Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hello fellow warlocks. I'm hoping some of you have had better luck with demo than I have so far. The first 2 nights my dps has just seemed underwhelming. I consider myself a pretty competent player and have stuck with demonology every expansion. (Obviously destro for certain fights).

I've gone over guides, Not's rotation, priorities, etc. And I feel as though I'm playing the spec well. However I'm consistently behind, and sometimes WAY behind our other warlock who plays destro. Example being Heroic Ursoc. He finished at 212k, and I at 211k. Warcraftlogs shows me below 50th percentile with this and slightly above it for my gear. I can't put my finger on whatever it is that is holding me back. The other warlocks gear is slightly better than mine, but didn't pot and didn't flask, and was still able to beat me out. Which leads me to believe I'm going wrong somewhere but can't put my finger on it. Below are links to our raids logs last night as well as my armory.

us battle net/wow/en/character/zuljin/Foxylauxy/simple

www warcraftlogs com/reports/AaHqgtPF98TrcX1W#fight=8&start=2151744&end=2396962

Any information is appreciated friends, I'm wracking my brain over this and would love a second opinion. Thank you!

Not allowed to post links yet, so I had to modify it, sorry for the inconvenience :/

I'm no genius, but for stat weights I think you should get SimulationCraft. https://simulationcraft.org/

Stat weights are so heavily dependent on your talent choices, that you really should just sim them yourself. It's not that hard of a program to use (the UI has come miles since it first started), although you do need to enable the option to find the scale factors.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Deleted
    Hey guys !

My destru lock dropped wriggling-sinew 865 ilvl last night (not enough post to link it here)

+986 Critical Strike (2.82% at L110)
    Gain 10 stacks of maddening whispers.
    Your damaging spells transfet one Maddening Whisper to the target for 30 sec.
    When all Whispers have been applied, each deals 61180 shadow damage.
    (2 Min cooldown)

(wow head items are wrong about the dmg, it's showing 90798 Shadow damage for 865+)

I'm not finding 10 * 61180 dmg every 2 minute good at all ...
    I will test it in ST fight (Ursoc or Nythendra).

Am I wrong ?
    When should i use it ? (MM+, other raid encounter ?)
    Last edited by mmoc07bbc36aa1; 2016-09-23 at 11:51 AM.

There doesn't seem so many people replying here at the moment (and people are very busy doing their own raiding) so to everyone if you are serious about improving your performance long-term I really would advise learning how to read and compare logs. Here is a very basic guide to find some of the major issues in your play. Then later as you become more experienced you can look far deeper and at the specific issues. I have barely touched Affliction so I haven't bothered commenting on any abilities connected to that.

Firstly, find an excellent parse with a kill time very similar to yours and go through each tab. On the Damage Done one compare the number of casts, hits (to see if you are casting but the mobs keep dying before the spell lands), % of damage and damage done (though this can vary somewhat depending on stats and item level) for each ability. Note down any issues.

On Damage Taken see where you are failing the most compared to your raid.

On Buffs (or Casts tab) check that you are using your Racial and Potions enough. Are they coinciding with BL/TW/other buffs? If Demo Check out overall Demonic Empowerment uptime.

Under Debuffs check out DoT uptime for each relevant mob. Eradication (if using) and Havoc (if using) uptime.

Resources Mana. Check that you do not OOM (unless using Mana Tap then make sure you are not spamming Life Tap). Soul Shards try to avoid getting to 5. Once you get more handy with logs you can pin stuff and combine the graphs as example to show how many soul shards you have and whether say Eradication is active to see if you are missing possible casts.

On the Casts tab just above the graph click on every ability name. Now are there gaps in your graph? If so then this is when you are casting nothing. Try to minimise those gaps. It is hard with our immobile specs now (well Demo and Destro anyhow) if we do have to move but this can be a significant loss of damage if we are standing there doing nothing. See if during those gaps how your mana is. Did you perhaps miss a tap?

Now get rid of all the spells again apart from DoTs. Are you perhaps casting them too often and losing those GCDs? Sometimes though we will be casting the instant ones too early while on the move. If Demo pay special attention to Demonic Empowerment. Too many casts will cost you a lot as well in missed SB/DB damage and lost soul shards.

Just above the Casts tab click on Events. Now compare your opener to guides.

