minute fight. It’s a 45sec cooldown, he needs to be using it as soon as it’s off cd, and every time he uses it, it should be with six imps and two stalkers minimum.

Movement is always a dps loss, so having him work on positioning and minimizing movement helps, also if he’s willing to learn how to use shadowflame, it makes the spec a lot more mobile.

The big thing is rotation. I mentioned the problems above, but I’d suggest you have him watch some videos of demo locks in mythic to get an idea of how they prioritize summons and casts.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, while I'm here I'd actually like to ask for some advice of my own. I mainly just want someone to pick apart what I'm doing and help me spot and get rid of bad habits. I'm leaving a log of Xavius we just did on a farm run last night. I feel like I could have done better and like I'm not fully taking advantage of the mechanics in the fight.

I'm also gonna leave one for destro since for whatever reason I do awful on Xavius as destro.

Demo: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Destro: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    (I honestly don't remember much about this one ^ I could have been doing something retarded)

So yeah, if anyone has any advice that would be great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apdarooki View Post
    Hi guys,

greetings Apdarooki

First things first, I'm going to go against what ThePhantombox said abit and say Demo is THE specc to focus on right now. It has better singletarget and has better AoE. Destro's cleave barely makes up for it's lack of singletarget. However in most cases it's not allways favorable to do much damage but focused damage so Destro isn't as great as it may seem.

One of the main things I'd like to point out is that he should drop Demonic Calling as a talent and learn how to use Shadowflame. Shadowflame deals more damamge, more reliable Soul Shard generation and better in movement.
    It's usage is quite simple. Wait untill 3 stacks. Cast one and do your normal rotation, as it's dot is about to expire, reapply the dot (it will also stack up). Then as soon as you get a new charge of shadowflame you cast it immediately and refresh the dot a second time. It will at this point stack to 3.

Secondly, trinkets. The absoloute best trinkets for a Demo lock right now is Chrono Shard (Drops from last boss in Arcway) and Plaguehive (drop from first boss in The Emerald Nightmare).

Thirdly, his Dreadstalker usage. He needs to start casting these the second they are off cooldown. He had less casts of these bad boys on a 5 min 30 sec fight than I had on a fight that was 1 minute shorter. Tell him to try and wombo combo the Dreadstalkers (if possible) with Wild imps.

Example 1: If Dreadstalker is 4 sec of CD and you got 3-4 Soul Shards. Reach the 5 Soul Shard cap, cast Hand of Gul'Dan, use one Demonbolt (or shadowflame if it fits), cast Dreadstalker and then empower both groups of demons at the same time.

Example 2: Basically a reverse way of doing it. You are at 3-4 Soul Shards and Dreadstalkers just came of CD. Hit 5 Soul Shards, cast Dreadstalkers, cast Demonbolt (or shadowflame if it fits), cast Hand of Gul'Dan, Empower both.

Smart usage of Demonic Empowerment will increase a Demo players DPS by a lot. The less you need to cast it, you have more time to cast Demonbolt. Which means more Soul Shards, more Imps, more damage.

In the event that Dreadstalkers are coming off CD and he is at 0-2 shards, just cast them and empower them the normal way. It's best to keep the spell on CD.

Fourthly: Thal'Kiels consumption. This bloody thing needs to be cast OFF COOLDOWN, and it should ONLY be cast with at least 4 imps and 2 dreadstalkers out minimum. It's simple to keep track of what you ahve out by just watching the Dreadstalker cooldown. Is there 5-12 sec left on the Dreadstalker CD? Yes? Then they are out and safe to use with Thal'Kiels Consumption. Have I recently casted Hand of Gul'Dan? Yes? Then it's safe to use Thal'Kiels Consumption. Keep in mind he needs to empower his demons before using Thal'Kiels Consumption as Demonic Empowerment increases their health and therefor the spells damage.