I am totally out of practice with log reading and I don't have the knowledge or experience yet in order to really look into Legion ones so I may have missed a lot of important abilities/factors. As some Demo examples like amount of mobs out for TKC, whether you casts summons together when you can and whether you cast DE after each summon. This should be a good start though to identify some issues so hope it helped. Good luck.

Destro Lock Low DPS?

I just started playing my lock again and it seems so weak. I've got it up to 836 iLVL but I can't seem to pull more then 115k DPS. I've read tons of guides, tons of stuff about them but I can't seem to pull anymore DPS. I'm not sure if its my gear or something I'm doing wrong...

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eybar/advanced (Little bit outdated)

Skada Damage

I start with Immolate on the main target and then I follow up with 2 Conflagrates, and I do that to all ads if they will survive long enough, I then put up a Dimensional rift on my main target and then use my doomguard and grimoire imp and then I follow up with chaos bolt to use the rest of my shards I then use Incinerate until I get 1 to 2 stacks of conflagrate and I make sure Immolate is always active...

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong or if its just my gear or what... Any help would be amazing! Thanks

Should've posted this in the fix my DPS thread.

first of all, we need to see your talents, total dmg, dps and counts how many times did you cast spells?

Looking at your Armory's talents, you have RB - RE - DS - Erad - DP - GSac - SC. Pretty standard single target build - Service might suit you better than Sac depending on the timings of the encounters you're doing, but keep Sac for now.

When you run RB, you need to Immolate 2x to get a full pandemic Immolate before double conflagging - this increases the time of a 2x charged Immmolate, as well as allows you about 13 seconds of a 3x charge Immolate when Conflag gets back up again. Once that Immolate is about to wear off, cast Immolate again and bank Conflag charges until you have two then cast a second Immolate to get another full pandemic and repeat the process.

Your rotation pretty much revolves around that - CB and Incin when you can, but don't ever lose sight of getting the most of Roaring Blaze.

Make sure you get Lord of the Flames in your artifact first, because Infernal does more single target and AoE than Doomguard when that is up. When Lord of the Flames is on CD, you use Doomguard. Lord of the Flames should always be timed with lust.

Hey guys

Just rerolled lock for the guild and am going destro for EN, etc mainly because demo looks more unforgiving. anyway i'm trying to figure out how to get better at the AoE for destro, so a couple of questions; Does Rain of Fire replace itself or stack on top of each other? So if i have the chance to overlap rain of fire will they take damage from multiple rain of fire? At what number of mobs is it better to use rain of fire over havoc/immolate+single target rotation?

Demonology warlock assistance needed

Hello everyone,

First time post here and I could really use some pointers with demonology. I think most of my problems are coming from movement and positioning during raids. Though I have improved some from 104k to 140-160k it still feels low to me and to others in my raid group. A normal rotation for me (not an opener) would be (always maintain doom) at 5 shards HG, if I have DC proc I use it then DE, 5 DB'S, HG, Grim ore felguard if off CD, DE and TC. In most encounters at the first TC I'm hitting 200-250k but it's after the opener that the dps sharply starts falling off. A reason I feel it's coming from positioning and movement errors is in most M dungeons I do really well most fights sitting around 200k single target. I'm not sure exactly what it is I am doing wrong but I know it's wrong and hope someone can give me some tips to not be a baddie. I am ILVL 845 Stat priorities haste 30%, int, mastery 52%, a little low on crit like 13%. Below are my logs from last night's raid.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/N1wZ4B2tDqmWyvMf#source=16&view=rankings&fight=9

Thank you so much for any help that you can muster.
    Last edited by Pokus; 2016-09-26 at 03:45 PM.

So I thought I was doing well on destro until I looked at my percentage compared to other locks on warcraft logs. Im not sure what Im missing.
    Please give me some advice. There's a couple boss downs in the logs. I died a few seconds before the kill on Cenarius and some of the wipes had way higher dps. Just let me know what I can improve please.

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/16680671/latest/

Deleted
    @ILiekTrainz

Bad talents, you dont use havoc which is HUGE dps lost

Quote Originally Posted by Moist Toes View Post
    Right away I'm going to recommend running synergy instead of service, since it works a lot better with demonbolt and TKC. Make sure that as much as possible you're lining up summons in pairs, like if you have DC proced use hand first, then dreadstalkers, then empower both, saves you a cast of empower. Also make sure you're lining up things like soul harvest with consumption, I saw you use it after consumption in your opener. Check out the stickied guide and make sure you learn the opener for demonic calling, understanding why that opener is more efficient should give you an idea of how you should be using your spells in an encounter. Also when using consumption, since you're running demonic calling, I'd wait for the opportunity to hand>dreadtsalker>empower>db back to four shards>hand>empower>consumption, that should get you closer to 700-800k (which is about 1 mil if you do it with a synergy proc). I'd type more but I'm on mobile so I'm just going to cut it short there.