Fithly: Practice! This might seem obvious but it's vastly underestimated. Demo has quite the rythm to it while playing. All his spells are quite a bit below where they should be on his damage. I can only assume he fumbles a bit in his rotation. Standing a few minutes at a time on a dummy can resolve this quite a bit.
    The most notable thing he should practice is Shadowflame usage, as it is vastly important to not fail keeping the stacks going up whilst using this spell as well as getting used to weaving them in between certain combos, like the Dreadstalker / Hand of Gul'dan combo I mentioned earlier. Geting a Soul Shard instantly vs casting Demonbolt saves a lot of time. Time used to empower and summons demon faster to deal more damage.

I figured I'd post my personal rankings to show my credability: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../253315/latest
    As you can see, on Heroic progression, I'm doing quite well for myself.
    Last edited by mmoc949706cdeb; 2016-10-21 at 06:11 PM.

Hey guys I've recently started to give demonology a shot for a couple of the fights (nythendra, ursoc, and elerethe so far) but I think there's a lot I'm missing. I know the biggest thing I could use improvement on is my shadowflame usage as I don't always get it to 3 stacks.

Here's the logs warcraftlogs(dot)com/reports/davpmT2CXAqYjWgP#fight=4&type=damage-done

Thanks for the help!

Hey guys, first time posting on here, but really could use some help. For my item level, I feel like my parses are absolute garbage. I look at my rotation and don't see how I can change/improve. My gear is not optimized 100% and I have a horrible legendary. Passed me making excuses for myself, I don't know how/where I'm failing. If anyone could help me out on any of the bosses I've killed so far, that would be great. I'm not use to being such a low bracket percentile and am open to any suggestions/criticisms. Also, we are working on mythic dragons currently with the dragons being out of range of even 70% havoc uptime, any suggestions?

Boss kills: warcraft logs = /rankings/character/593124/latest/
    Armory: battle net = /wow/en/character/stormrage/Secured/simple

Secured - Stormrage

Deleted

demonology haste

Hello all
    This is my first post here.
    I'm trying to figure out if theres any haste cap for demonology....
    On Not's demonology guide in the commments section theres someone talking about that at 35% haste mastery becomes your most valuable stat however my own sims (both on simcraft and on mr.robot) i dont see that haste is always better (not better than int as we see on guide but still very good)
    (im getting this stat prio at 42% haste: int>haste>crit=vers>mastery this for single target)
    anyone knows? thx in advance

Hello guys,
    This is the first time I post here, I've been mainly playing destro since the end of MoP and I always felt like a decent player, generally getting around 50-80 percentile parses but last week I started doing normal and heroic EN and my DPS has been really poor. Last week I didn't know the fights very well so I guess I had a lot of downtime where I was just running around doing the mechanics but his week I knew the fights much better but my DPS was still low. I haven't spend much gold on flasks, pots and enchants which is surely causing a loss on DPS but still I am getting sub 20 parses which is really bad. I suck at analizing my logs so any help that you guys can give me is really appreciated, thanks in advance.

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...3301215/latest
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vomgan/simple
    Last edited by Reitun; 2016-10-22 at 05:36 PM.

Ok so i seem do be parsing lower than id like to be! I am a destro lock and was wondering if any of you could look at my logs/gear and maybe point out some flaws in my game play.

Here are my logs warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11577824/latest/

Here is my armory as well us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Choderz/simple

Any help would be nice! Thank you!

Help with Demonology DPS

Hey there, so, as a demo warlock I feel like my DPS is pretty low on most raid bosses, I've been doing all of them as demonology (except Dragons, where I go destro for the cleave), and all my guildies say I should be doing higher damage but even with a new build, I haven't gotten any results whatsoever.
    If anyone has any idea why, please tell me

Talents:
    Shadowy Inspiration
    Implosion for fights with adds and M+ or Improved Dreadstalkers
    Demon Skin
    Hand of Doom
    Dark Pact
    Grimoire of Service
    Demonbolt
    Note: The first and second tiers are the ones I struggle the more with, but I hope they're correct.

Logs: Unfortunately I don't have logs yet, but I should post them tomorrow

Armory: Can't post any links yet
    The only golden trait I have is The Expendables, almost getting Stolen Power and then Thalkiel's Discord

Please, if you have any suggestions or corrections, don't hesitate to write down below.
    Thank you!

I don't like Shadowy Inspiration. I use Demonic Calling for my first talent, but otherwise you use the same build as me. It feels like it makes summoning my demons go a little smoother. I also just got the legendary that refunds my soul shards when I summon Dreadstalkers. So when Demonic Calling procs, I get 2 free soul shards.

My usual rotation is Doom>Service:Felguard+Command>Demonbolt til 4 shards>Hand>Demonboldx2>Dreadstalkers>Thal'kiel's Consumption>Demonbolt>Rinse and Repeat

I use Demonic Empowerment after every demon I summon, unless Demonic Calling procs, then I use it after the Dreadstalkers are out.

Read the stickied guide if you haven't. It is a wonderful source of information and will fix your talent choices to begin with.

Hello everyone, can anyone check my guildmate's log and tell me whats his problem?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...translate=true

The only thing i've noticed is low total amount of casts per entire fight but he claims he has no idea how to cast spells on the move since he has to run away from brambles/move between boss and adds.

Also i would be delighted if you could please tell me, what dps should he be able to pull in his current gear since i have no idea about how good his trinkets/stats are.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Sinistrem; 2016-10-25 at 06:27 AM.

Good Morning...

I'm a Destro 'Lock and I'm hitting a plateau that I cannot figure out! My opening sequence gets me 235-240K, on average. I can consistently get between 180 and 190K sustain. The average Destro 'lock in the similar iLvl is head and shoulders above me!
    My Artefact is 19, I've talented it as per Icy-Veins and most other recommended (including MMO Champion).

Single Target:
    Backdraft
    Reverse Entropy
    Demon Skin
    Eradication
    Dark Pact
    GrimServ (Tried GrimSac as well based on parses from some of the top DPSers on WarcraftLogs)
    Soul Conduit (Switch to Wreak Havoc for Add heavy fights)

I would like to understand where the flaws are that I can't hit the same numbers as someone in the same iLvl that can sustain 250K+
    I've parsed my logs and compared them to other Destro players on WCL.
    My rotation isn't perfect but I get 95%+ uptime on on Immolate.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is our latest Ursoc Heroic: warcraftlogs.com/reports/jYNkZCWvFtMqbdVp#fight=7&type=summary
    Here's my Armory Page: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Atriedes/advanced
    Last edited by RRMaillet; 2016-10-25 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umard View Post
    Hey there, so, as a demo warlock I feel like my DPS is pretty low on most raid bosses, I've been doing all of them as demonology (except Dragons, where I go destro for the cleave), and all my guildies say I should be doing higher damage but even with a new build, I haven't gotten any results whatsoever.
    If anyone has any idea why, please tell me

Talents:
    Shadowy Inspiration
    Implosion for fights with adds and M+ or Improved Dreadstalkers
    Demon Skin
    Hand of Doom
    Dark Pact
    Grimoire of Service
    Demonbolt
    Note: The first and second tiers are the ones I struggle the more with, but I hope they're correct.

Logs: Unfortunately I don't have logs yet, but I should post them tomorrow

Armory: Can't post any links yet
    The only golden trait I have is The Expendables, almost getting Stolen Power and then Thalkiel's Discord

Please, if you have any suggestions or corrections, don't hesitate to write down below.
    Thank you!
    In the first talent row, choose and learn how to use Shadowflame. Replace Service with Synergy. Then practice your rotation on a dummy.

Btw, this is considered very basic knowledge, its increadibly lazy to not do any legwork yourself and instantly start asking on forums on what to do. I don't think Demo is for you if you don't have any interesst in putting time into learning the spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RRMaillet View Post
    Good Morning...

I'm a Destro 'Lock and I'm hitting a plateau that I cannot figure out! My opening sequence gets me 235-240K, on average. I can consistently get between 180 and 190K sustain. The average Destro 'lock in the similar iLvl is head and shoulders above me!
    My Artefact is 19, I've talented it as per Icy-Veins and most other recommended (including MMO Champion).