Hey all,

A guildie of mine is really having a hard time pulling numbers. It's to the point where we can't really bring him along. We're not super hardcore or anything, but we need DPS to be able to at least play halfway competently. He's a genuine guy that wants to learn. He knows he's under performing, but we don't have another lock in the guild and I'm not sure he even knows what questions to ask.

Here is the parse of H Nythendera tonight.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=1&source=14

Here is his armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omsayer/simple

From a cursory glance, he seems to just straight up not be casting enough. I can help him enough with that, but what does he need to work on with his playstyle? I know he probably isn't getting something.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Just realized he is rocking 72% mastery. That...can't help,, can it?
    Last edited by Hodag; 2016-09-28 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
    Hey all,

A guildie of mine is really having a hard time pulling numbers. It's to the point where we can't really bring him along. We're not super hardcore or anything, but we need DPS to be able to at least play halfway competently. He's a genuine guy that wants to learn. He knows he's under performing, but we don't have another lock in the guild and I'm not sure he even knows what questions to ask.

Here is the parse of H Nythendera tonight.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ht=1&source=14

Here is his armory

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omsayer/simple

From a cursory glance, he seems to just straight up not be casting enough. I can help him enough with that, but what does he need to work on with his playstyle? I know he probably isn't getting something.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Just realized he is rocking 72% mastery. That...can't help,, can it?
    While you're all probably just at the bottom edge of gear required for Heroic (him included), he has some definite stat issues.
    My understanding of the current meta is that he should be aiming for 30% haste and then stacking into crit.
    Megademon [110] Warlock - Area 52 (US)
    Tailoring/Enchanting

Hi guys, i'm just a casual normal/heroic raider looking to improve my gameplay.
    It would be really awesome if someone can go through these logs and give me a fair hint as to what im doing wrong or how i should get better as a lock.

Thank you.

Character name - Koouos
    Logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4TyHnJ1rjQ8aRKwZ

Demonology warlock assistance needed

Quote Originally Posted by Panta View Post
    For Dungeons you want burst AoE and decent single target. And demo is pretty good at both, I think.

I spec shadowy-Implosion-power trip-soul conduit.

Open with shadowbolt, as the Felguard charges you cast DE (if you get the proc, thats your 3rd shard), insta SB, and BAM! you got your 4xHoGD... In your 2nd in combat cast. So, basically, your 3rd cast can be a 1200+% spell power AoE (you will have Synergy proc, if you spec it, and maybe a trinket proc as well)
    Update so implosion build is a great option for mobs but you can still pull good numbers using demonwrath. It's a little clunky you want to make sure you have 5+ targets and you land your imps in the middle ideally you would have e 2 sets of imps 1 dread stalkers and your felguard. Light off Legion wrath after you dotted everything going with doom. You will likely get 5 shards in 1 cast of demo wrath right into a HOG, then doom ticks off HOG. Then TKC,demonwrath continue. Make sure you utilize your felguard cleave I've been pulling 300k on small mobs 5-6 and 700k on 8+.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys. Im looking for a bit of help.

We have two warlocks running destro and the other warlock beside me is doing more dps then i am and is lower ilvl. I am wondering what I am missing. Could i get some advice on my destro spec?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=512&source=26

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Akasha/simple

I think it could be my mastery is to low? im unsure. Any advice would be great.

Okay second question. Trying Demo for first time and would like a bit of advice.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ne&options=512

Thankyou!!!

Demonology Talents ST Increase

So we got to Mythic Ursoc and I need to play Demo for that fight - and I've been neglecting my Demo artifact. Currently have Expendables, but want to get at least Doom, Doubled and The Doom of Azeroth before going in as Demo. Was just curious how much a % increase those two talents are (DoA would be 3/3). Currently I pull about 240k without any pots/flasks/food on a dummy. Just curious what to expect with the new traits. My artifact is also only 868.
    Last edited by App; 2016-10-01 at 02:58 AM.