Single Target:
    Backdraft
    Reverse Entropy
    Demon Skin
    Eradication
    Dark Pact
    GrimServ (Tried GrimSac as well based on parses from some of the top DPSers on WarcraftLogs)
    Soul Conduit (Switch to Wreak Havoc for Add heavy fights)

I would like to understand where the flaws are that I can't hit the same numbers as someone in the same iLvl that can sustain 250K+
    I've parsed my logs and compared them to other Destro players on WCL.
    My rotation isn't perfect but I get 95%+ uptime on on Immolate.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is our latest Ursoc Heroic: warcraftlogs.com/reports/jYNkZCWvFtMqbdVp#fight=7&type=summary
    Here's my Armory Page: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/whisperwind/Atriedes/advanced

I think you dont use RB-talent right. And you also didnt use pots/Lord of Flames.

Look at Points 2,5 and 7 from Brusalks guide:

Roaring Blaze
    1. Save up 2 charges of Conflag
    2. Get full 24 second Immolate via double-cast
    3. Cast Conflag => Conflag
    4. Fill with normal rotation
    5. Cast a third Conflag off cooldown
    6. Refresh Immolate at the last possible second of the buff to maintain the RB buffed Immolate as long as possible
    7. When you're about to cap on your 2nd Conflag charge, Immolate (goes to 24 second duration), and go to 2.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5345aa0c; 2016-10-25 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bib View Post
    I think you dont use RB-talent right. And you also didnt use pots/Lord of Flames.

Look at Points 2,5 and 7 from Brusalks guide:
    That's actually a point of confusion for me: So I let Immo. drop to get full tick damage.
    Do I wait for the 2nd cooldown on Conflag and Double Cast Immo. again for the 24 second knowing there's a downtime
    in the uptime or do I Doublecast Immo and Conflag then 2nd conflag a few seconds later?

And on point 7, do I cast Immo. so there is overlap which will make the single cast a 24 second Immo. or am I misreading it?

Deleted
    Hey guys, new warlock alt here.
    I just leveled my wl alt to 110 and I'm ilvl 839 as destro. The destro wl on simulationcraft (840 ilvl) sims at 273k dps, but when I'm simming my char myself I'm at ~180k dps.
    I know my statprio isnt the best and my weapon is not leveled very far and is still missing the third slot, but ~100k difference besides I'm at the same ilvl seems a bit much.
    Is it really just my weapon or am I missing something?

Here is my Simulationcraft Code:

warlock="xxx"
    level=110
    race=human
    region=eu
    server=xxx
    role=attack

talents=2111333
    spec=destruction
    artifact=38:0:0:0:0:803:1:807:1:809:3:811:3:812:3:815:1:818:1:1355:1

head=,id=139086,bonus_id=3395/1482/1675
    neck=,id=137535,bonus_id=1726/1477
    shoulder=,id=134177,bonus_id=1726/1808/1487/1675
    back=,id=135910,bonus_id=3428/1721/1517/3337
    chest=,id=138215,bonus_id=1807/43/1472
    wrist=,id=134436,bonus_id=1726/1482/3339
    hands=,id=134393,bonus_id=1727/1502/1813
    waist=,id=134433,bonus_id=3413/1502/1813
    legs=,id=137304,bonus_id=1726/40/1477
    feet=,id=139128,bonus_id=3397/1492/1675
    finger1=,id=133634,bonus_id=3410/1497/1813
    finger2=,id=139238,bonus_id=1807/41/1477/3336
    trinket1=,id=139321,bonus_id=1807/1472
    trinket2=,id=135924,bonus_id=3428/604/1507/3336
    main_hand=,id=128941,relic_id=3379:1457/1497:3337,gem_id=139267/141522/0/0

Quote Originally Posted by Zai View Post
    Hey guys, new warlock alt here.
    I just leveled my wl alt to 110 and I'm ilvl 839 as destro. The destro wl on simulationcraft (840 ilvl) sims at 273k dps, but when I'm simming my char myself I'm at ~180k dps.
    I know my statprio isnt the best and my weapon is not leveled very far and is still missing the third slot, but ~100k difference besides I'm at the same ilvl seems a bit much.
    Is it really just my weapon or am I missing something?
    Download the SimulationCraft addon from Curse and get your stats in game. Any better?